5.0 out of 5 stars I feel wonderful!!!!!
Published on May 11, 2011 by Shannon

2.0 out of 5 stars Be aware of side effects
I haven't been able to take this supplement long enough to say whether it works or not. The purpose of this review is to warn people that there may be side effects when following the manufacturer's recommended dosages. After less than one week of taking one capsule in the morning and one in the evening with meals, I woke up in the middle of the night with a severe...
Published 11 months ago by Judy

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel wonderful!!!!!, May 11, 2011
This review is from: Nature's Way - Dim-Plus, 120 capsules (Health and Beauty)
Hello all!....this product, combined with my natural progesterone has just been nothing short of a MIRACLE....for years Ive had trouble with either periods, moods, bloating...heavy bleeding leading to anemia (had to get weekly iron infusions), infertility....every doctor I went to throughout the years always tried to get me on either birth control or for me to consider a hysterectomy...good grief!...is that my only options???...so I began taking my own health into my own hands and researched, researched, researched...tried different natural alternatives...eating better (YES organic and 100% grass fed meats DO help)...i had been reading about the benefits of natural progesterone...have been using it for 3 months now and have seen dramatic differences in my daily feelings (increased libido, for instance..my hubby sure is happier!) and menstrual cycles, then I began reading about estrogen metabolism and DIM...

After reading so many positive things about it I gave it a try...well....Im so impressed...my skin is clearer, smoother....my cycle?..lighter, no cramps and came normally (26 days vs 23!)...ive even lost a inch or so around my abdomen area (bad bad estrogen!) without working out! (have finally enough energy to start zumba classes soon)

Today, I cried a little because I finally feel like Im getting my life back and not a slave to my body....so women, don't give up and just believe what the Dr. says especially if you are only being offered drugs or major surgery...there is an in between...poor estrogen metabolism affects SOOO much in our bodies and its caused by so many everyday things we use....soaps, shampoos, lotions, foods....but change a lil bit every day...in some cases its a bit more expensive (like organics and grass fed) but in the end it will be worth it...vs. a costly medical procedure that you may not even need...or can pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product changed my life, October 26, 2010
I began taking Dim-plus because I did some research on reducing the size of fibroid tumors naturally. My gyno was concerned with the size of them in my uterus and they were causing me to have very heavy and irregular periods, a lot of discomfort in my back and frequent urge to urinate caused by the fibroids pushing on my organs. I had very acute PMS including sensitivity to sound, food cravings, intense and persistent hunger even after eating, anxiety, sadness and feeling very irritated by everything. My periods were getting closer and closer together and I was determined to do something besides begin to think about surgery to have the fibroids removed. The results that I have had with DIM were apparent within one month of taking four capsules a day, two in the morning and two at night. I now have, almost no bloating, less headaches, more manageable moods, better sleep, a regular cycle that you can set your watch by every 28 to 30 days, much lighter periods, less cramping, no breast tenderness, less hunger and best of all my fibroids have been shrinking steadily since I started taking DIM two years ago. I have recommended DIM to several friends with various female issues and they all report great results. One friend was scheduled for surgery and postponed it in order to try the DIM. It has been a year and she has still not had to resort to having the fibroids removed. I certainly believe in medical intervention when needed and I am not recommending ignoring medical advice, but there are changes you can make on your own to help yourself and possibly avoid medical intervention. DIM is definitely that option for me. I recommend it to anyone who has estrogen related issues. My doctors see no reason for me not to take the supplement if I am feeling good taking it. This price is also amazing. It's half what I pay in the vitamin stores. I'm gonna stock up! Without this product I truly believe I would have been a surgery candidate by now.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIM has changed my LIFE!, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Nature's Way - Dim-Plus, 120 capsules (Health and Beauty)
I cannot begin to adequately explain what a life changing product this is! In my opinion, it should be in EVERY woman's daily suppliment regiment!

