5.0 out of 5 stars Better Results Than The Dermatologist
Published on November 1, 2010 by Jamwife

2.0 out of 5 stars helped but not what cured son's mollescum
Published on January 1, 2012 by mjord

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Results Than The Dermatologist, November 1, 2010
This review is from: Naturopathix Zymaderm for Molluscum Contagiosum (Health and Beauty)
My two daughters were fighting with small outbreaks of Molluscum Contagiosum and every two weeks we were making trips to the dermatologist for treatments. With our insurance we were paying $15/child each visit. That's a total of $60/month. After 3 months of treatments we were seeing little results. The larger molluscum needed 2-3 treatments before any results were seen and it seemed as if everytime they were treated at the dermatologist 3-4 new molluscum bumps would appear. It was a never-ending and expensive cycyle. It was also becoming more and more stressful for my 3-year old because she hated to take her shirt off at the dermatologist office.

I was getting close to my witt's end. Especially when I noticed a new molluscum bump on my 5-year old daughter near her gentitals and two new bumps on my 3-year olds neck and chin. It felt as if we were fighting this VERY expensive fight with no armor and I felt helpless as if my only option was the dermatologist.

In desperation I searched the internet and came upon ZymaDerm. After reading the reviews and knowing that I could return the product if it didn't work were sellers for me. The next day I went to my local Walgreens and purchased ZymaDerm for $24.99. We have been faithfully applying the product twice a day (morning and bedtime). The results are AMAZING! It has been less than two weeks and both of my daughters molluscum are either gone or 90% gone. And the best part - it's painless. They get no painful blisters like what happens when they would be treated at the dermatologist office and I can do it in the comfort of our home with no stress.

Also, the information in the packet of ZymaDerm gave me more infortmation than our dermatolgist office. NEVER did the dermatolgist suggest that they not bathe together or share towels. Now they take seperate baths and use seperate towels and we wash everything after one use just to be on the safe side.

I would highly recommend using ZymaDerm first before heading out the the dermatolgist and if we ever have a molluscum outbreak at our house again I would definately purchase ZymaDerm again!

2.0 out of 5 stars helped but not what cured son's mollescum, January 1, 2012
ZymaDerm seemed to help for a while to keep the mollescum from spreading, but it did not make even one of our 18 month old son's warts disappear. I used one bottle of ZymaDerm, even with the recommended body wash, and then became concerned about continuing treatment. It seemed to irritate his skin after a while, and I didn't like that so much of this medication was being absorbed through his skin without results. It did seem to keep the warts small and contained for a while. However, after several months, the warts began to spread pretty aggressively. I tried some other options which also didn't work for us...apple cider vinegar applications and straight tea tree oil (also found out this could be very dangerous if ingested). After a year of no luck and almost up to thirty warts, I tried Compound W (salyclic acid) on the biggest warts. Only one or two applications and they were gone within 1-2 weeks! Then, I tried Johnson & Johnson Clean and Clear, which is also salyclic acid but a lower concentration. This also worked on some of the less stubborn ones. I also learned that is important to keep the warts as dry as possible and out of the water whenever possible when you are trying to keep them from spreading. It has been a slow process but my son's warts are almost gone (just one left)! One other thing to note, on ZymaDerm, the warts shrank at first, so I thought they were going away (but didn't). However, mollescum warts usually become red and swollen right before they dry up and crust over. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results., March 20, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about this product! My 7 year old had a pretty wicked case if molluscum and I felt helpless. You should also know that I am a physician. My training taught me that although molluscum is a virus, it is "harmless" and self-limited. I was taught that there are no truly effective treatments and it will "run its course." That's just dandy until you're a parent staring at those obnoxious bumps all over your beautiful child! Leave it to the internet and Amazon reviews to find an effective treatment! I have been using this product for a few DAYS and I can see an improvement! I am hopeful for the first time in weeks. I apply this to the bumps and it's painless- a little stinky- but well tolerated by the kiddo. Some if the bumps have turned bright red, but the bumps are resolving. I did get a little concerned with the redness at first fearing a secondary bacterial infection, so we did go to the pediatrician (a doctor that trained me). Fortunately, he agreed that the redness appeared to be an immune response and NOT cellulitis (bacterial skin infection requiring antibiotics). He was pretty amazed at the progress as well. I did buy the product at Walgreens and it was less expensive. RUN, don't walk, to buy this product. It's truly the best option out there and there's NO PAIN!!!! I highly recommend Zymaderm!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for my son, September 14, 2010
I bought ZymaDerm by Naturopathix less than a month ago for my 3 y/o son's molluscum contagiosum, which was getting worse as time progressed, although the doctor said it would heal on its own.

For those of you who are curious as to what the product is like, it comes in a small vial of thick brown glass. The screw-on cap has a thin glass tube that extends into the bottle, which one uses to dip into the liquid and dab onto the molluscum bump. The liquid itself smells and feels exactly like tea tree oil (a woody, somewhat mentholated smell and a slightly oily consistency). I know tea tree oil is said to be one of the possible cures for molluscum, and I wonder if there's any relation between ZymaDerm and tea tree oil, although the ingredients of a vial of tea tree oil and ZymaDerm are different.

