5.0 out of 5 stars Big, Orange, Awesome

2.0 out of 5 stars Band impossible to clean up
Published on December 18, 2010 by J. Pisk

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, Orange, Awesome, August 16, 2010
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
First off just to clear thing up: the watch that you get is NOT the watch in the amazon photos but is the watch in reviewer Pimentón's photos. Just a head's up. What you get is a big, sharp chronograph with a great, clear face and a thick eye catching band to match. The orange stands out and the face is stunning. I've been getting compliments on this watch from the minute I strapped it on. In the course of the first week owning it it has been in a pool, Lake George, Coney Island and a hot tub. Not a single problem to report. It's a great summer watch. I'm strongly considering getting the blue face/band one for the non-summer months. Yeah, it's that good.

Edit: It seems as though Amazon has corrected their photo issue. Good work guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graet value for a good looking watch, July 12, 2009
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
This watch is very good value and many people have asked "how much was that?" When I explained they were amazed and thought it looked very much more expensive!!
One draw back however, the rubber starp is very difficult to keep clean, any dirt that you may collect on the strap from normal daily wearing is almost impossible to clean off!!??? And it shows! ANy ideas on what will shift it??

2.0 out of 5 stars Band impossible to clean up, December 18, 2010
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I like how this watch looks and feels on the hand. However, the wrist band gets dirty during normal daily use and is impossible to clean it up. I tried various soaps, alcohol, and lighter fluid. I tried almost anything that came across my mind, just name it. It was so annoying that I stopped wearing it after 2 weeks. Now I have nice looking watch with horrible wrist band sitting in my drawer. 2 stars for huge disappointment. If you are fussy about your wrist band (as I am), stay away from bright coloured ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nautica Watch, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I am very fussy when it comes to watches.
I really liked the color scheme on the orange chrono and in reality it is just as it looks online.

The watch is lovely and has a good weight but I just don't understand how the strap gets dirty so fast.

This is really irritating and I'd have considered differently about buying it had i known that the strap would start to look
dirty after 20 min wear. (and that's in the office with a suit on, not outdoor work).

if anyone can recommend an effective method of cleaning the strap that would be a good start.

great watch, but the strap is a real downside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice stuff, September 13, 2009
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I own several watches and seriously this one is one of my favorite. If you are a big watch fan this one os for you, its really massive and looks great!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch creates humidity inside when exppse to water, June 27, 2010
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
This Nautica watch is suppossed to resist water exposure but when I was on my pool for about a few hours it creates humidity in the central inside part of it. I dont know if it is a manufacture problem but it happens every time its exposed to water.

4.0 out of 5 stars L.Thomas, February 21, 2011
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I love this watch but the only draw back is, the orange band gets DIRTY and there is nothing that you can clean it w/!!! Remedy.........get a new band!!! But other than that the watch is great so far!! I still have the orig.band on it. I figure that I will wear it and see what the band looks like later during the summer.The wear and dirt may develop it's own look n style....who knows, but if it gets to nasty I will get a new Band!!!!

L.Thomas
West Chester,Pa.

5.0 out of 5 stars great looking watch, worked well, December 8, 2011
Dan Dattilo (Madison, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
This watch kept as good of time as any that I own. I received more compliments on this watch than I do with my Breitling or my Rolex.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LOOKING SPORTY WATCH THAT FUNCTIONS VERY WELL, October 17, 2011
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
If you like a sporty watch that looks sharp, feels great, and performs well in water, then look no further. The price of this watch has varied as much as $35 or $40 in either direction of the current listing price.

The watch wears well and turns some heads because of its sharp design and striking color. Comfortable to wear, the important parts of the face will glow in the dark. All in all, a winner for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Review....., March 2, 2011
This review is from: Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I replaced the orange strap with a black one. Great watch, screw down crown and the hands line up with the markers.

Nautica Men's N14538G NST Stainless Steel Watch