5.0 out of 5 stars seems to be doing its job already
I was losing some hair and my nails were very brittle. I had used the pill form the last time I used this product
and it was great with my hair and nails, I thought I was have these on the table and easy to pop in the mouth on the
way out the door. Taste good also.
Published 7 months ago by Marilyn M. Daron

Published 3 months ago by Lifelong Learning

5.0 out of 5 stars seems to be doing its job already, December 3, 2013
This review is from: Natures Bounty Optimal Solutions Hair, Skin and Nails Gummies, 80 Count (Health and Beauty)
way out the door. Taste good also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gummies for the nails, January 25, 2014
I have been taking the caplets of Nature's Bounty for hair, skin and nails for about 6 months now. It has helped with thinning hair spots and even though I really never have had skin problems, amazingly enough 2 people have told me in the past few months what nice skin I have.
But the main reason I started taking these supplements were my nails. I had hard nails all my life and suddenly as I have aged they break and split. This has solved that problem, even to the extent that at a party a friend asked where I got my nails done, because they didn't think they were natural.

I really like gummies and when I saw that gummies were being offered I decided to try them. Truthfully I usually get these when my local store has a 2 for 1 sale and sometimes even a coupon too. The regular price of the gummies is about twice as much as the caplets because the dose for the caplets is 3 a day equaling 5,000 mcg of biotin. The gummies say take 2 gummies, 1 or 2 times a day. Two gummies equals 2,500 mcg of biotin, which seems to be the ingredient that works. You would need 4 gummies to equal 3 caplets of the biotin dosage. The gummies have 80 in a jar and only vitamins C and E as compared to A, D and B in addition in the caplet form. There are also 15 calories in 2 gummies. They taste okay - a bit powdery somehow in flavor and they are not very visually appealing.
You need to decide if they are worth the price - but just don't be fooled by the instructions and think that 2 gummies will equal 3 caplets in biotin.

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy gummy, March 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are delicious supplements. Nice big bottle with a serving size of 2. I love gummy supplements and these are some of the best tasting I've tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These vitamins helped my nails become stronger. They also helped my hair become shinier and thicker. My skin also looked better and I needed less make-up. They best part of all is that the vitamins are gummies! They are delicious. No after taste like the tablet version. If you want better hair, skin and nails this is the product you need!

5.0 out of 5 stars yasss, May 11, 2014
1) They're hair, skin. & nails GUMMIES- best creation EVER
2) I started taking them while wearing my hair in a protective style for about two months. I took my hair down today and I loveeee what I see. My hair looks healthy and it grew a lot! They helped my nails grow long and they're strong too.
3) I didn't see much results with my skin. However, I just wanted them for my hair so I don't care. I highly recommend them and these are cheaper than hairfinity.
SN: I didn't eat healthy or drink a lot of water and still got desirable results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably not the most optimal supplement; probably better alternative sources for same nutrients, but is not a "bad" product, April 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So, while I don’t personally notice any [head] hair growth on my own head, others do – even if it is just a month’s time. NOBODY commented on my hair during the month-ish time during which I used this product. In fact, I didn’t really notice ANY kind of grown – hair or nails – and my skin did NOT show any signs of being healthier. While I know there will be no black/white differences while using a vitamin product such as this one, and especially since I worked to maintain the same diet, one SHOULD be able to detect something within 30 days. Sadly, as far as I’m aware, this product yielded no effect. The only POTENTIAL effect it might have yielded was that my leg hairs seemed longer than normal…but this could be due to how long it had been since I had shaved – it’s hard to say. :/

Either I missed it in the details/description, or I forgot to look for it, but I really don’t appreciate how the VERY first ingredient is corn syrup, i.e. sugar. While I am not severely allergic to corn, I am finding that, as a whole, I am becoming more and more sensitive to corn products/byproducts, corn syrup being one of them. Since the amount I had to consume was so little, as compared to consuming larger portions/food items that contain corn syrup, I wasn’t strongly/adversely affected by it, but it didn’t help me feel better. Granted, high-fructose corn syrup is what everyone SHOULD avoid, and corn syrup is different than that of the additive previously mentioned, but it still isn’t the best for the human body; though, my guess is that is what is used to make it taste/try to make it taste good.