Let me start off with one term: PCOS; also known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Made me gain weight (over 150 lbs) that no matter what I, or my docs have tried, nothing has helped to shed the weight. Horrible adult acne at 30 years old, hair loss, HORRID menstral symptoms, irregular menstruation....and ultimately, INFERTILITY.

I watched the Doctor Oz show one day, and he was touting the benefits of DIM - saying that it may help you lose weight, and can help lower your cancer risk. I've tried everything else...so I thought, "Why not?"

I was not expecting any drastic results, but to my suprize, the pounds just started JUMPING off of me! I have been taking DIM since late April of 2012, and have not changed anything. My diet has stayed the same, activity level has stayed the same, etc.....BUT.... I have gone from 287.5 lbs down to 230 lbs in just a few short months of taking a double dose each day (2 pills in the am, and 2 in the pm)!!!! That's nearly 60 lbs in just a few short months!!! I feel AMAZING!!!

Not only have I lost (and kept off!) copious amounts of body fat, but I feel much more energetic, sleep much better (and more regularly), have little to no PMS symptoms, my adult acne has become a thing of the past, my dead libido has come back with a VENGANCE, my periods come every 28 days right on schedule (for the first time in my LIFE!), and now, my fertility has improved (via hormones balancing out), and having children has now become a possibility!

My mother (PCOS and pre-menopausal), sister (PCOS) and several friends with PCOS and weight issues have also begun taking this upon my advice and upon seeing my amazing results, and they have also seen AMAZING results with their weight loss and hormone issues!

(**NOTE** I HAVE tried other brands of DIM, however NONE even come close to comparing to Nature's way! Don't waste your money on other brands! And, NO! I am in no way affiliated with Nature's way! Simply a VERY happy customer!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, December 26, 2009
This review is from: Nature's Way - Dim-Plus, 120 capsules (Health and Beauty)
A quick history. I am 35 years old and had my thyroid removed 20 years ago. I have never had normal hormonal function, with a very whacky, irregular cycle. I have been told by doctors that my lack of a thyroid has crippled my hormone production.

I started taking DIM after coming across an article that mentioned it was helpful in promoting hormone health... The sales rep at Nutrition Smart told me that I should try Estrosense DIM over Nature's Way because it was a better overall supplement.. I did use use the Estrosense for one month and finished the 60 ct. bottle, but didn't feel any difference in my PMS symptoms or period (or anything else). I then read many positive reviews of Nature's Way and ordered a 120 ct. bottle..

Within a week I noticed a major improvement in 2 things. Most noticable was my skin. I have always had extremely oily skin and scalp, but esepecially in the last few years and it would worsen after day 14 of my cycle. On NW DIM my acne was clearing up, my skin wasn't shiny and my hair less greasy. Also my skin wasn't extremely ruddy or splotchy anymore and was evening out in tone. Now 2 mos later I feel like my skin is the way it should look, healthy and normal. I am not horrified by photos of my face anymore and actually like how my skin looks.

As far as my cycle, it has also improved. For the last two cycles I didn't have bad cramps and my period was shorter by 2 days. I didn't get as bloated as usual, but still did have some water retension. In the past, however, I would gain 5 lbs in water weight and be extremely uncomfortable for a week. This time it was more tolerable.

So I highly recommend Nature's Way for anyone who feels they have problems with hormones, whether it is lack of production like me, or too much as in estrogen dominance. At the very least buy the 120 ct bottle and give it two months to see for yourself..

