Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2013
Great subject matter however, the cinematography was nothing special--probably the result of time constraints. Another season or additional cameramen working in various locations would have resulted in a better product. Still, you get a good dose of rearing and feeding the young owlets in a difficult environment along with some interesting behavior. No indication of how the immature owls make their way south or where they are destined for and whether or not they stay together. Also, do the young come back to the same general breeding area year after year or do they disperse widely, and if so how far from their original home range?

DVD quality is quite good upscaled in a blu-ray player. Not sure I'd recommend a more expensive blu-ray version if it should become available.
on January 9, 2013
I did buy this from Amazon and it was delivered promptly and in good condition.

And also I ordered this for my uncle, who had watched it on PBS, but he did let me watch it. I am not a Harry Potter fan so I really don't know much about his owl.

But this documentary is very well done, but a bit sad. The father owl really has to struggle to find food for his mate and thier owlets. And I will give a heads up...all of the baby owls don't make it. But the care that the mother owl shows for her brood is really amazing and touching. It is humorous how the mother owl fusses at the father owl when he is so slow in bringing food. And when the mother owl takes the babies out of the nest, the father owl is pretty clueless about his family's whereabouts for a moment or two. But he catches on after he walks around the empty nest for awhile.

My favorite part was when the young owls have to cross a small river. They can't fly yet so how they get across to thier waiting mother is pretty funny and (I have to say it again) amazing.

So if you like Harry Potter and want to know the real story behind his owl or just like Snowy Owls for themselves, then I recommend this DVD for you.
on April 23, 2016
Great video. Full of wonderful information about a snowy owl family in the arctic and their survival. Some sad parts about the death of the youngest owlet, so preview the video before showing to younger children.
on February 25, 2015
If you love Snowy Owls this is a sweet show you can watch many times. Kids and adults will like.

I got this for my husband before he went on an Snowy Owl photo tour and we watched it at least three times. When he went on the tour he knew a lot more about the Snowy Owl and that made seeing them in nature that much more interesting.
on September 7, 2013
It was a beautiful film of course. Anything by Nature is. However it did not teach much about the life and habits of this particular owl. I did learn just how northerly their habitat is and am left confounded. I live in South Florida and the only time I've seen a snowy was a dead 1 on the road here. Seems impossible if according to the narrative they don't come within thousands of miles of here but there is absolutely no other bird that looks anything like a fat snowy owl with it's spots and hooked beak! For the price I am glad to own this DVD.
on October 5, 2014
Great natural history of the Snowy Owl. Their life is not an easy one. Worth the price. Be sure to check out the Owl Research Institute (ORI) online for additional Snowy Owl natural history. Glad I bought this DVD.
on May 13, 2015
The bautifull, magic nature pictures together with the profound interesting informatie about the snow owl makes this video to a masterpiece so well as for the makers as for nature herself !
on March 13, 2016
Learned a lot and was amazed that the young snow white owl I saw and was about forty feet from up on Mt. Hood had to have been a young bird that had flown from way up Northern Alaska!
on June 6, 2015
Love this DVD about Owls. If you're an owl lover, You will enjoy the information in this DVD
on October 29, 2014
The story of a single family of owls trying to survive on the tundra of the north.