Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on July 19, 2013
I am not going to lie and tell you I was not skeptical after running across this product after years of back trouble and now at 64, the leg pain on my right leg so debilitating that I could no longer even walk the length of a shopping mall or stand or sit for any length of time, or most important even or ever ride my horse again. The depression became the next problem. I know that God sent this program. I let it sit in the case for days before I got started as I complained daily and my husband kept asking when are you going to look at it. I finally did, and after many MRI and CT scans, they found stenosis (mild), arthritis and bulging (mild) but could not explain the leg pain, (just live with it, attitude). Kinda like telling someone with cancer to take an aspirin, unless you have suffered this don't talk to me. I , after thinking it might be my psoas muscle as well as the physical therapist was totally wrong, it was and is my Piriformas muscle and after just two times doing the stretches (scared to death I was going to suffer from this exercise) I was feeling relief. Now it is going on a week ONLY, my husband and I are on vacation, just doing things like driving up the coast (could never do that before this happened), walking along the beach towns, looking in windows, (could never do that) and NOW, today, after this writing, I AM GOING TO GO AND RIDE MY HORSE (FAT HORSE FROM NO EXERCISE). Most of all thank to GOD because HE did not answer my prayer with a quick fix, because I would have never been able to share this with you and help you feel relief again, there really is a life out there now and I am going for it, thank you so much for this DVD.....
on April 25, 2013
For over 6 years I've suffered from sciatic pain in my right leg starting from my hip down to my foot. In the last 8 months it has become debilitating to the point of not being able to walk or stand for more than a few minutes. I've treated with chiropractors and physical therapist with no relief. I finally scheduled back surgery for a herniated disk with a prominent surgeon in Philadelphia. Four weeks after surgery I had no improvement and was still in pain and that's when I found The "Natural Sciatic Relief" program. I found there claim that I could be pain free in 7 days hard to believe but with their help I finally identified what was causing my pain ( piraformus syndrome) and started to do the stretches they recommended I was unbelievably 95% pain free in about 5 days and have remained so to this day. They also helped me understand and correct the causes of my pain. I highly recommend this program to any one with sciatic or back pain.
on April 16, 2014
A further update. After about six weeks weeks using the program I find it is highly successful for me. I am now into correcting a muscle imbalance in one of the three categories they describe and already notice some positive change. For me the exercises are relatively simple and the pain exercises took me about five minutes twice a day and the corrective exercises about 10 minutes once a day. Have made list so do not have to listen to the instructions which shortens the time period. I will probably not post further updates unless I find that there is something significant to share. I have no idea whether the program would work for a large population of those of us with back issues but it certainly has worked for me so far.

This is an update of my earlier review. I have now been using the system for three weeks. The first two weeks I used the pain relief program and it did help considerably in easing what remained of the pain I was having. I decided to try this based on a review where the reviewer could not stand for any period or walk any distance without having to sit down. That was my case for six weeks. While the pain was finally easing I do think these exercises helped to eliminate it. I have now gone to the third disc to address a hip imbalance. Of the three muscle imbalances the discs identify this was only one I appeared to have. Have just started the series of exercises to address this and will come back and update further.

Here is my earlier review:

First, I have no relationship to these folks and have numerous Amazon reviews of products. With something like this I am always uneasy when I do not know who or what is behind a product. And it is not inexpensive. But if it works! Their lifetime return guarantee helped me decide to give it a try or at least pay shipping both ways to see if it might be useful.

I am just getting started with it and will be back to revise this after using it for a few weeks and can give more details. For now I have had a sharp pain in rear and down one leg to ankle with some effects in other leg after taking a fall on ice this winter. Started before but aggravated by the fall. Has gone on for some 6 weeks and while it is now easing for most of that time could not stand at kitchen counter or walk my dog usual half mile without sitting down. Even moved chair into kitchen and bought cane chair to take when walking more than 100 feet. When sitting or lying down no issue. Going through the first disc it seems likely my problem is piriformis syndrome. Have done the exercises for this and also the universal exercises found a couple of exercises clearly did affect the muscle that is likely my main problem. My primary care doctor basically has me on NSAIDs which while helping were not nearly this helpful. X ray showed no hip issue and various tests run showed no other issues involved. Exercises seemed to make the most sense to try and resolve my issues.

I have not gotten to disc 3 for the maintenance program but will look it over here shortly. For now while first time through certainly did not give me complete relief it was encouraging enough to keep at it and see. I have had too many friends going the invasive route of either injections or surgery to go that route without trying all other techniques first.

