4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, Easy To Use Shanty
Published on March 1, 2010 by Good Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Need to be built stronger.
Published on January 25, 2010 by J. Pearson

3.0 out of 5 stars Need to be built stronger., January 25, 2010
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
I used one of these for two years and it broke from regular use. The joints that hold the chair's legs together are made out of plastic. They break quite easily. After they break the chair is no good and has to be thrown away. On the positive side it sets up quickly, is lightweight,is very comfortable, and is very cheap. If you don't mind throwing away your ice shanty every couple of years this is not a bad deal. I wanted to get something else this year such as the clam or frabill one man shelter, however all of the dealers are currently sold out in my area. So at 49.95 I'm going to get the disposable Pak Shack one more time to get me to next year. If I could recommend an improvement to this product, I would make the chair's joints out of metal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, Easy To Use Shanty, March 1, 2010
Good Guy (Northwest Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
I've been ice fishing for years and always had a homemade shanty that was heavy. This shanty is lightweight and so easy to just flip over you while sitting in the chair and you are ready to fish. I am 6'1" 263 pounds (built not fat lol) and the extra wide chair fits and holds me just fine. It has enuff extra space inside for my 2 buckets and my underwater camera when i am fishing. It has a zipper on each side about 2 foot long so you can reach out and grab something if you got other things sitting next to you outside, or just to let some air in or out. The only way to get out of it is to flip it back over you. It folds down and packs back up in the carry bag that comes with it pretty easy. I put it in the trunk of my car when i am done fishing, don't take up much space at all. I've used the shanty 9 times now and so far so good. I would say for the price and the ease of how it sets-up, this is a nice compact shanty that does the job good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
This is an excellent one man shelter! Very easy to use. Was great even in high winds. Plan on getting a lot of use out of this.

4.0 out of 5 stars a little disappointed, February 17, 2010
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
we like the compact size to transport, the convience of setting it up, and the light weight of this , the only improvement would be to have a zipper in it so it could be used for not only a shelter but a wind break, which we thought it had by the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased as a gift through Amazon, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
I purchased the Pak Shack as a gift for my Son-In-Law.
He is an avid fisherman and a couple of years ago, he injured his spinal cord and now has problems with his legs.He will never give up fishing, so he needed something lightweight that he would be able to carry on his back.
Since he wasn't able to get out ice fishing right away,he actually set it up in his house the first time.He is 6"4" and weighs well over 200 lbs and said there was plenty of room inside.He was surprised at how big the chair was,and also that it had a window.
He is very satisfied with the Pak Shack.
The price was reasonable and the shipping time frame was excellent.
The Pak Shack is a great buy!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs improvment, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
Needs heavy duty bolts instead of screws on the arms to hold up the frame. The back and forth motion makes the screws loosen and also can loosen & get bent with lots of wind vibration. The chair frame developes wear holes. Back holes on seat frame stretch and can tear with heavier people. Could use better reinforced fabric along outer edge and around holes. Metal grommets covered in fabric might be solidier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for panfishing, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
This is our second season with the Pak Shack 3. My son and I use it. It sets up easy, stays in place with a little help from my flasher and buckets and does what we want it to do. I would have given it a 5 but it has one drawback. Which is, it is hard to get in and out of if you have tip ups set. You either have to crawl out the small zippered openining on the side or completely pull the cover back, which lets out all of your heat. If you just panfish and stay in one spot this is the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 4 hours..., January 15, 2011
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
The main chair broke after only using it for 4 hours. Does anyone have any contact info for the manufacturer? I can't find anything online...

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea that failed miserably, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
If all you ever do is set it up in the garage to see what a neat idea it is you'll be fine. If you actually plan on going out on the ice and use it..... take lots of warm clothing along as well because the unit is most likely to fail and leave you out in the cold. The chair is total junk! Plastic joints holding the legs will not stand up to the cold and once broken, cannot be fixed. Save your money and take a blanket with you instead. I gave it one star because I couldn't give it (0).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for First Ice, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Nature Vision Pak Shack 1-man Shelter with Chair (Misc.)
Excellent for first ice conditions for when it's warm out and little wind. However I do not recommend using it in windy conditions.

Rate and Discover Movies