5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, Great Coir
Published on April 11, 2012 by John Turcow

3.0 out of 5 stars Way Overpriced
Coir is great stuff for the garden / potting transplants, but found out the hard way this product is way overpriced. Same organic 5kg block at a local nursery store has it for $13.00, not the $22.47 I paid. Once I discovered the price, found out I could not return the one block as the return time window had expired.

Do not pay more than $13-15 dollars for...
Published 19 months ago by Kidblast

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, Great Coir, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
I ordered these for mixing with manure for the garden. About 75 pounds of cow manure (patties from a friend's farm), a brick of this coir, and water to fill a 35 gallon plastic garbage can = perfect. This coir is highly fibrous, expands well, and really holds up over time. I haven't found a cheaper supplier. Oh, I do have a worm farm and this is also great to mix in with the veggie scraps before feeding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for more from my coir!, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
This was some of the cheapest coir I could find and decided to give it a try. It has performed up to my standards and would recommend it to anyone looking for coir.
I use it in my worm bin and it does a great job holding extra moisture when I feed them foods that are too watery and conversely holds plenty of water that I don't have to worry about them drying out to fast. This is a great, fluffy coconut coir that I'm very happy with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Coir at great price, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
The coir brick arrived in a few days and it was good quality. This is the best price per lb. of any coir I could find on-line. I will order from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I <3 Worm Factory Coir, March 26, 2012
Amazon Customer "mommacass" (Palmyra, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
Worm Factory coir is the best coir I have ever used and my favorite growing medium, worm bedding, and soil improver. These big bricks are fantastic for big projects. It does take longer for the big brick to fluff up, but it's great stuff once it's fluffed. I mix this coir with compost (2 parts fluffed coir, 1 part compost) for my growing beds and potted plants. This stuff is fantastic. Use it for whatever you use peat moss for. Coir is a sustainable, environmentally friendly product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...Perfectly Amazing, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
I've used a lot of products, but this one by far has been the most exciting for me. The block of coco coir clunked as it hit the bottom of my wheelbarrow. Its surface was light and tan, but as the water from my hose sprayer hit it...it seemed to come alive...taking in a slow, deep breath. It expanded and expanded...and then expanded some more. I got SO MUCH out of just my first brick! I can't wait to get even more! It is so perfect for my seed starting...I can almost taste harvest time after treating my plants to such organic goodness!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
this stuff is awesome. i've been using it for a couple of years now for indoor gardening and it's an outstanding medium. it is also reusable which is very cool

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., March 9, 2013
John (KILL DEVIL HILLS, New Caledonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
You may want to rinse this product - I think there is some yellowing from salts in my seedlings. Otherwise good.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome product!, July 13, 2013
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
We bought this product for our worm bedding and it's perfect. It does not stink, it does not mush out and the worms are very happy living in it. After only a month we now have excellent castings. We recommend this for anyone raising composting worms.

3.0 out of 5 stars Way Overpriced, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)

Do not pay more than $13-15 dollars for this - even organic.

Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great option, June 13, 2013
Mel (Burlington, VT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg (Lawn & Patio)
I bought this after learning that Peat Moss is really a 'fossil fuel' (it's actually burned for heat in much of the world) and Coir (pronounced core) is a renewable resource.

I was happy to see a solid brick delivered right away (though without any labeling). When I brought it home and tossed it in a tub and poured water over it - it just bobbed up. A return a few hours later and it had soaked up all the water and nearly doubled in size. More water and a return the next day and it had grown even more. I repeated this process until just a small amount of water wasn't absorbed and the mass of Coir appeared to have expanded at least 4X larger than when it arrived.

I've mixed it with the topsoil, compost, Perlite and Vermiculite and planted everything in it. It seems to be doing a good job, along with the other materials, of preventing the soil mixture from compacting into the containers. We've had significant rain since I've planted, but the mixture doesn't seem to be soggy - so I think I hit the balance of materials pretty well with this.

Long term - I'm unsure, but no sign of any saltiness issues I've heard of 'low quality' Coir. The only slightly negative were a few large lumps that had to be soaked separately and about a handful of large bits that missed the shredder that I added to my compost pile. Not bad for 11 pounds worth!

Nature's Footprint Coir Block, 5kg