5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to a miracle!
I got this for my daughter because she had such bad cramps(TOM) she would throw up. After research on the net, I found she might be suffering from GLA deficiency and that Borage oil could help. It did AND cleared up her acne, which we have tried many things for that also. Very happy!
Published on August 9, 2011 by S. Rojas

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, no warning.
Published 23 months ago by Duke Nukem

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to a miracle!, August 9, 2011
This review is from: Nature's Way Borage Oil 1300mg, 60 Softgels (Health and Beauty)

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR YOUR SKIN, DR.O recommended!, May 22, 2013
This brand is a good one 1st off & has one of the highest concentractions of the oil. My Mother watch a Dr. Oz show where he said to forget about all the anti-wrinkle creams etc, they do nothing more than moisturize your skin, unless you use a perscription Retinoid product! He said the "Borage oil" was the Best to use on your face for moisture & FINE LINES. you can take it internal or as he said, pop open a capsule & rub it oil on your EYE area (especially!) and other problem areas. He DID NOT say to use any specific brand- just a pure Borage oil. I choose this one for the high potency & price. It works great for my Mothers skin, she saw results in a week or less! I have combo dry/oily skin so I use it on my eye area mostly. I do notice less creasing & Im going to continue using it. I take a pill every other day & try to remember to put it on my eye are each nite. Its really easy to pierce open ( or bite) the capsule & squeeze out a bit as needed. These are kinda big, so 1 will last you a few nights of putting it on your face area. Other brands of Borage oil might work just as well, I liked this brand, the high potency, all natural Borage. I didnt want anything w/ fillers or other added ingredients. Its also good for your hair when you take a pill a day, & I have noticed a difference in my hair as well. Very happy, will purchase this again. JR~

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., October 24, 2012
When you compare this to other Borage Oil supplements that also have 60 capsules, those are usually priced at $21. This is merely $12, a STEAL for the quality. The other ones I've compared are only 1000 mg capsules, where this is 1300 mg! Others have only 360mg of Omega-6 in total, where this has 781 mg. Others have 220mg of GLA where this has 312 mg per capsule. There is NO COMPETITION for the price and QUALITY. This product works wonders.

I just don't feel right without it. If I take 2 capsules in the AM with first meal and 1 or 2 with dinner, my acne is literally GONE, and I have CYSTIC acne. Borage oil is the only thing that has ever worked for my acne. I have horrible circulation to my hands and feet, they are always freezing.. I'm only 19. Yet I take this and they are warm and I feel the blood flowing. My skin is better and my hormones are better because it helps with hormone metabolism.

I can't go without this product and I will ONLY purchase Nature's Way. Thank you NW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped with my acne, October 2, 2012
This product helped me get my acne under control. It was recommended to me when I got a facial at the spa. I searched on amazon for borage oil and this was the best deal I could find with the highest mgs. It's an easy to swallow capsule, it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, and I definitely noticed an improvement in my skin and complexion. I used to have ridiculous amounts of sebum oil on my face- especially my nose and chin- and I would have to scrape it off every single day, but after I started using this product it went away super quickly. I don't have to worry about having clogged pores full of white gunk anymore. Sorry if that sounds gross.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, no warning., July 22, 2012
"Borage seed oil is POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults and children as long as it is free of dangerous chemicals called pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs). Borage plant parts including the leaf, flower, and seed can contain PAs. PAs can damage the liver or cause cancer, especially when used in high doses or for a long time. Only use products that are certified and labeled PA-free.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It's important to avoid borage products that might contain pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs). PAs are a risk to the mother because they can cause serious liver disease and might cause cancer. PAs are also a risk to the infant because they might cause birth defects and they can pass into breast milk. Researchers aren't even sure if borage products that are certified PA-free are safe during pregnancy and breast-feeding. It's best to stay safe and avoid using borage.

Bleeding disorders: There is some concern that borage seed oil might prolong bleeding time and increase the risk of bruising and bleeding. If you have a bleeding disorder, use borage with caution.

Liver disease: Borage products containing hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PA) might make liver disease worse."
From [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars Borage purchase bc of Dr. Oz, October 2, 2013
Bought this because a make up specialist said that is all you ever need for moisturiaer, healthy and much cheaper. Bought it, my face broke out bid time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 22, 2012
I've been taking for a few months and noticed smoother softer skin and weight loss, after hearing it is good for skin and weight management I decided to give it a try, very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVEEEEE, June 14, 2013
I take borage seed oil to help control my acne. And BOY have I noticed a difference. It takes a couple weeks to adapt, but I have noticed extreme changes in my skin. At 25, I was desperate for a more holistic approach to skin care when most dermatologists I've been to always recommend Acutane (NO WAY!) Borage seed oil has changed my life! My skin is so much clearer, I do not get cystic acne that often, if at all any more (rare occurrences) I take two in the morning and two at night and have noticed this change over a three month period. Not only does it help with acne, but I've combined borage seed oil with evening primrose oil pills for an acne fighting combination which also helps incredibly with my crazy mood swings because of birth control. If you're looking for a solution, this may but it for you! message for more info!

4.0 out of 5 stars Difference, December 26, 2012
I noticed a difference with my skin my complextion and my nails within the first two weeks of taking. This is a very good product

5.0 out of 5 stars Use as facial moisturizer, November 1, 2013
I use one capsule before bed as a moisturizer and love love love it. Far cheaper than other facial products.

Nature's Way Borage Oil 1300mg, 60 Softgels