Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: Twin (360 coil)|Change

on September 30, 2013
We love this mattress. I was very worried about buying a mattress for my 2 year old because in the past when I've bought traditional mattresses, the off-gassing took months (that was before I knew better about the horrible chemicals in mattresses). My son had a Naturepedic crib mattress and the transition to the Naturepedic twin mattress was a good choice.

When the mattress was delivered we set it up in his room and he was able to use it that very night. No off-gassing horrible chemicals, no bad smells. What a relief! I'm very sensitive to chemical smells so I was happy to not have to deal with that here.

We started off on the firm side of the mattress for my 2 year old, but it was very hard. He's been sleeping on the firm side for 1 month, but he keeps waking up at night. We also found that he was trying to put his entire body on his pillow, so we thought he would prefer a softer feel. A few days ago we flipped it over to the quilted side and that feels much better.

We still need to get a waterproof pad for it, since the quilted side is not waterproof and he's not yet potty-trained. I would not hesitate to purchase this mattress again. It was very expensive, but if he uses it for 10 years, that's only $75/year. Well worth the peace of mind.
on June 5, 2011
Few people realize the dangerous chemicals in traditional mattresses. It may see like a huge expense to spring for the organic mattress, but it's well worth it knowing that your child is not inhaling toxins while s/he sleeps. As far as organic mattresses go, this one is extremely comfortable. The vendor, "Elephant Ears" I think it was called was excellent and offered free shipping, which saved me $150. This was a very good buy. My baby sleeps like a baby in it.
on June 6, 2012
I was slightly worried about ordering this mattress after reading a couple of reviews stating it was rock hard. I went ahead and ordered it anyway because my daughter has chemical sensitivities, and this was the least expensive, safest option I could find for her. I am happy to report that this mattress, while firm, is indeed comfortable enough- I actually fell asleep while laying with my daughter at bedtime and had a very restful night. My back and hips also felt great when I woke. My daughter slept like a rock and didn't stir until morning.

I also noticed that, while I am usually a mouth breather when I sleep, it was very easy for me to breathe through my nose last night. This could be due to the newness of the mattress and the absence of dust mites, but I think the lack of chemicals is probably a contributing factor (I usually start sneezing whenever I walk into a store that sells new furniture because of the off-gassing chemicals). My daughter's nose seemed to stay clear as well.

This was a big expenditure for us, but I'm glad we did it because now we have peace of mind that our little girl has a healthy place to sleep until she reaches adulthood. When we can afford it, I'd love to get a Naturepedic for the master bedroom as well.
on March 11, 2015
12/13/2015 Update:
After receiving an email from Naturepedic that the mattress I purchased was defective, I ordered a new one. We've had the mattress for about five months now. No issues with lumpiness. However, I feel like the outer trim of the mattress is starting to loose it's shape/looking bent. I don't believe this is normal wear-and-tear because I've never had this issue with my other mattress. =(

I was excited to purchase this matress for my toddler as her new big girl bed; however, I was disappointed with the product for a few reasons:
1) I grew up sleeping on very firm mattresses. I prefer them and enjoy them. Although firm, something about this mattress made it quite uncomfortable. It's just too firm.
2) The discomfort of the firm mattress could be that it feels lumpy. It seems like individual springs can be felt while laying on the bed and shifting positions.
3) The waterproof side of the matress seemed loud. The cover was not taught, so when I moved my arms across it, it was as if I was laying on vinyl plastic that can be heard when moving.

I purchased a NP crib mattress and had no problems with its quality; however, the twin mattress was a big disappointment. If you have a recommendation for a quality organic mattress, please share.
on April 7, 2014
My 13 year old wanted a really firm mattress, so we bought him this one. He even wanted the firmer side up. That lasted a day. So we flipped it to the "less firm" side, which was still way too hard. The two sides are board v. Heavy blanket on board. We wound up buying him a 3" featherbed. I still find it too hard, but he likes it now, though, and finds it just right. The featherbed made all the difference.
on August 29, 2015
I usually don't like to leave a review for any product but this Naturepedic Organic twin mattress has made an exception due to my disappointment to this trusted brand. I am always a fan of any organic product especially come to mattress. I have purchased the similar Naturepedic dual crib mattress for my daughter 3 years back and was very happy and satisfied with the mattress. The mattress was steady and well made, no off gassing smell and firm for baby as described. Therefore, while I was deciding between Naturepedic toddler twin mattress vs Essentia organic memory foam mattress. I have decided again to pick Naturepedic brand. Right when the mattress was opened from the box, I feel that it is so cheaply made and not as 'steady' as I would like it to be. The mattress itself is so flimsy for a kid to sleep on with poor support. I can literally feel the coil spring when I lay on the mattress and I am not over 120 pounds. The waterproof side of the mattress is slightly firmer but making weird cracking sound each time you turn. Overall, I feel that Naturepedic might have lower their standard. I would not recommend this mattress.
on November 6, 2014
I really wanted to love this mattress. Organic was a priority for me and when reading the reviews it seemed perfect.
Unfortunately, the mattress I received is hollow. There is absolutely no support in the middle of this mattress and if an adult was to lay on it, it caves dramatically in the center.

I have no idea if my particular mattress is defective but I am definitely disappointed in the product.
on August 8, 2013
It is not the most comfortable mattress, honestly you'll need a topper (there goes another $200 if you want it toxic free...) to be okay for an adult. But my daughter seems to sleep on in fine. And it makes me feel better when she sleeps face down most of the night. Do your research. This one is worth saving your pennies for if you want a truly toxin free night sleep for your LO.
on May 24, 2016
I was nervous when I purchased this mattress because many reviews say it is too firm. Is it firm? Yes. Uncomfortable? No. My son went from a conventional plastic-y crib mattress to this mattress. This one is considerably softer and more comfortable. I lay with him at night as he falls asleep, and I am not uncomfortable on the mattress. I have had no complaints. In fact, we are thinking of buying one for each of our other children.

This is a great mattress and is one of the most affordable non-toxic mattresses available. It is firm but not uncomfortable. I highly recommend!
on January 22, 2016
Switching to this mattress stopped an allergic reaction I was having to my memory foam mattress (all the chemicals!). So in that respect, 5 stars. But this mattress is very hard, so I had to buy a latex mattress topper to be able to sleep on it.