Nature's Way Metabolic ReSet, Chocolate, 630g
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gChange
Price:$23.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
I've tried so many different protein shakes and weight loss drinks over the years and most really only taste good after you load them up with a ton of fruit and yogurt, which balloons up the calories and carbs and pretty much defeats the purpose. Metabolic Reset is one of the first drinks I've tried that is actually drinkable, and I'd even go so far as to say it's fairly smooth and creamy blended with just water. It's not powdery or chalky and because it doesn't have aspartame, there's no chemical aftertaste.

I've been using it now for several months and have lost about 15lbs but this product is just one part of a whole routine. I use it as a meal replacement for lunch. I have oatmeal for breakfast and a light dinner early in the evening. I also try to exercise at least a few minutes everyday. So far, so good. I'd like to lose five pounds more, but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at currently. Once I'm down to my goal weight I'll probably have one of these shakes for lunch ever other day or so as maintenance.

Though I am losing weight using this product, honestly, I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm exercising more and simply eating less. The benefit of using this product is that I don't have to count calories or plan out what I'm having for lunch, so the only meal that I really have to manage is my dinner. That makes it so much easier and removes the possibility of "slipping" at lunch.

One thing: I do add a slash of plain almond milk to the water before blending it. You're supposed to mix it with water only and I'm sure adding almond milk diminishes the glycemic benefit somewhat, but it makes it so much richer and satisfying. If I'm really craving something rich and sweet I mix it entirely with almond milk... it tastes almost (and I say almost, in that "I'm dieting and this is as good as it's going to get" sort of way) like a chocolate shake. In general, it tastes enough like a treat that I find myself looking forward to it as lunchtime approaches.

Regarding the cost: several reviewers have complained about the cost, but here it's almost half of what it goes for in a vitamin shop. It works out to less than two dollars per serving... there's not a lot I can eat for lunch that's even remotely healthy for that little.

PS - It always makes my day to know that people find these reviews helpful. If you'd also like to ask a question or leave a comment I usually respond the same day, so if you have a question or comment (even if it's just to say, Hi!") feel free to post it below.

