Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: Grey/Orange|Change
Price:$202.49+ Free shipping

on June 11, 2013
FYI. The sizes on these are not noted so here they are. 28" Pullman, 25" Pullman, 21" Pullman, & 17" Tote.
0Comment| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2012
We bought this as a gift for our daughter, who now needs her first decent set of luggage. After shopping at discount stores like Target & Walmart, we quickly discovered that the cheap stuff was pretty poor quality. Also many of the sets with cute patterns were also built poorly. The better sets are very expensive. This Nautica set bridges the gap perfectly and is very affordable. The bags all are built a little on the heavy side, with high-quality hardware, stitching, handles and rugged fabric. The black color is typical but doesn't show dirt or scuffs. The blue trim helps it stand out from other luggage. The suitcases fit perfectly inside each other when stored and expand for additional storage. Inside there are the usual features like mesh and pockets. The duffle is the perfect size and weight for a carry on. Also the zippers appear to be very rugged with oversize pulls and locking loops to add small padlocks or zip ties, if you're security minded.

Our daughter was extremely pleased with this set, even if it didn't have zebra stripes, pink flowers or Hello Kitty on it and they should last for many years.
on June 16, 2013
I purchased 2 sets of Nautica luggage about 15 months ago to replace our aging (10+ year old) sets. The purchase through Amazon was fine. The luggage is nice looking and easy to spot in baggage claim. They're also roomy inside and surprising light (not the lightest, but much lighter than our previous set).

Unfortunately the durability on this luggage is terrible. We've had 3 handles rip from their rivets in the last 6 months. We're not overloading them, in most cases we don't exceed 40 lbs and since you can't check baggage at over 50 lbs without a surcharge we've never been over that limit. We're also not extensive travelers. None of the pieces have been used more than 3 times at this point.

The fun begins when you try to make a warranty claim. Nautica warranties are handled by Randa Luggage. They only have e-mail correspondence and there are no service centers - they require you to send in photos of the damage upon which they will either mail you parts to fix it yourself or (if they deem non-fixable) replace the luggage. All of this takes 5 weeks minimum (they claim 3-5, but that hasn't been my experience). Not only is this a hassle I'm concerned the handles will continue to break and I've wasted a fairly good chunk of money on items which I'll be lucky to get just 2-3 years out of.

My recommendation would be stay away from Nautica and go with a company that has authorized service centers and a real warranty. Good luck.
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2014
I;m a little OCD about ordering things. Bad for me. But good for you as I spent weeks looking over various luggage options. I almost went to Tumi, which I really like. But decided to get a Nautica set last min due to price. Luggage gets destroyed by baggage handlers and I don't really like advertising I might have expensive items in my luggage by having expensive looking luggage.

SO here is what made me buy this set. My sister is the perfect product tester... of how much abuse a product can take and still work. I write off anything i let her borrow. So when my last two sets of pierre cardin luggage were trashed in less than 10 flights each. And she had this set of Nautica that was going strong 5 years later..... I gave it a strong look.
I don't think its Nautica that can get the praise here. Because there are other Nautica sets (more expensive ones too) that do not get the same reviews as this set does. For whatever reason this particular set was made very well.

