5.0 out of 5 stars Nature's Way Metabolic Reset
Published 24 months ago by Don P.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oy Vey!
Although it did make me feel full like it promised, it was full of gas. Enough said. End of review.
Published 5 months ago by Deborah Guzman

5.0 out of 5 stars Nature's Way Metabolic Reset, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Nature's Way Metabolic ReSet, Chocolate, 630g (Health and Beauty)
I have been using this for about five weeks now and have lost nine pounds. I have it for breakfast and lunch and then have a lite dinner. I'm older and weight loss is very, very difficult for me. So I'm thrilled. I also had some of the gastric problems at first, as others have claimed, but I liked the taste, so I just kept with it. The first week was very hard. It filled me up, but it really does take time to get your food cravings under control The first week is always very hard when changing eating habits.

I mix mine with eight ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and it's soooooo creamy... much creamer than mixing with nonfat milk, and it's only forty calories, instead of the eighty for skim milk! Also, if you are having problems digesting this at first, try mixing it with water, rather than milk, or almond milk until, until you can tolerate it. That worked for me. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've lost 15lbs in two months!, July 2, 2010
I've tried so many different protein shakes and weight loss drinks over the years and most really only taste good after you load them up with a ton of fruit and yogurt, which balloons up the calories and carbs and pretty much defeats the purpose. Metabolic Reset is one of the first drinks I've tried that is actually drinkable, and I'd even go so far as to say it's fairly smooth and creamy blended with just water. It's not powdery or chalky and because it doesn't have aspartame, there's no chemical aftertaste.

I've been using it now for several months and have lost about 15lbs but this product is just one part of a whole routine. I use it as a meal replacement for lunch. I have oatmeal for breakfast and a light dinner early in the evening. I also try to exercise at least a few minutes everyday. So far, so good. I'd like to lose five pounds more, but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at currently. Once I'm down to my goal weight I'll probably have one of these shakes for lunch ever other day or so as maintenance.

Though I am losing weight using this product, honestly, I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm exercising more and simply eating less. The benefit of using this product is that I don't have to count calories or plan out what I'm having for lunch, so the only meal that I really have to manage is my dinner. That makes it so much easier and removes the possibility of "slipping" at lunch.

One thing: I do add a slash of plain almond milk to the water before blending it. You're supposed to mix it with water only and I'm sure adding almond milk diminishes the glycemic benefit somewhat, but it makes it so much richer and satisfying. If I'm really craving something rich and sweet I mix it entirely with almond milk... it tastes almost (and I say almost, in that "I'm dieting and this is as good as it's going to get" sort of way) like a chocolate shake. In general, it tastes enough like a treat that I find myself looking forward to it as lunchtime approaches.

Regarding the cost: several reviewers have complained about the cost, but here it's almost half of what it goes for in a vitamin shop. It works out to less than two dollars per serving... there's not a lot I can eat for lunch that's even remotely healthy for that little.

PS - It always makes my day to know that people find these reviews helpful. If you'd also like to ask a question or leave a comment I usually respond the same day, so if you have a question or comment (even if it's just to say, Hi!") feel free to post it below.

Thanks,
Claire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 9, 2012
This product is perfect for suppressing my appetite, and it taste pretty good. I mix with water, not too much, just exactly 8 oz. I drink one for breakfast, eat a light lunch, drink one around 3:00 pm, eat a light dinner. I have lost 5 lbs in one week while taking this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lost weight without wanting to or trying. Felt energized. Beware of Xylitol and stomach cramps/ bloating issues!, December 20, 2013
I was given this by my sister when she decided she didnt like it (she was getting rid of anything with soy in it). I am a healthy weight and very active 39 year old female. I thought this would be a great thing for me to try drinking before my early morning walks with my dog (always came back famished and low blood sugar). After one week my jeans were too loose! I felt so good that not only was I walking my dog at dawn, I was dancing half the time (no joke). This shake ended up being my gateway to including meal replacement shakes in my diet on a daily basis for the past 2 years. I did tons of research and bought Ultimate Meal, Raw Meal, Vega One, etc.
Ultimate Meal and Raw Meal are staples in my pantry now. But I am adding Metabolic Reset back in to my rotation because of its superior effects on my metabolism and weight maintenance. My dirty secret is that I had been a closet smoker for 20 years and recently quit. I was dismayed and shocked when none of my jeans fit over my hips two weeks into quitting. I never had weight issues in my life till now! Can barely wait to start back on Metabolic Reset as I am certain it is good arsenal to have in my tool kit to keep my weight down and help me feel energized.
Note: I see a lot of people complaining about stomach issues with this product. The culprit hands down is Xylitol. Xylitol is excellent health wise, but it ALWAYS takes time for your body to adjust to it if you are not accustomed to it. I wish the people at Natures Way would provide this information on the container. The best way to get used to xylitol is to introduce it in small increments for the first week. Add more each day. Start with a small amount, and day by day increase till you have the full shake serving. If you dont do this you will likely feel really sick from it. It may even feel like food poisoning if you overdo it. The symptoms of too much xylitol are farting, bloating, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. However if you introduce the shake slowly you will likely avoid ALL of those symptoms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - I'm losing weight fast!, April 27, 2013
Sadly, I was in a bad relationship for way too long and ended up gaining 100lbs. Over the last couple years I have tried exercise, various diets and nothing worked. I finally found that as a vegetarian I wasn't getting enough protein and it was most likely my fat and carb intake that was preventing me from never feeling satiated and prevented me from losing weight. I've triend a lot of protein drinks, but I always ended up hungry an hour or two later. I tried the metabolic reset and VOILA, I'm no longer hungry. In fact, I now have to force myself to drink more shakes to ensure I get enough calories in a day. Best yet, I've been drinking these shakes 3-4 times a day since 6 weeks ago and I am now down 25lbs. I'm not even exercising. The only issue I've had so far is that it does make you a little gassy. This could probably be curbed with a digestive enzyme. Overall, I couldn't be happier about this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars That extra help!, March 9, 2012
These taste great & are really good for you. I have had one everyday now for 200 days. With eating healthy & exercise I've lost 50 pounds starting my day with one has really helped me. Or for lunch or just a snack. Sometimes I add peanut butter :p