Thanks,
Claire
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 20, 2013
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
If you choose this shake, you should seriously consider removing all sugar from your diet while you are using it. More on that later. I was given this by my sister when she decided she didnt like it (she was getting rid of anything with soy in it... apparently this product contains soy lecithen). I am a healthy weight and very active 39 year old female. I thought this would be a great thing for me to try drinking before my early morning walks with my dog as I always came back from these walks famished and low blood sugar, dizzy, etc. This tasted DELICIOUS (I got vanilla) and after one week my jeans were too loose! I wasnt even trying to lose weight. I felt so good that not only was I walking my dog at dawn, I was dancing half the time (no joke). This shake ended up being my gateway to including meal replacement shakes in my diet on a daily basis for the past 2 years. I did tons of research and bought Ultimate Meal, Raw Meal, Vega One, etc.
Ultimate Meal and Raw Meal are staples in my pantry now. But I am adding Metabolic Reset back in to my rotation because of its superior effects on my metabolism and weight maintenance. My dirty secret is that I had been a closet smoker for 20 years and recently quit. I was dismayed and shocked when none of my jeans fit over my hips two weeks into quitting. I never had weight issues in my life till now! Can barely wait to start back on Metabolic Reset as I am certain it is good arsenal to have in my tool kit to keep my weight down and help me feel energized. This is a fantastic shake, in my opinion, and far better tasting than any other Ive tried. It does exactly what its designed to do.
Note: I see a lot of people complaining about stomach issues with this product. The culprit hands down is Xylitol. Xylitol is excellent health wise, but it ALWAYS takes time for your body to adjust to it if you are not accustomed to it. I wish the people at Natures Way would provide this information on the container. The best way to get used to xylitol is to introduce it in small increments for the first week. Add more each day. Start with a small amount, and day by day increase till you have the full shake serving. If you dont do this you will likely feel really sick from it. It may even feel like food poisoning if you overdo it. The symptoms of too much xylitol are farting, bloating, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. However if you introduce the shake slowly you will likely avoid ALL of those symptoms.
Also... Xylitol will have a sugar cleansing effect on your system. This can manifest as intense sugar cravings for the first week or so into using the shake as directed (along with the gas and bloating). The xylitol in this shake literally kills candida (sugar-eating bacteria in your gut). I would recommend cutting sugar completely out of your diet while using this product. I know thats really hard for some people to achieve, but sugar IS the culprit behind most weight gain issues... As well as what will make your discomfort worse while adjusting to this shake.... That and processed packaged foods. If you cut out sugar, you will absolutely and effortlessly lose weight, and quickly. Sugar is also a drug. So you do go through actual mood swings and withdrawals when you first start cutting sugar out of your diet. But hang in there, it should go away within one week, and you will rebalance. I have studied the effects of sugar on the body and brain for 20 years.
A little bit about xylitol: You can do your own research, but as to the benefits of xylitol, they are... Prevention of tooth decay, tastes exactly like sugar, thickens epidermis leading to looking young longer (sort of like internal retin-a) safe for diabetics, etc. I personally love xylitol... I think its a miracle. I brush my teeth with it, use it as mouthwash, I put it in baked gods, chai tea, etc. As I said... dont be lazy... do your own research and come to your own conclusions.
Lastly, I'd like to add that while this is relatively healthy as far as shakes go, in the rare times I can afford it I also buy Miracle Reds and Miracle Greens (high quality powdered fruits and veggies and supplements) and I add a scoop of each to this shake. Doing this makes this shake my absolute favorite solution and if I could, I would do this all the time and use this shake always. It rounds out the meal and turns this shake from a simple weight loss tool into a very nutrient rich meal. However, this is a really expensive way to go. If you can afford it, I highly recommend doing this.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 26, 2012
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630g
I have been using this for about five weeks now and have lost nine pounds. I have it for breakfast and lunch and then have a lite dinner. I'm older and weight loss is very, very difficult for me. So I'm thrilled. I also had some of the gastric problems at first, as others have claimed, but I liked the taste, so I just kept with it. The first week was very hard. It filled me up, but it really does take time to get your food cravings under control The first week is always very hard when changing eating habits.

I mix mine with eight ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and it's soooooo creamy... much creamer than mixing with nonfat milk, and it's only forty calories, instead of the eighty for skim milk! Also, if you are having problems digesting this at first, try mixing it with water, rather than milk, or almond milk until, until you can tolerate it. That worked for me. Good luck!
on April 9, 2012
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
This product is perfect for suppressing my appetite, and it taste pretty good. I mix with water, not too much, just exactly 8 oz. I drink one for breakfast, eat a light lunch, drink one around 3:00 pm, eat a light dinner. I have lost 5 lbs in one week while taking this.
on July 2, 2014
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
I'm sitting here writing this review while I drink one for lunch!

Being extremely overweight for a majority of my life, I knew something needed to change. I did a lot of research on "weight loss shakes" and determined that Metabolic Reset would probably work the best for me. Only 130 calories in 2 scoops, only 1 gram of sugar, and it was the first one where I actually read the word "delicious" in the reviews. In my experience, most protein shakes have a very strong taste that is hard to mask - leading you to adding different things to alter the flavor and greatly increasing the calories, thereby defeating the entire purpose.

I bought all three flavors, and I have to say that Strawberry is my favorite when it's unaltered. With the chocolate and vanilla still tasty without any additions, I do sometimes like to put a tablespoon of PB2 (powdered peanut butter) in it for a little extra protein. Unlike peanut butter, PB2 is very low in fat and calories. In 2 tablespoons (and trust me, 1 is enough per shake) there are only 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat.