I have used this set now on a couple flights and it is holding up perfectly. I repeat again... For the price, this is the best set you can get. So, take a look at the reviews ... you will eventually come to the same conclusion as me.
on November 6, 2015
I waited a little while to comment on this set of luggage until they had logged some miles, they have now been on a road trip vacation, 2 round trip flights in the states, once over seas and I have to say I am shocked. I was right down the middle after reading the reviews on whether to order this set of luggage or not.
Lets face it the days of getting a quality durable luggage set like you keep all your life like your Grandparents got have long since past, unless you want to drop some serious cash. Most of the luggage made in today's market is from overseas and lower in not only quality but hardware as well. We took a chance on this set and the wife chose to go with red. Most people like the 4 roller wheels so they can push there luggage up right. I however did not want those type of rollers as most in today's market are cheap. Numerous times I have seen people grab their luggage at baggage claim with a roller or 2 missing that broke off during the flight, not to mention the length of the rollers count against luggage restrictions. We wanted the hidden wheels tucked away and have no problem pulling our luggage from behind.
This set come with 4 pieces as pictured and yes upfront the purse type bag was pretty cheap in quality and as other have said the liner is pretty sub-par, but as the wife said we really go this set for the luggage and she could careless about the bag. I like the 3 different sizes and they pack up well, we have not had any issues with handles breaking and the medal slide handles have also held up. Sure they aren't titanium alloy able to with stand a truck running over them, but they work fine for our needs. Plenty of pockets inside and out of all 3 pieces and the liners are about what we expected. As other have said they are easy to spot at baggage claim as said before we got red and Im not sure Nautica has caught on yet but at $ 225 a set it wont be long. Shipping was fast with no issues and they came packed inside each other in one box, which by the way makes them nice to pack away in the closet in the same fashion during the off season.
When buying a set of today's luggage depending on the amount of traveling you do if you try to get say 5 yrs out of a set then I think this group will be just fine, because in the end to me it is better to have a couple hundred dollars of luggage getting thrown around by the baggage handlers, then dropping a few grand on a set that will get treated the same way, and in the end, probably last just as long as there is no first class for luggage under the plane, they all ride in coach.
on September 18, 2012
This is our third sets of Nautica luggage. Our sons took our old sets. We took them with us to several continents and they are working great. Love the Nautica luggage.
on December 26, 2012
I had this bought for our vacation to mexico and las vegas back in August 2012, when I puchased it I was realy impresed with the value for money and the lovely style and well crafted product. I tried to get as lightweight a product as possible to max out on our baggage allowances and this did a very good job. The only disappointment I have is that the largest one (most important) the main carry handle broke off when I went to retrieve it from the carousel at Las Vegas airport either the damn guys mishandled it or it was just too flimsy and I think its the latter. The damn handle broke in a manner where it cant even now get retracted for use!!!!!
on July 23, 2012
Been in love with Nautica luggage since my first set in 2008 and after it got beat up and thrown around decided to get another set and couldn't beat this price and color combo here. This cobalt blue is quite vibrant and stands out nicely against other bags and the best part was ebags shipped on time and with no issues. (although I dont know why the same set was on here being sold by ebags for 197 but being sold on their site for about 230??? anyway i got the better price so no complaints here!)
on April 19, 2016
After having wheels fall of my old luggage along with rips and tears after only moderate use, I decided to upgrade to this set. I am not disappointed. I wanted to wait to write a review because I wanted to take these bags on a handful of trips before I could accurately review them. So far I have been on six trips with them and they look brand new still. Not a single tear, scuff, nothing. The wheels are encased in the suitcase as opposed to being mounted on the outside which is a wonderful feature as they are holding up and will no fall off. The material is rugged and the handles are very sturdy. The colors are also very nice as I feel that the gray is fairly stain resistant and the luggage still looks sleek. The carry one is one of the largest I have seen and just meets the standards for most airline carry ons. The bags themselves contain a great deal of space and the larger one comes with a plastic removable zipped compartment for liquids. Overall, very satisfied.
on May 8, 2016
First trip from Chicago via Boston via Berlin to Helsinki and the handle of the largest bag was gone - just mangled sharp metal poked dangerously from the bag. I couldn't wait and try to figure out whose fault it was - there were 2 different airlines in the process. I had a choice ---to catch a bus which was the last bus for the day for the last 5 hours of the journey or go and find some airline person who would care about my broken luggage and then pay to stay in a hotel in Helsinki (not a cheap city). Of course I had to leave. I couldn't afford to pay $200+ in hopes of getting $100? from the airline. And, really, whose fault was this? Obviously my bag got processed in the powerful luggage handling machinery in Chicago, in Boston, in Berlin, and in Helsinki, and it should have withstand the standard treatment and it didn't. So it is the luggage manufacturer's fault. I remember filling a warranty card sometime over a year ago when I bought the bag, but I cannot find it, and it probably would be out of warranty in any case :( . I would not buy another one of Nautica brand luggage pieces. In any case, they are heavy and clumsy. The best use I have gotten from this set is the small tote bag - it fits my laptop and that is what I use it for. (I did take photos but now I cannot find them. If I do, I'll update this.