Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on June 5, 2009
I used to swear by this product. We had a kitten who had out-of-the-box issues, and we'd use this and the urine smell would disappear.

Well, the last bottle I bought was extremely unimpressive! I did some digging online and discovered that in 2003, Nature's Miracle decided to end their relationship with the company who created the enzyme mixture.

I guess they figured that they had so much word of mouth about how wonderful their product was that they could just sell us the name and not the actual Miracle!

So: IT used to work. Old formula would have been a 5-star review, it doesn't do nearly as well anymore. The creators of the enzymes say they're selling the original formula under the name Petastic, and I'm going to check them out.
2424 comments391 of 411 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2007
Okay, so after moving into my new house I was hoping beyond all hope that my little pug wouldn't pee on the carpet. Well, here I am five months later and, low and behold, the little stinker strikes! So let me get to the point here. Nature's Miracle does work. However, it works at its best when used in the following manner. When your little pet strikes, take a few paper towels and GENTLY soak up as much of the pee as you can. Repeat this process with many paper towels until you have soaked up as much as you can. DO NOT RUB, DO NOT ADD WATER! Now get yourself a measuring cup, and here is why you buy the gallon sized. Pour between 6-8 ounces of the product over the spot. This is about how much pee comes out of a little dog, so you want to match that. Let the product soak in the spot and dry as long as it needs. Do not simply spray the spot, because, trust me, the pee HAS gone down to the pad, and a little spray will not do the job. Now, after the spot has dried, you may want to apply to spray, just for a little extra treatment. I had a 24 ounce spray bottle that I refilled with the gallon, but it left me with plenty to treat the problem initially the way I had described.
0Comment185 of 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
Didn't work. Just made the urine odor stronger. A quick online search proved the name was sold, but not the formula.

The Original formula is now called Petastic. Took me about 30 seconds of an online search to find the info.

[...]

" You have been using Petastic® for the last 23 years without knowing it until now. We created and manufactured the original formula for Natures Miracle®. In 2003 our relationship with Natures Miracle® came to an end. Soon after we launched Petastic®, to ensure that you could still get the original Natures Miracle® formula. *Nature's Miracle® is a registered trademark of Eight In One, Inc.. Earth Friendly Products. is the creator and owner of the formulations formerly supplied to Eight In One for its Nature's Miracle® brand.

Earth Friendly Products, Inc is now marketing the formulation under the brand name Petastic Stain & Odor Remover.

Earth Frendly Products, Inc. is not affiliated with Eight In One.

Thank you for visiting Petastic®!"
1010 comments246 of 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I finally gave in to my wife and kids and we got a new puppy. While superficially she looks adorable, in-depth ethnographic observation of the animal reveals that she is, in fact, an abomination released upon unsuspecting humanity, and possibly a harbinger of Doom. The wretched animal is peeing prodigiously all over my house and guess who has to clean it up. It's funny how before we got the hound my wife and kids solemnly vowed to take care of "the sweet new addition to our family" in "every possible way" including thoroughly decontaminating the site where the dog might have "the occasional accident" prior to being fully housetrained. And yet at the first sight of elimination my wife and kids act suspiciously busy and try their darnedest to teleport to a galaxy as far far away from the offending puddle as possible. So I am left holding the bag, literally speaking, and have been involuntarily and reluctantly pressed into service as an unwilling janitor (the term 'shanghaing' is defined as "the practice of conscripting men by coercive techniques such as trickery, intimidation, or violence" and describes my current situation perfectly).

The good news is that Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover works as advertised, particularly on carpeted surfaces (it's not recommended for wood or tile floors). The bad news is that even after you are done following the instructions, if you illuminate the contaminated site with a UV flashlight you can clearly see the fluorescent evidence of the atrocity committed by the canine perpetrator.

So now my life is like a TV episode: the dog urinates, and I descend upon the area like a cross between the janitor in "Scrubs" and a male version of Pauley Perrette from "NCIS", illuminating incriminating forensic evidence with my 395 nM UV Ultra Violet 21 LED Blacklight Flashlight, by LEDwholesalers 7305UV395 and subsequently, gloved and hazmat-suited, I liberally douse the afflicted area with Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover, 32-Ounce until the crime scene is forensically clean. And then of course I rinse and repeat. Over and over again. Probably until the end of time.