I originally started mixing my shakes with whole milk, because I am weird about lower fat milks. While it made them delicious, I knew I couldn't keep mixing them with something that had as many calories as the mix itself. I went to WalMart and found "Almond Breeze" which is an almond milk made by Blue Diamond. The unsweetened vanilla has only 30 calories per 8oz serving (which is exactly what you need for 1 shake) and I literally cannot tell a difference in taste or texture from using whole milk.

I am on day 7 and I am already down 5 pounds! Good luck to you on your journey!
on March 9, 2012
Flavor Name: VanillaSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
These taste great & are really good for you. I have had one everyday now for 200 days. With eating healthy & exercise I've lost 50 pounds starting my day with one has really helped me. Or for lunch or just a snack. Sometimes I add peanut butter :p
on April 27, 2013
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
Sadly, I was in a bad relationship for way too long and ended up gaining 100lbs. Over the last couple years I have tried exercise, various diets and nothing worked. I finally found that as a vegetarian I wasn't getting enough protein and it was most likely my fat and carb intake that was preventing me from never feeling satiated and prevented me from losing weight. I've triend a lot of protein drinks, but I always ended up hungry an hour or two later. I tried the metabolic reset and VOILA, I'm no longer hungry. In fact, I now have to force myself to drink more shakes to ensure I get enough calories in a day. Best yet, I've been drinking these shakes 3-4 times a day since 6 weeks ago and I am now down 25lbs. I'm not even exercising. The only issue I've had so far is that it does make you a little gassy. This could probably be curbed with a digestive enzyme. Overall, I couldn't be happier about this product.
on September 23, 2013
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
Price -Too expensive for the amount that you're given. They filled up half the bottle, just make the bottle smaller to reduce waste. I don't get these people.

Taste - It doesn't really taste like chocolate. It tastes like stale nesquick.

Ingredients - It contains soy lecithin which i am sensitive to and shouldn't be consumed by men. Xylitol which is a chemical that causes bloating and diarrhea in most people including myself. Maltodextrin which is created in a factory and is a form of refined sugar that promotes an increase in weight gain. It has as many calories per gram as sugar but it is more harmful as it rapidly raises insulin levels...so why didn't they just add normal sugar? There are new studies that also show that whey protein isolate is harmful to your health. You want to use Whey protein concentrate.

This product is called "nature's way" but it is in no way natural. Go elsewhere.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 23, 2014
Flavor Name: StrawberrySize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
I bought this at the same time as getting Shakeology. I could go all day about the differences but let me keep this brief. I'll list pros and cons comparing to Shakeology below:

Pros:
-SOOOOOOO MUCH CHEAPER, literally a fraction of the price. You could buy 4 of these before you reach the price of shakeology
-You get alot in this container, roughly will last about a month if you drink it 5 days a week
-Decent taste
-To replace the vitamins your missing in shakeology all you need is a multivitamin
-Keeps me hunger-free until noon, but this is when I make it into a roughly 40 oz smoothy

Cons:
-Does not taste as good as Shakeology, but if you make it into a smoothy and add strawberries, etc you wouldn't notice the difference
-When tasted alone it has a slightly chalky taste. I rarely have it alone though
-Need to purchase multi vitamin to replace supplements missing
on April 11, 2013
Flavor Name: ChocolateSize Name: 630gVerified Purchase
This stuff actually tastes pretty good once you've had it about three times. The first time it kind of has a "synthetic sweetner" taste, but after the third time, you get used to it and it's yummy! I mix 1 scoop of the chocolate with half a banana and a cup of almond milk and it tastes like a milkshake. For only 140 calories/shake, it keeps me full for about three hours. If I used the two scoops like it recommends, it would probably keep me full a lot longer. This product has helped me get my eating under control and keep my calories low for the day. I've been using it to replace breakfast and lunch for about a week and half lost 3 pounds. Thanks Metabolic Reset!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations