Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2015
Let me start by saying I have tried various things for my skin. I'm 33 years old and have 2 kids. After I had my second I feel like I had skin issues due to a hormonal imbalance. After lots of research, face washes, etc. I decided to try Dim. Within the first few weeks I experienced head aches. I made sure to drink a lot of water during the process. Regardless the headaches passed and my break outs became very minimal and I haven't experimented anything cystic anymore. I never have had horrible skin but it was enough to make me self conscious about my own appearance. However the Dim has helped control a lot of that and definitely helps women who are dealing with weight due to hormonal changes. I'm a petite woman, and use Dim more for the hormonal balance and skin, but I know several woman close to me who have had success with Dim for weight issues as well. I hope this helps. I depended on these reviews when I was researching different products and solutions 😉
on October 8, 2011
I love this product. I am 46 years old, female, I have always had PMS probably closer to PMDD. Starving, aches, headaches, depression, anger, tears, very heavy periods, and anemic. This only got worse as I got older, at my age I am probably pre-menopause. I am not normally someone who takes supplements of any kind, I generally believe you should get your nutrition from your food. However, this product has changed my life. It has almost eliminated my PMS/PMDD! My periods are also light much more manageable. Also it has eliminated the cravings during PMS, so I have for the first time, been able to successfully change my eating habits, even during PMS when I would normally give in to every craving.
on September 16, 2015
Hi, I had to write a review for this because if it helps one person it was all worth it.

I had horrible anxiety and depression just show up out of no where. I gained 5 hard pounds even though i wasn't eating a lot more than normal. I went to the Dr. and he gave me anti-anxiety drugs. I hate pharmaceuticals especially ones that can become addictive. I refuse to take it but keep it on hand. I looked online and realize i had low T and high estrogen I had a majority of all the symptoms. After 3 days taking two a day I started to feel happier less anxiety and had energy for the first time in over two months. I've lost about 2 pounds just in those 3 days. I'm my old self again. My hair is thicker and growing fast. I feel great.

If you are a man you can take it too there are instructions on the back for both men and women. $20 was a small price to pay for how good i feel.

Also i had the slight headache other people describe so here's a tip take one in the morning and one later in the day no more headaches.
on September 9, 2011
Nature's Way DIM is amazing. It sounds like other reviewers saw the benefits of taking DIM after a few weeks. But it actually took me four months to see any significant changes. Let me first mention that I am not in peri-menopause or menopause. I am 29 years old and have not had any children, but I wasn't previously trying to have any either. I started taking bc pills when I was 16 because I was having really heavy, unbearable, and irregular cycles. I stopped taking the pill two years ago because my hubby was concerned about the health risks from taking them for so long. My cycles stayed regular, but my mood swings and skin had gotten out of control ever since then. I always knew I had a hormone problem, but it is like trying to move a brick wall to get doctors to investigate the matter (let alone take it seriously), and recommend solutions besides taking the pill again. So I found out about DIM after doing research on hormone imbalances. It took a while for me to notice the impact, but my husband noticed it way before I did. Lately, he's been telling me everyday how I am more affectionate (without giving t.m.i.), how radiate my skin is now, and how he hasn't notice any of my typical mood swings. I used to have bad acne flareups about a week before my cycle, but that has completely ceased. I also read that DIM helps with fertility issues, which is great since my hubby and I want to start a family in the near future.

But, I have noticed a downside to the vitamins: they caused me to have nausea and gas pains every time I ate throughout the day if I took them with food. At first, I thought I was preggers. But after 3 preg tests and a trip to the ob/gyn with negative results, I realized something else was causing the discomfort. Then, I remembered reading another reviewer's complaint about similar symptoms. Now I just take the vitamins a couple hours before or after I eat, or take a Beano and that solved the problem. Remember, the Nature's Way DIM contains cruciferous vegetables (spinach, cabbage, and broccoli powder), which typically causes gastrointestinal discomfort (even in their raw state) in some people.
44 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2015
Best supplement for PCOS! I have PCOS and you know, you hear about certain supplements over and over again for balancing hormones but this one is sadly not as well known. I've taken vitex, don quai, EPO, .... all the ones you see on the message boards on forums of woman trying to balance hormones, but I had little success and had to take many supplements combined to see a difference.

One day my mom mentioned heating about this supplement a day wanted me to order it for her for her menopause symptoms. When I looked into it, I found out it works well for PCOS and tried it...that was 2 years ago and I've been taking it ever since.

