Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nature: Siberian Tiger Quest
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 18, 2012
I wish they would've showed more of Park's amazing footage of the Siberian tigers, with an offscreen narrator. But there's maybe 20 minutes of that great tiger footage and the rest is close ups of Chris Morgan (who thinks we should know who he is) in a documentary of Chris Morgan. Instead of the narration being about Park and the families of these rare tigers, we hear a lot Chris Morgan saying "I" and "me" in just about every sentence. Park has a right to be aggrieved if he sees this, because it was his years of solitude and danger in the Siberian wilderness that made it all possible, and then Chris Morgan pops up and makes it more of a story about Chris Morgan. In the end, there's even too much Park. This documentary is an hour long and like I said there is maybe 20 minutes of tiger footage.
on November 7, 2015
Excellent for all ages. Although I generally like nature shows that are exclusively animals, this one stood out as a rare find. The story is about a remarkable, tenacious man named Park who lived with the tigers for years. I had a different perspective on the host Chris Morgan than others. Rather than finding him to be a scene stealer, I found his boyish enthusiasm infectious Mixed with his scientific background, he was a perfect host to compliment Park. He was happy to play the role of the student as Park taught him about the way of the tigers. The tigers were spectacular, and the minimal footage of them created a desire and interest to see one; as if you were traveling alongside for the journey. What a thrill to actually see one of these amazing creatures! Park did a great service to tigers and those who love them by documenting their habits, playtime, and sadly, their demise at the hands of humans. Thanks for a great show!
on October 20, 2012
Despite the fact that indeed there is bit of camerawork devoted to the host, he has a job to do and he does it well. As I watch this show I am moved by the story of not only the tigers, but the man who brought them to us. His story and his sacrifices are incomprehensible by today's standards and I appreciate them. One quote I remember is that in the city "people are god, in nature, not so". (Loosely translated).
His insight into the love of nature, (even when it could kill him in one instance), and his amazing discipline, is so very rare these days. He is an inspiration to people of every age.
Sooyong Park is to be admired and supported as he understands the word "devotion" and the knowledge that comes from that. His insight on the human situation of solitude is not to be missed also. Well done.
on September 10, 2013
It is a fascinating film. Sad, beautiful, amazing. I would definitely recommend this film to others, especially those interested in preserving our beautiful wild creatures.
on November 7, 2013
This held the interest of a very active 10 yr. old boy who was eager to tell everyone about it.Got it for his birthday.
on January 19, 2016
I LOVE TIGERS SO ANY DVD ABOUT THEM TO ME IS GREAT. THIS WOULD NOT BE IN MY TOP TEN BECAUSE SO MUCH IS ABOUT THE QUEST TO FIND THE TIGER BUT STILL A GOOD VIEW.
on April 30, 2015