Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 5, 2012
this is a very delicious cereal. it was all the things they said it was, the two issues about it for me is that calorie/fat content. 260 cal./10 grams of fat per serving seems a bit high, even for a granola based cereal. and the next problem is the flaxseed, they didn't grind them. like many of you know, when you don't grind flaxseed, it will pass strait through your digestive system. now at first i thought, "well im eating the cereal, a good chewing should do the job just fine", but thats not the case. not to be gross, but i saw flaxseed in my stool, the seeds in whole. you probably only effectively breaking down about 2/5 of the seeds. so you're obviously not getting nearly as much nutritional value from it compared to if they would just pre-grind it.

but other than that its a great cereal, the taste is an unmistakable 10, nice fiber content and organic. i will still buy in the future, just not as often as i would've liked though
99 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2009
This cereal is so good. Where I live, I can't find it for less than $5 a box. On subscribe & save, it's about $3 a box. Great deal, and way better than other cereals that claim to be "healthy."
on March 20, 2009
I didn't think I would like this. But bought it anyway as an effort to eat better this year. I tasted it out of the box and was pleasantly surprised. It's good on its own, and with yogart & fresh fruit. Nice to have great taste with the good for you. Yeah pumkin flax granola!
on March 20, 2010
I second the problem mentioned by other reviewers regarding the indigestible whole flax seeds. Two more things I am not thrilled to find out after reading the label (should have done it before placing the order)

* The "organic evaporated cane juice" is the 2nd most significant ingredient by weight. It is a fancy name but sugar is sugar. There are two more sweeteners down the list.

* The 3rd ingredient by weight is "organic soy oil". Organic is good, but it is still fat.
on March 19, 2015
There are plenty of pumpkin and flax seeds in this cereal which is great, but it is also full of those tasteless air puffs that are used as a cheap way to fill the bag. And I don't mean to say that there is a sprinkling of these puffs; It is at minimum 33% tasteless air. If I were the manufacturer I would be embarrassed to sell this cereal to the public. I think we would all happily pay a bit more to get granola cereal that is mostly granola rather than this tasteless mess.
on June 6, 2015
I bought this to add to my plain tasteless yogurt but unfortunately I am a diabetic and this raises my blood sugar HEAVILY. it's 37 grams of carbs for every 1/2 cup. Within an hr I am so sleepy due to high blood sugar. Anyway it's still a great cereal and makes plain yogurt taste great!
on February 6, 2012
This cereal is marketed to have tons of Omega-3 and some Omega-6. Adding to other nutrients, it's truly one of the healthiest cereal available.

But this cereal is also delicious, especially if you are into oats and granola. It also doesn't get soggy as fast as most cereals out there.

I normally buy this from Costco, but they were out for a while. The price here is better than if you buy at regular supermarkets for the same size box ($4 - $6 per box). It's even better when you subscribe ($3/box). But lookout for coupons at Costco!

If you are a cereal lover, you gotta try this!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 6, 2016
Absolutely delicious granola! I ordered this via Prime Pantry because of ratings. I noticed a number of the reviews talk about it being fattening and highly caloric, etc. They also call it cereal...

This review is for the Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin FlaxPlus Granola, 11.5 Oz (I'm not sure if this product page normally lists a second product that's gone out of stock, as that does sometimes happen). Granola is typically heavier than cereal and not eaten by the cup full.

This is tasty sprinkled over yogurt, added to cereal, or eaten by the handful (you've been warned!). Super yummy but a couple spoonfuls is all we eat at a time. It's pretty satisfying though so no complaints. Excellent mix of flavors here.

Love the Nature's Path brand of foods and this is another win for us. Organic, no junky chemicals, pure goodness. Smile. Enjoy!
on September 7, 2014
I'll admit, I still prefer my own homemade granola. When I just don't have time to make it though, this is a good alternative. I always try to keep some in the house to grab for when I don't have anything else to eat. The kids love it too, and I like the fact that they are getting all the great omega-3s from the flax and pumpkin seeds. It is not as sweet as some other box granolas out there, but still on the sweet side.
I like the texture of this cereal, and the taste is pretty good, but considering how much sugar it has, to me personally, it doesn't taste very sweet--I augment the sweetness with stevia. However, it does taste good with fresh fruit and milk (I use almond milk), and I like the fact that it has lower levels of calories than other, sweeter granolas.

A big plus of this brand of granola is that it is certified organic and is non-GMO. It is a high-fiber cereal, and it has at least some protein per serving when most cereals have almost none. Please note, though, that this granola is not gluten-free.

As granola cereals go, this one is a bit lower in calories than most. A serving is listed as 3/4 cup, rather than a serving of 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup (either of which tiny serving sizes is a sure sign of very high calories in a particular granola). The total calories per serving are 260, but you can minus out 20 calories of that because a serving contains 5 grams of fiber. There are 10 grams of sugar, 10 grams of fat (with zero trans fat), and 6 grams of protein.

All in all, I like this granola enough that I would purchase it again.

Ingredients: Organic rolled oats, organic evaporated cane juice, organic soy oil, organic brown rice flour, organic pumpkin seeds, organic flax seeds, organic oat syrup solids, tocopherols, sea salt, organic molasses, organic rice bran extract, and organic cinnamon.

Allergen Warnings: Contains soy. Produced in a facility that uses wheat, peanuts or tree nuts.