Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Size: 60|Change

on March 10, 2011
As many others who have purchased this, I use this in combination with Alpha Lipoic Acid, Garlicin, and a Green Tea Extract capsule, as suggested by Tim Ferris in The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman. Great book by the way!

With these supplements, I've been able to drop 20 lbs in 2 months. I seem to lose more weight when I'm on these supplements than when I'm not. Clearly, this isn't a scientific study and I have no real, measured data to back this up...Just my observations.
on May 3, 2009
We were playing around at work with policosanol and I found this one and tried it. After 4 months of taking Nature's Life policosanol with 50mg of CoQ10 (AT NIGHT because that is when your body generates cholesterol), I brought my HDL's up from the upper 20's to upper 50's (HDL's are the good cholesterol, you don't want them to decrease).

Gave my husband this too along with the CoQ10 and it lowered his LDL's but didn't have much of an effect on his HDL's (but his were already in the 50's). LDL's are the bad cholesterol and you want them to be low.

Then got my mother in law to take this and she brought her total cholesterol down from the 300's to the 200's (over almost a year but she was also taking red rice yeast). She still refuses to go on statin therapy!

Just recently tried it on my father and after 4 months with CoQ10, brought his HDL's up from upper 30's to low 60's. His cardiologist was amazed and actually recommended it to one patient who refused statin therapy. May not work for all but it sure has worked for my family.

Now you may say it was the CoQ10 but I was on CoQ10 when my HDL's were low and it didn't help bring my HDL's up any until I started taking policosanol too.
44 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2010
I can not take cholesterol lowering medications so I tried Policosanol 23mg. It worked a little but when I told my doctor what I was doing he suggested taking Red Yeast Rice 1200mg along with it. In one month my cholesterol was in the normal range and so was my triglycerides.
on November 9, 2012
We have used this product for about 3 months now. Truthfully we didn't have our cholesterol checked before but we have a lot more energy and my husbands gout in his feet has been almost not existent. That in itself is a huge relief.
on November 1, 2012
This product has substantially lowered my cholesterol. I heard about policosanol after trying the statin drugs, which I could not take., and I am very pleased with this product. No side effects whatsoever.
on October 16, 2013
This product has not helped my friend who had taken it for 9 months nor did it help me at all after 6 months. would not recommend to anyone with genetically high cholesterol. Perhaps it may help someone w/a slightly high count. My belief is that cholesterol is not a life threatening condition. I am extremely healthy, great weight, excercize regularly and all doctors say I am extremely healthy and they are not concerned either about my cholesterol. However, I say "To each His/Her Own".
on September 11, 2013
I don't do pharmaceuticals and so I do a lot of supplements which helps me without side effects. Because I take so many supplements, I love the mini size. This, along with Ubiquinol, Red Yeast Rice, and flush free Niacin are recommended to cut cholesterol the natural way and I'm all for that.
on March 31, 2014
This little pill, one time a day before bed, significantly lowered my husbands cholesterol. He has family history of heart problems, and we try to follow a more healthy diet as well. But, using Policosanol has been a great help. I would recommend trying it before a more costly and dangerous statin.
on July 27, 2013
Better price on this than I can get in the local health food store and they are made in the USA. Whether they will work to lower my cholesterol we will have to see as time goes. I will review again in 6-9 months after taking them regularly.
on January 5, 2014
I've been using Policosanol well over a year now. You take Policosanol along with CoQ10 and 1 tab of Red Yeast & Rice. It lowered my cholesterol from 280 to 240 in 6 months, but haven't check it lately. I am certain it is even lower. I always buy it here in Amazon as it's the best price. I noticed it makes me sleep so much better too! I don't like taking statins as it makes me feel very tired with no energy not to mention the side effects.

See 1 answered question