Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 27, 2003
This book is absolutely wonderful!!! It brought tears of understanding/joy/sorrow for me, who am also a Mom of a Down Syndrome daughter with heart defects!! It tells the struggles of what parents face on a daily basis. Excellent!! It encouraged me to write OUR own story!!!!
on October 22, 2013
I don't often review books after I read them, but this one touched my heart. Being a Special Need mom myself, I could relate to Gail's story and having an adorable child who suffered greatly. Thank You Gail for your well written memoir! I could not put it down!
on August 5, 2012
Gail has a gift, this book is proof. From the moment I began reading the first page, I could not put this book down. Gail has invited us to share some of her most intimate thoughts about being the mother of a special needs child. I was captivated by her gentle way of telling their story. Through tough times and triumphs this was a story worth telling. A good book is entertaining, a great book teaches us. I have learned a great deal about gratitude.
on November 27, 2004
Gail devoted much time to her daughter, not unusual for any parent. She quickly learned that while there is often much verbiage about `programs' and the like; reality is parents of a handicapped child face many brick walls: day care, schools and society at large often do not want any in their midst but the `normal' kid. Jade was born at a time when many Downs and other `different' kids were shunted into facilities where they were allowed to live as eternal children simply because no one knew or accepted that these kids can and will learn. They learn a bit less, at a slower rate, but learn they do just as do their peers. As Gail and Jade sat by the lake and watched `wheeshes' fly by, or visited the mall at Christmastime the pair behaved as any `normal' parent and child enjoying the day and time spent with each other.

Natural Harmony Jade's Story is an excellent addition to the home library for those who enjoy a true slice of life type work. Counselors, teachers and new parents of a Downs child alike will find comfort and benefit from reading of Jade's life and her love of life as told through the eyes of her mother.

Excellent read, happy to recommend.

Reviewed by: molly martin

[...]

[...]

QMRP-qualified mental retardation professional

20+ years public school teacher.
on December 27, 2003