Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on June 21, 2011
Purchased in early June 2011 when there were no Amazon reviews.

Treated 31 dandelion weeds on June 12th, being very careful to use the zap as instructed. Even though the wand is long you have to bend over to examine each weed as you must attempt to locate the true center - your goal is to hit the root-head dead-on. Not so easy. I chose to leave the heat on each weed for ten seconds, instead of the recommended eight, just to be sure. Over all, a very slow process.

After one week, on June 19, only three weeds appear to be dead. All the other weeds show signs of being injured, but definitely not enough to kill them (there's still an average 80% green leaves on the weeds that survived treatment). Total percentage of successful kill: about 10%.

I also found the on-off toggle switch to be in the most problematic place: right where you apply hand pressure to the zap wand to hold it on a weed. I accidentally turned it off, and discovered the problem about weed #3. I then had to slide my hand down the handle to avoid pressing the toggle, which made my finger hit the finger stop, which began to hurt after only a few weeds. Poor design.

On the plus side, the instructions for use are located right on the zap wand housing, which is very convenient. In all fairness, too, it did kill a couple weeds completely.

For a yard that is already low on weeds, you might make good use of the Nature Zap. If your yard is over-run by weeds, though, the zap is like a painfully slow electrolysis device. And at that, with such a low kill rate, you have to factor in repeating treatment in hopes of killing the target weeds.

Finally, I can't image there is not a less expensive way to apply a hot poker to a weed (just a heated spear is all it is. No electric current to the weed; just heat). At $89 I just feel this was nowhere near a good buy.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2011
I own the NatureZap and use it for my gardens, not lawn. It works well in controlling the weeds within the mulch. Easy to use and the instructions are right there on the handle. You do have to be careful to position the "knife" into the weed. Other than that, it's a pretty good solution for those of us who don't wish to use chemicals
on October 26, 2011
I used the electric Nature Zap and tested 20 weeds within a confined area of my yard before I used it on other areas of my garden and lawn and the results were favorable. I was skeptical that simply "heat" and anything other than chemicals would permanantly destroy the root of dandelion weeds, however, of the 20 I tested, 10 were completely gone after a week and the rest were browning and showing signs of dying off. As a pet owner, I don't like to use harmful chemicals on the lawn and garden where my dogs like to play and rummage around and with the Nature Zap I can not only keep my lawn and garden free of unsightly weeds, I can also be free of worry about killing unintended plants in my garden and harming my dogs.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2011
The thought of using this and not chemicals to "zap" dandelions was very nice. However the final outcome was not obtained. The first thing I did not like about this tool was the location of the On/Off switch. It is extremely close to where you put your hand to push down the Zapper. I inadvertently switched off the zapper a number of times before I got a piece of electrical tape to keep it switched on. I followed directions and pushed down and twisted in trying to kill the weeds. I did a patch of lawn about 10 feet by 10 feet. Not one dandelion was killed in using the zapper. The only thing that it did do was make the plant not bloom, which in the long run will work. I would not recommend a buy on this.
on February 10, 2013
Does not kill the weeds. I even applied the heat for twice the amout of recommended time and it did not work. I think two weak weed slumped over for a day or two. Now I have even more weeds than before. Find another solution.
on October 27, 2011
I was hesitant to try the product after a failed attempt but was very happy with the results of this one. My lawn looks much better and I am not afraid to have my dogs run and play on the grass, as i was with other similar products. I would recommend this product to anyone with a lawn, it really made the difference!
on January 18, 2013
I think it works. The problem is that the weeds disappear over time so it's hard to tell if the effect was the heat. I continue to use it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2011
Tried this on several different types of weeds in the lawn and followed directions to the T but had absolutely no luck killing a single weed. This is expensive, time-consuming, and doomed to failure. Wouldn't recommend trying it, let alone buying it.
0Comment4 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2012
I bought this item for a friend of mine. She loves her lawn and garden, but struggles with weeds. She doesn't like using chemicals. Thanks to Nature Zap - I have finally found something she can use and didn't know existed. Thank you for giving me the best birthday gift for her.
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse