Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 220 Counts|Change

on August 10, 2011
Pros: Trusted brand
Good price, especially with subscribe and save
Contains Vitamin D, essential for calcium absorption
Dosage given is for 2 softgels, so it can be split

Cons: THESE ARE HORSE PILLS! They are softgels, but if you have
problems swallowing pills like I have, you may want to look
elsewhere.
Be aware that the recommended daily allowance for vitamin D
is 600 IUs and the upper limited recommended for daily calcium
is 2000 mg. Again, the dose on this selection can be halved, which
makes it a relatively flexible option.
33 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2015
I wish there was an easier way to take calcium that was economical. This is the best that I have found so far for both value and ease of swallowing. My physician recommended that I take 1000mg do calcium/day, but said that 1200 mg was also good. Two gel caps of this product take care of my daily requirements for both calcium and vitamin D. That's so much better that the three caplets of calcium plus two gel caps of vitamin d that I was taking before. Yes, these are huge pills, but they go down easier that smaller caplets. I also like the easy to dispense cap and the fact that you can arrange to have them sent to you on a regular basis. The cost is the best I have found so far shopping locally and on-line. These only get a 4 instead of a 5 from me because the pills are so big, but check out my video to see how big they are.
on February 28, 2013
First, I'm a serious wimp/wuss with taking large pills. That being said, because these are geltabs/softgels they are considerably easier to swallow than other calcium pills I've taken before. One thing I would recommend when taking ANY large pills: to reduce your "gag reflex", always chew & swallow some food right before taking large pills. It doesn't need to be a meal...just a cracker or some grapes, for instance. Just a little something. Then, take the calcium pill (take 1 pill twice daily) right after you've swallowed some food and it will go down fine. Note: simply drinking some liquid usually doesn't help...at least it doesn't help me. :o)

Second, in regard to Calcium Carbonate vs Calcium Citrate: another reviewer complained that these Nature's Bounty Calcium 1200 mg plus Vitamin D3 are calcium carbonate. In my pre-purchase research I verified what I had already heard before,"...Calcium supplements contain varying amounts of elemental calcium. For example, calcium carbonate is 40% calcium by weight, whereas calcium citrate is 21% calcium..." (ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-HealthProfessional/)...(copy & paste the text in the ( ) to go to the government site)... this is the reason I went with this supplement - more elemental calcium...and you shouldn't take more than 500-600 mg at one time because your body can't utilize more than that at one time, thus, you would take 1 tablet twice daily of this supplement, based on the research.

However, if you're a person who experiences gastrointestinal side effects including gas, bloating, constipation, or a combination of these symptoms when taking supplements, especially Calcium Carbonate-then Calcium Citrate would likely be a better choice for you (this info is at the same link I show above).

I haven't had any gastrointestinal challenges with this supplement, but I'm not one to drink much liquid when eating, which can greatly reduce digestive stomach acids, so I don't usually experience intestinal issues in general.
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2014
As a woman, it is important to get a good supplement of calcium for your bones and overall
health. I take these for my bones and joints and I also use  for my joints but also heart health. There are great advantages to getting a solid supplement of calcium for women and that is why I turned to taking these. Alongside a good multi-vitamin, I would recommend  supplements that can also be bought right here on Amazon.
on March 28, 2013
I have osteoporosis and cannot take Fosomax and the other bifosomates, so I have to take mega calcium. The liqui-gels are the fastest to digest and absorb into my system, and they digest completely without leaving a residue and undissolved chunks in the stomach. You get the total benefit of the calcium. The gels are the only kind I buy.
on June 12, 2013
I take it for osteoporosis hoping it will keep me from having a fracture. I have never had a broken bone and at 81 years of age, hope I never do.
on December 17, 2012
You can't beat the price/quantity of this bottle! And for those of you who need to take the calcium/D supplement-always remember a liquid pill is by far better then a pressed one=you'll absorb it much better!
on February 20, 2015
I can't judge its performance yet. As I've only been taking them for a week or less. I will however say that these pills are HUGE. I think comparing this ones form the flex something ones, these win. They are painful to swallow. At least for myself. There is no other way around them because they're gel. If they were solids, you could break them. But not these babies. Remember why you bought them, and you'll end up taking them regardless as well.
review image review image
on April 20, 2016
This is one of my daily supplements and they help so much! I have osteopenia in my back....along with a back injury. I also have arthritis in my knees, and bursitis in my hips. I've been taking these for a few months and love how much they help me. My doctor is really liking how my blood counts have changed. I was put on Calcium and vitamin D a couple years ago, and last year I was put on D3 to get my vitamin D up because it was way too low. So, I loved finding this Calcium with D3.

I have always had good results with the Nature's Bounty brand. I like the way they are shaped and they are very easy to swallow. I have a hard time taking pills, so this was a very happy discovery. I've already re-ordered and will continue to do so.
on January 24, 2015
This was a great find that not only is providing the calcium supplement that I need, but also the 1,000 units of vitamin D. I'm saving money by buying this product because I was previously buying 1K units of vitamin D separately and taking it with calcium to help the absorption. It's like getting 2 for the price of 1.