When I started watching the presenter is sitting in a chair against blank wall and since there was no information on the background of those involved in the Sciatica Institute will say I had my doubts. But the more I listened and looked at the workbook and based on research I have done through University of Maryland, Mayo etc. the advice seems both consistent and sound. As do the exercises. Since my pain had eased considerably before doing the exercises I cannot tell how they would have felt were I in the thros of a major back issue but for now they seem sensible.

I will return and add to this review once I have been doing the exercises on regular basis. If before then I run into any particular problems will return sooner. All of us who suffer from these problems are looking for solutions and while I hesitate to do a review before using product for some time thought it might be useful to give my first impressions especially for those who might be considering but, as I was, are uneasy not knowing the credentials behind the product.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2013
I love this product. The three DVD's take you first through a diagnosis of your type of sciatica. My chiropracter didn't even know that their were different types and treatment is different. The explanations are so clear and practical that it is easy to figure out your type. There are different stretches according to each type and within three days I was out of pain. I do the universal stretches now to stay pain free. But even better, they target the real problem which is a muscle imbalance. Again, through very simple steps you find out your particular muscle imbalance and how to correct it. I have just started working on the exercises for my particular muscle imbalance which is a high hip. I have talked about these DVD's to so many people and now, even my chiropracter wants a set. I would highly recommend these tapes. For $77.00 you will receive the equivalent of hours of therapy and a program to stay pain free for life.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2014
One herniated disc, two bulging discs, 6 years of intense Sciatic pain in right leg, years of chiropractors, physical therapists, suggested surgery and lots of prayers. The answer to my prayer was the Natural Sciatica Relief System. After a few months of doing the exercises I am relatively pain free, I sleep better, I am so happy AND, I am back to playing racquetball three times a week and I walk 3 miles daily. I am in my 70's and look forward to maintaining my current life style for many more years. Thank you, SCIATICA INSTITUTE. Keep up the great work!
on March 14, 2014
I bought this set after 3 weeks of extraordinary pain in my hip and leg from the sciatica nerve. I'm 44 years old, a runner and had never experienced this kind of pain or for that duration. I was really getting concerned and didn't want to drag myself to bunch of doctors and have MRIs etc, mostly because I felt that it was going to cost of lot of money and time and not yield results. I have no problem going to doctor when I'm sick or have other ailments that I know are in wheelhouse.

The pain I had would subside for a day or two then come back with a vengeance. I couldn't ascertain if exercise or a particular type of exercise was aggravating it. When I received the discs the pain had been a bit better but I was still taking ibuprofen every day. The first week I was about the same and concerned that the exercises weren't going to work or maybe I was treating the wrong kind of sciatic nerve issue. The video walks you through figuring out what is causing your pain. But I continued doing the exercises and the following week was experiencing less shooting pains and now for the past week I haven't taken any ibuprofen. The nerve still causes a few issues but I'm back running and doing other types of exercise. I'm very glad that I spent the money on these discs instead of going to several doctors and maybe not getting to the route cause.

I'm starting the 3rd disc soon and hope to correct the imbalance that causes the pain. Good luck, I hope this helps.
on February 10, 2014
I was desperate and in a lot of pain. I was able to navigate through the CDs and find a section called "immediate relief". it offered some stretches that did in fact do that. and I was able to keep up the stretches until my pain finally was reduced more.

it gives a person the feeling of being able to control some of the symptoms and get back into "living". I am glad that I invested in the CDs rather than go to a pain specialist that I had scheduled.

the trick is to keep up the stretch routine and avoid stress. and you too can probably get your sciatica under control.
on August 27, 2014
I like this and it is working for me. Only criticism is there is too much talking ! The exercises are difficult (some of them) but even if I can't do them well, they still work! So far, I'm impressed! Haven't had sciatic pain since I've been doing the exercise. I would recommend this to others. Diane B.
on June 4, 2014
As soon as I received my DVD's, I began the exercises for immediate relief and it really worked. In just two days I no longer had to use a crutch to get around. I'm now just five days into the routine and I'm walking with far less pain. The pain in my hip is manageable to allow me to walk without any drugs. Yes, it is take it easy, but now I am mobile and will be in great shape in the months to come. This product will change your life for the better.
on November 25, 2014
Good quality and all that, but the exercises did not help me in the least. In fact, I felt more pain after a week or more doing them. I stopped, and my pain slowly went away on its own. I'm sure, however, that this set of DVDs can and will be useful to others. Like other medical approaches, one size does not always fit all.