4.0 out of 5 stars better skin and mood, September 9, 2011
Ms. Rea (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature's Way - Dim-Plus, 120 capsules (Health and Beauty)
Nature's Way DIM is amazing. It sounds like other reviewers saw the benefits of taking DIM after a few weeks. But it actually took me four months to see any significant changes. Let me first mention that I am not in peri-menopause or menopause. I am 29 years old and have not had any children, but I wasn't previously trying to have any either. I started taking bc pills when I was 16 because I was having really heavy, unbearable, and irregular cycles. I stopped taking the pill two years ago because my hubby was concerned about the health risks from taking them for so long. My cycles stayed regular, but my mood swings and skin had gotten out of control ever since then. I always knew I had a hormone problem, but it is like trying to move a brick wall to get doctors to investigate the matter (let alone take it seriously), and recommend solutions besides taking the pill again. So I found out about DIM after doing research on hormone imbalances. It took a while for me to notice the impact, but my husband noticed it way before I did. Lately, he's been telling me everyday how I am more affectionate (without giving t.m.i.), how radiate my skin is now, and how he hasn't notice any of my typical mood swings. I used to have bad acne flareups about a week before my cycle, but that has completely ceased. I also read that DIM helps with fertility issues, which is great since my hubby and I want to start a family in the near future.

But, I have noticed a downside to the vitamins: they caused me to have nausea and gas pains every time I ate throughout the day if I took them with food. At first, I thought I was preggers. But after 3 preg tests and a trip to the ob/gyn with negative results, I realized something else was causing the discomfort. Then, I remembered reading another reviewer's complaint about similar symptoms. Now I just take the vitamins a couple hours before or after I eat, or take a Beano and that solved the problem. Remember, the Nature's Way DIM contains cruciferous vegetables (spinach, cabbage, and broccoli powder), which typically causes gastrointestinal discomfort (even in their raw state) in some people.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO More Accutane Cuz of this Product! Thank God!!!, July 23, 2013
I'm getting emotional when I think about how this product has profoundly changed my life in such a positive way!!! I wish I could give it 10 stars! Yes, it has worked just that good for me...I'll try my best not to be too long winded here, but I do want to express my sincere thanks to Nature's Way for creating such a wonderful product!!!