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Product And Here is Why, June 30, 2007
My honest opinion is, that compared to all the other protein shakes I have tried; this is the first protein vanilla shake that I actually like. Nature's Way Reset does not taste chalky or have an awful aftertaste like so many other protein shakes that use Aspartame. Nature's Way Reset uses the natural sweetener, Stevia, which is healthier than sugar as it doesn't spike the blood sugar.

I mix the vanilla protein powder with 8 ounces of cold water and add one ripe banana and one or two ice cubes in my blender. A great vanilla fruit shake that is healthy.

For those who have bought other protein shakes and invested in 1 pound protein powder that they didn't like, try buying a single packet at any health food store to see if you like it. Some grocery stores that have nutrition centers or GNC stores may have the single packets for sale.

I can only speak for myself, the vanilla protein powder tastes great, follow the directions and add fruit to it and yes it did fill me up. Oh my gosh, I lost 2 pounds already and am going to buy the 1 pound container. But like anything else gotta cut the caloric intake, and do more walking and exercise and yes, I say this has helped me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 10, 2013
This stuff actually tastes pretty good once you've had it about three times. The first time it kind of has a "synthetic sweetner" taste, but after the third time, you get used to it and it's yummy! I mix 1 scoop of the chocolate with half a banana and a cup of almond milk and it tastes like a milkshake. For only 140 calories/shake, it keeps me full for about three hours. If I used the two scoops like it recommends, it would probably keep me full a lot longer. This product has helped me get my eating under control and keep my calories low for the day. I've been using it to replace breakfast and lunch for about a week and half lost 3 pounds. Thanks Metabolic Reset!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, April 26, 2013
Christine Cummings (Cincinnati, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
Both flavors (chocolate and vanilla) are superb. They leave you feeling full for hours after drinking. My husband just uses it in a shaker bottle at work (which left him feeling the vanilla, while good, was a bit chalky. i bought him a personal blender for his desk and it has made a huge difference). I need ice and a blender to fully enjoy. Chocolate is quite good and leaves me feeling fuller, longer, than other ones I've tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm for weight loss, and (vanilla) tastes WAY better than anything else!, February 10, 2014
I have used this twice and have consistently lost weight quickly and easily with it. Truly tastes great and does fill you up. I buy the vanilla and combine it with water, soy-milk (try the vanilla silk), ice and usually some type of fruit (banana, frozen peaches etc). I also sometimes make up a morning coffee mix. I don't always drink caffeine, but we all have those days. I mix espresso (no sugar etc) with one to two scoops of the vanilla and a bit of soymilk and ice. Taste is WONDERFUL!

The first time using it for three weeks I dropped 12 lbs. That was without exercise.
Second time around and its just as effective only now I am combining diet with light but steady exercise. First week in and I have lost 7 pounds. Yes I realize that might also be partially water weight. But I'll take it to start off!

As with anything else you have to watch what ELSE you eat. This is a great breakfast and/or lunch replacement but will achieve bupkis if you eat pizza for dinner!
I also appreciate the protein content in this. I am a vegetarian and love that with two of these a day and a balanced meal and snack I am getting about 60 grams of protein in daily (which also always helps me drop weight).

Other Suggestions:
Try tracking your nutrition and calories. I use myfitnesspal. Tracking things helps keep you conscious of your choices, and you stay in goal.
If you are having issues with hunger while reducing your calories (especially with dinner/late night snacks etc.) try using Glucomannan. Now foods sells a good version here on Amazon.

Nature's Way Metabolic ReSet, Chocolate, 630g