5.0 out of 5 stars No fish taste, fairly high in Omega 3's
Published on January 11, 2011 by M. Zaleski

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Odor
Very bad odor. Had to throw container of 200 softgels in the in the trash. Strong smell of rotting fish when removing cap from container. Softgels stuck together in a clump.
Published on October 15, 2011 by R. mennes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No fish taste, fairly high in Omega 3's, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Nature's Bounty Fish Oil 1200mg, 100 Softgels (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
There are competitor products with higher ratios of omega 3's (omega 3's being the whole reason you are taking them). However among reasonably priced fish oil this at the upper end, with 360mg in a 1200 mg capsule. In over a year of taking these pills, I've never had a "fishy" taste, even when one of the capsules broke in shipping and left oil throughout the bottle.

I recommend storing your extra bottles in the refrigerator. That will slow the rate of the oil turning rancid.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent product that's quite all right by me !!!, July 7, 2011
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
My doctor recommended that I take fish oil daily to adjust and control my out-of-whack HDL and LDL cholesterol levels; and so far this product is doing an excellent job of helping me with that. I particularly like the fact that Nature's Bounty has purified these softgels to eliminate any mercury from them; if you're going to take fish oil every day it had better be free of mercury.

Two things to note: first, although Natures' Bounty advertises clearly on the bottle's label that this has 1,000mg in every softgel, the pills don't actually contain more than 350mg of Omega-3 fatty acid. This may still be OK for you--ask your doctor if you're unsure about this. Second, you should also ask your doctor if taking this product will help you specifically based on your own health and your health needs; I would imagine that this may work wonders for some people and be unnecessary or even unhelpful for others. There are, for example, some people who don't tolerate fish oil very well.

I highly recommend this product. It has helped me with my cholesterol levels and it has helped a great many other people normalize their cholesterol levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish oil without the fish breath, March 31, 2014
The package is very convenient simply because its everything that I wanted in a product.

Since there are 3 bottles, I can leave one at work, one at home, and one in a bag if I travel.

The purified aspect of the product is good. I used to buy fish oil that was not purified and would have a bad fish aftertaste. You don't get any of that with these pills.

The only con I can think of is that the pills are very big, but they are 1200mg so that is expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY:, October 23, 2013
Nature's Bounty Fish Oil is easily taken in the softgel form.
It doesn't leave a fishy taste and is easily digested.

5.0 out of 5 stars No fish taste, August 20, 2013
What can I say about a fish oil supplement that will help other buyers? These capsules don't have a taste!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine, March 10, 2014
Very Good price. However, I'm not sure I'll buy fish oil again since I don't notice any effects from consistent use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowered triglycerides, December 9, 2013
I am satisfied with this product since it seems to have lowered my husband's triglycerides, and the three pack is a good deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 29, 2013
J.J. (Alaska, United States) - See all my reviews
I've tried several different brands of fish oil capsules, but encountered a problem with all of them: whenever I burped in the hours following the swallowing of the capsules, I'd experience a horrible flavor of, well, fish oil! I purchased the Nature's Bounty capsules when they were on sale at a local store, and was pleasantly surprised that although I could taste the oil, it was extremely faint- not gross at all, and easily masked with simply a swig of water. I've been using their product exclusively ever since and have been very pleased with the results.

The only reason I didn't give this product 5 stars is because the capsules are quite large. I'd personally prefer the capsules be slightly smaller and just have to take two per day, but I'm so relieved at the virtual lack of after-taste/odor, I happily swallow the unusually large capsules.

5.0 out of 5 stars best fish oil ever, January 13, 2012
i got this for my husband cause he saw it on dr.oz show. well dr.oz said that it's the fish oil you should buy cause it's nature's bounty. the gels are easy to swallow kinda big but they go down easy. I liked these cause you can get a four month supple for one and you can subscribe and have them delivered on your time. They do come in a three pack with each bottle having 120 soft gels which is a four month supple (3 pills aday). bottle is easy to open and it has a little flip lid that is easy to open with one hand and the pills come out with easy. My husband swears by these if you want heart health this is your product. it has omega 3 & omega 6. there is no fishy smell or after taste at all. i know with some fish soft gels you get that fishy smell or a fishy after taste or fishy breathe but with Nature's Bounty fish oil there is no fishy anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product., April 27, 2014
No "fishy" taste to it, and does not give me upset stomach. Good price when bought in three pack size.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Nature's Bounty Fish Oil 1200mg, 100 Softgels (Pack of 3)
$25.77 $18.51