The point of this review is to say that I was surprised that the drops worked almost instantly. They seemed considerably smaller the day after I applied the first dose, and so forth. In about two weeks of applying it twice a day (on clean skin), they have mostly disappeared. All that's left behind are small "scars" where the bumps once existed and where the skin is now a lighter hue than the rest of his skin. However, these scars are flat and the same texture as the rest of the skin, which leads me to believe that the virus is gone for good since there are no more bumps.

In conclusion, ZymaDerm seemed to work very quickly. I hope it's really the end of it. I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't relapse again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used with Calamine, March 1, 2014
My six year old son had Molluscum for about 6 months, 5 or 6 on his arm, I went to the doctor and like other reviewers I was told not to do anything, but when they started to look really bad ( red, swollen and infected) and my son was sent home from school because his teacher didn't believe me when I told her what he had, I really got worry and desperate; luckily I found this product and all I can say is be patient, wait a couple of weeks and you'll see improvement.
After using Zymaderm for a week I noticed the warts started to get infected, my son was scratching and was getting more warts, I was about to stop using it, but decided to get Calamine and started applying Zymaderm at night and Calamine in the mornings to alleviate the itching and today after 4 weeks of using both products most of the warts are gone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Legitimate Review, May 22, 2013
I waited a month (well more because I got lazy) to write this review because I wanted to give a very credible review. I was treating molluscum for many months with poor results (getting them frozen). Granted I did not have a very serious outbreak because I did not shave the area and was very wary about washing clothes etc but it was very anxiety inducing nontheless to know I had a contagious skin condition. Within a month of using this product I was completely clear (got this checked by a doctor). Two months later, I am still completely clear so yes, this works. It is worth it, buy and use it twice a day as advised. I actually used mine all over the area instead of just on the growths because I wanted mine to clear asap. I gave this four stars because I wanted to get the attention of skeptics who want a level headed review. It does take about a month to work but it really works, or did for me in any case. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this product IT WORKS!!, November 4, 2013
I have been dealing with molluscum contagiosum on my son for almost 2 yrs its been a nightmare for my son and myself. The dermatologist would prescribe me creams and steroid creams and then would burn each one off which then would bubble and open up and cause pain for my sweet boy. There were to many dots as my son calls it to keep doing this same treatment, they kept telling me this is all we can do, and still collecting my money. I had a pediatrician tell me about zymaderm so I ordered it we have been applying now for 5 weeks and I can see it going away. This WORKS!! As soon as my son is completely healed which I would say probably another 5 weeks, I will contacting his dermatologist to share information so they can help out other parents in my situation. This treatment does not hurt, it's painless. When bumps get red and irritated you know it's working. Hang in there :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This product WILL get rid of molluscum contagiously, March 6, 2013
My eldest girl aged 15 had this on the back of her leg...it lasted over two years and she would not wear shorts on the hottest days! She was lucky that she only had about four but at her age she was embarrassed as people kept asking her. We used wart treatment etc
my 7 year old has had it for 6 months or more. The doctor really said it would go in two years....my 7 year old had about 30 on her front leg and ten behind her knee a few on her tummy. I was getting really worried they would spread to her face.
I sent for this product and immediately saw the benefit and they didn't spread.... I put it on morning and night...
6-8 weeks on we have about 4/6 left which are much smaller and I have no doubt are on their way out...buy this...it really worked for me and I think it is a disgrace that doctors do not tell worried parents about this!!!
My little girl was already worried about wearing shorts in summer...already she would be able to...

5.0 out of 5 stars Zyma Derm, October 25, 2013
We have been using the prescriptions that the doctor's have prescribed for over six months with very little results. A friend told us about this "natural" product and we've see results within weeks and the problem is almost gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cures it!, December 16, 2012
My 13 year old son got molluscum from wrestling which got infected. Then he had to go to the doctor. They gave him an antibiotic and said the molluscum would eventually go away because it is time limited. Not very true. Less than 6 months later, it spread between both inner thighs. I realized we had to do something to combat this stuff quick so I looked online, found Zymaderm and was a little skeptical. I bought it anyway. It does have an odor which my son balks about so we only do it once every evening so he doesn't smell in school. (It says to be done twice daily) Anyhow, it is WORKING! After a couple weeks, I have seen HUGE improvement and many of the spots are already gone! I am so pleased. It seems to dissolve them in a way. Don't be alarmed because the molluscum does turn red and dries up. It almost seems like it looks to be getting infected but that is the sign that they are getting ready to disappear. It looks worse before it gets better. Zymaderm is definetly worth the money. It saves money and trips to the doctor, and I'm sure saves pain from any treatments that they may do. BUY Zymaderm to combat Molluscum!

Naturopathix Zymaderm for Molluscum Contagiosum