All of my life I have suffered from acne. I mean from teen years, into adulthood (I'm in my late 30's) I have experienced a constant battle with my acne prone skin. Unless you have suffered from the self-esteem bashing effects of acne, you have no clue how bad it makes you feel about yourself when you look at your reflection in the mirror. I know that Accutane has gotten such a bad rap with people claiming that the drugs cause suicidal thoughts and all that stuff, but in all honesty, I sometimes felt like I wanted to die because of the acne ruining my complexion, thus killing my self esteem. Hence, I have been on several courses of Accutane and I am very thankful that with the exception of horribly dry lips, I never had any adverse reactions to it and was quite thankful that it's still on the market. Though Accutane was a miracle drug for turning my acne into the perfect blemish free skin, the sad part about the drug is that it is a temporary fix in that it only stays in your system for so long before the acne will inevitably come back with a vengeance (well at least that's how it was for me). Well, this past spring, I guess the Accutane dissipated from my system after 2 years because I started having constant outbreaks again and I went back to my dermatologist begging, pleading, and almost harassing her to put me back on Accutane; however, because of the many courses I have had, she was very reluctant to put me on another course so she wrote me prescriptions for all kinds of useless medications that she wanted me to try before she'd concede to prescribing me Accutane. Therefore, I ended up wasting time and money on those meds because they never worked or they made my skin even worse. I even tried stuff off the tv (i.e. Proactive) or the internet (i.e. Gunilla of Sweden), but to no avail. Meanwhile, my face was beginning to look like a rocky mountain with bump after acne bump (+ the ugly scaring) popping up all over my face to once again ruin my wonderful Caramel colored skin that the Accutane had temporarily produced. I got so desperate that I tried some crap called Estroblock that I got from this site and it made me sick. Luckily, someone else had an issue with the Estroblock and suggested DIM+plus for acne. Reading that person's review was the beginning of me experiencing my skin anew. The interesting thing is that I used to buy DIM Plus from Whole foods. I was taking it for fibroid issues and it really helped a lot. So much so, that I stopped taking the DIM Plus and I never equated it to clearing up my acne because the Accutane was still in my system while I was taking DIM plus so there was no correlation for me. Well, long story short, I have been taking the DIM plus (2 caps in the morning and 2 in the evening) and 8,000 IU's of vitamin A since June 10th and I have not, I REPEAT, I have not had any out of control acne outbreaks!!!! I can't believe it!!! Even when my cycle comes on (which is when the acne became worse), I had a tiny, barely noticeable pimple or two that went away (without any scaring) in less than a week; whereas before, my skin would erupt like a volcano with acne that I just could not control. I am still in disbelief that an over the counter product (i.e. Dim Plus) that is a fraction of the cost of Accutane and doesn't have any of the side effects and monthly hassles of getting approved for the prescriptions (those who have taken Accutane know exactly what I mean), actually works as good as the drugs. It's truly unbelievable!!! My only regret is that I didn't know about Dim Plus sooner. I could have saved myself a lot of money in terms of all the useless prescriptions I bought, costly chemicals peels I had to have to reduce the appearance of the acne scaring, the years and tears I cried from a ruined complexion, the expensive makeup I had to use to cover the blemishes/scars, the dry lips and ridiculous process I had to go through month after month to get the Accutane every 2 years or so, the time, gas, and energy spent going to the Dr's, etc. etc. All I know is that I am so thankful for this product and I will continue my double dosing for about 2 more months, while I enjoy people complimenting me on how great my skin looks and feels. Just tonight, my man could not stop looking at me and praising how wonderful my skin looks. He just loves touching my face and admiring my healthy, glowing skin and that makes me feel good as a woman that strives to take good care of herself inside and out. If you suffer the same issue, try this product. If it doesn't work for you, then all you have lost is a few bucks which you might be able to get back due to Amazon's great A to Z satisfaction guarantee policy. They say no refund on supplements, but I have called Amazon's customer service and explained my dissatisfaction with a couple of supplements, and being the awesome business that it is, they gave me a refund despite what they may say online. If it does work, you too will be singing the same praises as I do as I thank God for Nature's Way creating DIM Plus!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Relief from Menopausal Symptons, November 11, 2010
Barb (Omaha, NE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature's Way - Dim-Plus, 120 capsules (Health and Beauty)
After one day of use I stopped having hot flashes, night sweats and actually slept through the night for once in three months!! I have re-ordered Dim-Plus. I've tried other natural supplements that did nothing to relieve the hot flashes, night sweats and sleepless nights. I feel the "brain fog" has gone away also. I'm 54 and just started experiencing menopausal symptons and wanted to use natural supplements vs HRT. Dim-Plus works for me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best DIM on the market, April 15, 2011
I take DIM for endometriosis and estrogen dominance, and after trying five or six supplements, I've discovered that this is the best one, here's why: If you look carefully, you'll see that you have to take 8 Nature's Way DIM capsules per day to get 100mg of DIM (2 of their capsules are 100mg, 25% (25mg) of which is DIM = 8 capsules = 100mg DIM). I found I had to take anywhere from 2-10 capsules of other brands to get the amount I needed, and not all of them were as potent or effective as this brand. This supplement is 1 pill = 100mg of potent DIM. Saves money and pill-swallowing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product. Highly Recommended, November 19, 2009
KOS "KOS" (Stevenson Ranch, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this to relieve breast pain associated with PMS. It totally eliminated the pain! Apparently DIM helps metabolize the "bad" estrogen. For me, this product is miraculous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, October 8, 2011
This review is from: Nature's Way - Dim-Plus, 120 capsules (Health and Beauty)
I love this product. I am 46 years old, female, I have always had PMS probably closer to PMDD. Starving, aches, headaches, depression, anger, tears, very heavy periods, and anemic. This only got worse as I got older, at my age I am probably pre-menopause. I am not normally someone who takes supplements of any kind, I generally believe you should get your nutrition from your food. However, this product has changed my life. It has almost eliminated my PMS/PMDD! My periods are also light much more manageable. Also it has eliminated the cravings during PMS, so I have for the first time, been able to successfully change my eating habits, even during PMS when I would normally give in to every craving.

Nature's Way - Dim-Plus, 120 capsules