My humble suggestion to you based on my own poignant personal experience: if you are thinking about a pet, get Kinectimals for your Xbox 360. Your house will thank you.
1515 comments191 of 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2008
Nature's Miracle works. It's that simple and that great. In addition to puppy training time, I had a dog with bladder cancer. As she began having accidents, I stocked up on Nature's Miracle and was essentially stress free about the carpet.

How I use this product:

First: When I see urine on the carpet (a wet spot, or the yellow that can appear a day or so later), I pour Nature's Miracle generously all along the trail, using a 32 oz bottle with spout. (It takes a lot - a cup or so for a urine trail.) I make sure all the area is covered, so now the carpet looks much wetter.

Second: I give it a couple of minutes to soak in, then gently cover the wet area with a towel (or towels if it's a trail all down the hall). DO NOT PRESS the towel or try to absorb. The chemical must dry naturally, breaking down the urine as it does. The towels are for two reasons
1. To keep you from stepping in the wet spots
2. To keep shoes or other dirt from rubbing across the wet spots and staining the carpet.

Last: After a day or two, I check that the carpet is completely dry and then remove the towels. No the towels are not decorative, but this is the price you pay for saving your carpet. If a stain still shows, I repeat the process. This has always worked for me. I have very light colored deep pile carpet, on a thick pad.

Note: Nature's Miracle does not work for dog vomit or feces stains. I wish!!
22 comments48 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2009
It's very important to clean up your puppy's messes with an enzyme cleaner so that the smell of urine is completely eradicated. Using various soaps may erase the smell sufficiently for the human nose, the dog's nose knows, and once your dog has established a spot, s/he will likely go there again. Nature's Miracle is the best product I've found for cleaning scents thoroughly enough to prevent my dog from returning to the scene of his crime. I like the spray bottle because I have hardwood floors, and you don't want to just pour liquid on the floor.

Unfortunately for me, I have also found that it is extremely effective for other types of accidents, such as vomit. It's a great all-around cleaner.
11 comment57 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2009
There are many products that claim to work on the same enzymatic principle as Nature's Miracle, but none work as well (and sadly some don't work at all). This product is a must for cleaning up any accidents.

This is NOT a spray-and-wipe type cleaner. In order for it to work, you have to follow the directions and let it sit for a while. I've had the best luck covering with a warm damp towel while the enzymes do their thing.
0Comment63 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2007
This stuff is so awesome! I wound up with quite the large puppy. She was house broken but only if she had constant access to a yard. We didn't. Needless to say she soiled everywhere. I used puppy training pads to soak it up (ironic). Once the liquid was absorbed into the pad, I just sprayed this on the stain, let it sit for about 15 minutes, gave it a quick wipe and stain and odor were GONE! I mean it, there is no stain and no odor left anywhere. You can't even tell where they were and there were ALOT. It's an amazing product and works better than I ever expected.
0Comment93 of 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2007
Many things will work to make people unable to detect the scent. This works to make DOGS unable to detect the scent. Dogs will pee in a spot where they smell pee...whether you smell it or not.

To use correctly:

Wipe up extra pee (or blot, if on carpet).
Spray Nature's Miracle LIBERALLY (even on stray drops) and let sit for awhile. Blot up extra. If the dog peed on carpet, you're going to have to really saturate the area and leave for awhile, especially if you don't catch it right away.

Finally, spray a mist of NM on spot and allow to air dry. I've never had a problem with this product staining.

I've been a dog trainer and fosterer for over 15 years and I wouldn't waste my money on anything else. This is by far the best product on the market (the skunk stuff doesn't work as well, btw...not much does except LOTS of applications and time! ;-) )
0Comment37 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2006
If you use this product as directed it works very well on all pet urine odors. The one downfall is if you have tried to get out the odor or stain w/ another pet odor product, Nature's Miracle may not work. So make sure you try this one first!