Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 25, 2010
I used one of these for two years and it broke from regular use. The joints that hold the chair's legs together are made out of plastic. They break quite easily. After they break the chair is no good and has to be thrown away. On the positive side it sets up quickly, is lightweight,is very comfortable, and is very cheap. If you don't mind throwing away your ice shanty every couple of years this is not a bad deal. I wanted to get something else this year such as the clam or frabill one man shelter, however all of the dealers are currently sold out in my area. So at 49.95 I'm going to get the disposable Pak Shack one more time to get me to next year. If I could recommend an improvement to this product, I would make the chair's joints out of metal.
on March 1, 2010
I've been ice fishing for years and always had a homemade shanty that was heavy. This shanty is lightweight and so easy to just flip over you while sitting in the chair and you are ready to fish. I am 6'1" 263 pounds (built not fat lol) and the extra wide chair fits and holds me just fine. It has enuff extra space inside for my 2 buckets and my underwater camera when i am fishing. It has a zipper on each side about 2 foot long so you can reach out and grab something if you got other things sitting next to you outside, or just to let some air in or out. The only way to get out of it is to flip it back over you. It folds down and packs back up in the carry bag that comes with it pretty easy. I put it in the trunk of my car when i am done fishing, don't take up much space at all. I've used the shanty 9 times now and so far so good. I would say for the price and the ease of how it sets-up, this is a nice compact shanty that does the job good.
on January 13, 2011
I purchased the Pak Shack as a gift for my Son-In-Law.
He is an avid fisherman and a couple of years ago, he injured his spinal cord and now has problems with his legs.He will never give up fishing, so he needed something lightweight that he would be able to carry on his back.
Since he wasn't able to get out ice fishing right away,he actually set it up in his house the first time.He is 6"4" and weighs well over 200 lbs and said there was plenty of room inside.He was surprised at how big the chair was,and also that it had a window.
He is very satisfied with the Pak Shack.
The price was reasonable and the shipping time frame was excellent.
The Pak Shack is a great buy!!!
on December 9, 2010
This is an excellent one man shelter! Very easy to use. Was great even in high winds. Plan on getting a lot of use out of this.
on January 12, 2013
I loved the shelter for the first (and only) time I got to use it. The legs and frame connectors are made from cheap, brittle plastic. Every one of them broke. I would love to find replacements, because it was great otherwise.
on December 21, 2012
If the wind is blowing (which it usually is when it's cold enough to need a shelter) this thing is terrible. Frame supports are super flimsy and the whole thing whips around, even hits you in the head.
on February 19, 2011
My husband bought this last winter and had used it only a couple of times before the arm broke. It seems the company who made the product has been purchased by someone else and there is no way to get any parts to fix it. I guess he will figure out something to repair it as he really likes the ease of use with this chair.
on January 15, 2011
The main chair broke after only using it for 4 hours. Does anyone have any contact info for the manufacturer? I can't find anything online...
on February 14, 2011
I just had hand surgery. Two weeks later i went fishing with a buddy. I was able work my pak shack with one hand.(alittle help from the bad one.)I also carried the pac on my back and pulled my sled with my good hand. Im also 6ft 3inches tall and weight 310lb.This one man shanty works great for big boys too.
on October 16, 2012
I got the Pak Shack three years ago as a present and going into my fourth year of use. I've used it on the lakes of Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin. It sets up fast, the chair is comfortable, and for one person can spend the entire day in it. You can strap it down to the back of an ATV or walk it out on your back. There is enough room for a Marcum, a Lil Buddy Heater on a bucket, and bait bucket with a radio on top of it. I've spent all day and into the night in it, keep in mind with a heater, it goes to Sauna Status pretty quick so keep that in mind when you dress for the day. On very windy days, I put the back of the shack into the wind, this helps with the bufetting and movement. I also will take the bucket that I put the heater on, on top of the front inner flap. High winds will cause the shack side to move in (not collapse, but fabric to push in a bit), this also happens in my brother's Frabill. After 3 years of use it has done a great job for me. No breaks, no rips. You can always put grommets into the outer slip to drill it into the ice, but I haven't needed it. There is plenty of room inside, the side pockets are great to hold snacks or a sammache, or whatever else, and the cup holders will fit a beverage with a koozie. The front window allows plenty of light, and viewing for tips ups (given the tip up isn't directly in front of it). The side zippers are heavy duty and allow plenty of ventillation. Yes, if you get up in very windy conditions, it will blow over, when I go out, I don't leave it up.

I gave this 4 out 5 on the basis that you can't hang a fan or light on it from the ceiling. It's not really a fault, as the design just doesn't make it possible, and it was never intended for one. If you are a person with common sense, and want to go ice fishing with a light weight, easy setup, this will work. It's sensible, roomy, and with a ventless heater, warm (even without). If you like ice fishing, but don't want to spend the big bucks on something, but want to get out of the wind, be comfortable, and even fall asleep, this shack will work great for you.

See 1 answered question