I started weaning out the other supplements and am down to just this and regular intake of good oils like cod liver oil, EPO and borage. I'm not regular with my oils but I also follow a somewhat low carb, high fat diet (Trim Healthy Mama)

I firmly believe that between my eating habits and this supplement, my cycles are near perfect and fluctuate between 29-32 days. Two years ago I was 45-80 days! I'm now taking it less (only several days a week/2 pills per day) and have maintained consistent, predictable cycles which is a blessing if you have PCOS (am I right ladies, my soulcysters know we love our cycles cuz w know what it's like to have them leave and the crazy weight gain/mood swings/hair problems that intensify in their prolonged absence)

This should be the go to supplement for hormone balancing in woman. It grabs up the bad type of estrogen that causes chaos and rids our bodies if it while keeping the healthy estrogen balanced and hormones in harmony. Give it 2 months before expecting results though I think I could tell it was working with even less time than that.
on November 11, 2010
After one day of use I stopped having hot flashes, night sweats and actually slept through the night for once in three months!! I have re-ordered Dim-Plus. I've tried other natural supplements that did nothing to relieve the hot flashes, night sweats and sleepless nights. I feel the "brain fog" has gone away also. I'm 54 and just started experiencing menopausal symptons and wanted to use natural supplements vs HRT. Dim-Plus works for me!!
on July 31, 2013
I haven't been able to take this supplement long enough to say whether it works or not. The purpose of this review is to warn people that there may be side effects when following the manufacturer's recommended dosages. After less than one week of taking one capsule in the morning and one in the evening with meals, I woke up in the middle of the night with a severe headache, nausea, GI unrest and puffy eyes. It took 5 - 6 hours for these symptoms to resolve. Additionally, the arthritic joints in my hands started to ache and this persisted throughout the day.

After going through this again the following night with more severe symptoms, I did an internet search for side effects of DIM and found information about this in a Dr. Oz blog. I then read through some research studies and found that a small number of people experience the same side effects that I did when the dosage is too high. Also, DIM does not clear the average person's blood stream for 18 hours, so there is a cumulative effect when taking DIM twice a day.

If you are sensitive to pharmaceuticals as I am, the solution is to experiment with dosages and timing until you find the combination that does not cause side effects. Neither Nature's Way nor BioResponse, L.L.C., the company that manufactures the active ingredient, provides comprehensive warning information on their websites.
66 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
I had to take this for 4 weeks before I noticed any benefits. For the first week my skin seemed to have a better glow. Then the second week a had a mild headache and my stomach felt bloated. My skin continued to improve, breakouts ceased. Through the third week, the headaches stopped but I still seemed bloated. Then by the fourth week, it seemed I'd lost some weight on my stomach and my skin is completely cleared. That was the main reason I purchased this. I will continue to use.
on December 8, 2015
Let's talk about how obsessed I am with these pills. At 27, I was still struggling with acne that was worse than when I was a teen. I just brushed it off and considered myself unlucky and pretended that when I put make up on, it didn't look that bad. Until one day, someone recommended I look into a new facewash (one of those pricey subscription ones) that was working well for their preteen daughter. It was meant to be a helpful suggestion but I was heartbroken. At nearly 30, I dont need special facewashes like a teen! I AM WAY PAST THAT! So I did some research online and got to hormone imbalance. I read a few articles and looked at a few different lists of symptoms (estrogen dominance). Symptoms that I have been complaining to my doctors for YEARS! I was pissed and I hated modern medicine more than I ever have. Some of these symptoms include: Decreased sex drive, Irregular or otherwise abnormal menstrual periods, Bloating (water retention), Breast swelling and tenderness, Fibrocystic breasts, Headaches (especially premenstrually), Mood swings (most often irritability and depression), Weight and/or fat gain (particularly around the abdomen and hips), Cold hands and feet (a symptom of thyroid dysfunction), Hair loss, Thyroid dysfunction, Sluggish metabolism, Foggy thinking, memory loss, Fatigue, Trouble sleeping/insomnia, PMS. My research continues and I was convinced that my acne was due to this hormone imbalance and so many other things. Sick of docs telling me to go on birth control to regulate hormones, I decided to (maybe foolishly) take matters into my own hands and give this a try.

I did, as other reviewers mentioned, start off by taking this with milk thistle. It made sense and I think it was a good idea. I finished the bottle of milk thistle and discontinued without any side effects. Like others mention, this is going to start out as kind of a detoxing type situation. I did have headaches in the evening for the first few days. But only lasted a day or two. As someone who has had many a bad migraine in the past, these headaches gave me a run for my money. But i muscled through it and took it as a sign that it was working. My skin felt slightly better after around a week. Two weeks or so later, awesome! This has changed my life and I will never go without. My skin is clear and I feel so great! All of my previous symptoms aside from the acne have subsided as well. Around my period, I do still have a bit more trouble with my skin than the rest of the month, but I am sure if I could remember and take an extra pill for a couple days before hand, it would work itself out.

My husband, at almost 30, also was still having problems with his skin. Other reviewers said it worked for males as well and it does! We use the dosage noted on the package and my husbands complexion looks wonderful as well! I feel like I learned a lot about estrogen while researching this too. Lifesaver!
on March 11, 2016
I absolutely most definitely recommend this product. I started suffering from hormonal acne about 3 years ago. I went to a dermatologist she perscriped antibiotics and birth control pills. They helped a little bit but not much. I went off of them all hell broke lose on my face. I tried chemical peels. Over the counter stuff and nothing. Three months ago I got tired of not going out because I was embarrassed of my face I felt ugly. People I didn't know would randomly give me unsolicited advice ( that's when you know it's bad). So I stumbled across it on Amazon and decided to try it. I saw some results in the first week. I've been taking it now for about 3 months and my face is completely clear. I get 1 or 2 pimples during that time of the month but nothing compared to what use to get.