Speaking of taste, it wasn’t anything to write home about. The texture was fine – not overly gummy or sticky-chewy, but just enough gummy-chewy mix – but the taste was a bit bothersome. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t a BAD taste, just a….almost a kind of artificial taste, and to be honest, I don’t like artificial tasting flavours, ESPECIALLY when it comes to fruit. ☹ To top it off, the gummies, not overly small or overly big in size, tasted grainy. Like, at times, I almost felt like there was a kind of “gummy sand” that was within the center of the gummies themselves. I don’t remember a “crunch” of that sandy texture – such as that you would get if you want to the beach and ate your lunch that sand had blown in, and there was that sandy “crunch” – but it still felt like there was some kind of….solid powder-particles that were within the gummies’ center.

I wouldn’t recommend it, per se, but I wouldn’t actively/vehemently speak out against it. To me, it’s just okay. It didn’t seem to work/have any effect on me, but it could be that I just needed to try it for longer for more noticeable results. Will I continue to use it? No, and this only because of the corn syrup and overall sugar content. I really don’t need to add ONE MORE item containing higher levels of sugar into my diet.

Oh, and before I forget, the manufacturers suggest taking it with a meal. I agree. There was only ONE time that I didn’t take them with a meal, I took them before I was planning on eating a meal, and I didn’t get SICK… just didn’t feel well. Overall, my body was just feeling tired and sickly. Now: this could be because of how my day went, what I ate earlier that day, the fact that I was mentally & physically exhausted….but I have a feeling NOT eating and taking the gummies was the main contributing factor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy and good for you!, May 30, 2014
These are great! Works for hair, nails, and skin. Like anything, you have to give it some time to work but you do notice the difference especially with hair and nails. My eyelashes have gotten longer, too. I didn't really notice until I read some of the comments but my nails used to be very brittle and split and now they don't. I love this product and will continue to use it. The gummies taste great and they're not sour. For me, that's a plus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Supplements specific for the problems they treat., April 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had been using Nature’s Bounty’s Hair, Skin, and Nails for a while now. The formulation I used in pill form was more of a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement and it includes 5,000 mg of Biotin. I stopped taking it for three reasons:

1st It contains iron and I have a bit of a problem when I take that every day, even in small amounts.
2nd. I tested low for Vitamin B12 and I realized that this formulation had Vitamin C along with B12 and, when taken together, Vitamin C cancels out B12.
3rd The form of calcium it contained (calcium carbonate) tends to cause gas. Until I read that somewhere, I couldn’t figure out why I was having a problem. (I’ve switched to calcium citrate and, presto, no more problem!)

I’m sorry to lose the convenience of taking just one pill and assuming that I’ve taken everything I need for the day. The product had been working for me as far as hair and nails are concerned. My hair is growing back and my nails have never been better. After taking prednisone in high doses, my hair started falling out in clumps, my nails would crack and break off, and my skin got so dry and thin that I bleed and bruise easily. The product has worked very, very well for the hair and nail part of the problem, I think my skin is pretty much shot and nothing (either oral or applied) seems to make much difference in my case. It would probably be effective in a younger person whose problem wasn’t due to old age and a lot of medication.

The gummy is a ‘light’ version of the original pill I took and, since the brand worked so well for me, I decided to stick with it to maintain the ground I’ve gained in hair and nails. The gummy formulation only contains 2,500 mg of biotin. Besides the biotin, which is specifically for hair and nails, the only vitamins it contains are vitamin C (25%) and vitamin E (50%) which are the nutrients that address the needs of skin (at least normal skin).

I like that it targets, specifically, the three things it’s supposed to treat: hair, skin, and nails, nothing else, and it does so in reasonable amounts. I’m not taking vitamins or minerals I don’t need and I can control what, how much, and when I take any additional supplements. A much better and safer strategy than taking everything together.

The gummy tastes fine. It has an undefined but pleasant fruity taste that is supposed to be strawberry. The daily dosage is two gummies, so this jar will last for 40 days. It states that it doesn’t contain artificial flavors, milk, soy, gluten, wheat, yeast, fish, or salt. It does contain 2 grams of sugar. It’s convenient to have a supplement that you can take with you and don’t need to have a glass of water to take; you just take it like candy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hopeful & Waiting, July 23, 2014
I havent really noticed a difference yet. For someone that doesnt like taking pills this was a great alternative for me personally. My hair is currently in braids at the moment so its hard to tell if theres any new growth. Im taking them down soo so I guess I'll see the result when I do. From the other reviews though Im really anxious to see the results!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014