Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on July 2, 2014
Overall, a great bag. I picked it up at a decimated price, so for me, value is off the charts. At mid 100-200, this might be a bit more luxury than value.

One star removed as leather (handles especially) bled dye onto clothing (I've spent a good amount of time wiping down, hopefully that resolves it). Additionally, while the magnetic quick-snaps on the outer pockets rock, I would prefer to be able to securely snap them as well, and it would be better if the leather snap straps could be extended to allow the pockets to be secured when completely filled.

Great aesthetics, size is perfect, construction seems hardy and of excellent quality, accents are very nice. All the materials have a very nice 'feel' to them, and the whole bag meshes well. Very usable compartments. Used this bag for a 5-day trip, and managed to stuff everything in with a bit to spare. Haven't witnessed it in the rain/damp. Will have to check back in after further use.

Product ad: http://youtu.be/gAdvYJa--6M?list=UUEDATXJE67MQbr6aWhOw3MA
review image review image review image
on June 22, 2015
Update #2: The leather tabs they sent me arrived already enclosed around strong brass rings, which made my self-repair job more difficult. I had to find two pairs of pliers to separate the brass rings (scratching them in the process), then reconnect them around the zippers. The end result is far from perfect and I'm not really happy with this as a solution to shoddy manufacturing. Not buying a Navali bag again.

-------------------
Update: After reaching out to customer service, the company is sending me a new pack of leather tabs to reattach to the zippers. I'm happy they've made an attempt to resolve this issue and found their customer service to be very helpful and easy to contact.

-------------------
Original review:
See the little leather tabs on the zipper heads? They're super easy to break and will likely fall off within 1-2 weeks of using this bag. I've only been using it for occasional trips over the past few months and ALL of them have now fallen off due to the little brass rivets coming apart.

This company seems to have issues with the quality of the rivets they use. On this bag AND the leather mainstay messenger bag, the rivets have broken off. The leather mainstay messenger bag uses them to connect the strap to the bag itself, so now that one of them has broken the bag is unusable.

While their bags are visually attractive, the manufacturing quality is very poor. Not going with them again.
review image
on March 23, 2015
This bag is awesome. I just subjected this thing to a beating by dragging it with me all over Europe for the past week and a half and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase.

To get my only (minor) complaints out of the way:

1. The magnetic clasps on the two front pockets are a really nice touch, but they came unclasped far too easily, IMO. This was a little unnerving at times, using this thing through airports, train stations and other public places with pickpockets in mind. I'm sure this wouldn't happen as much if I didn't have the bag so crammed full of stuff.

2. The strap itself isn't leather - it's canvas. It held up just fine, but the metal buckle used to adjust the strap length didn't stay put too well, which resulted in me adjusting the strap pretty regularly when it slipped around. That buckle also has a small pin in it that got stuck on my clothes a few times too.

Those are really my only complaints - and I gave this bag a 5 star rating for a reason, so now on to the good stuff!

When I was looking for a bag, there were three things that were important for me:

1. Big enough to work for longer than weekend trips (while not being a full-sized duffel bag)
2. High quality and durable, with real leather trim
3. Stylish design that would age well

As far as size goes, I was able to fit everything I needed for a 9 day trip into this thing. Granted, I'm a really light packer, but the thing seemed to just keep growing and growing as I needed more space!

With regard to construction, the zipper on the top is firmly built and held up well to the stretching from stuffing more and more into it. By the end of the trip, the bag weighed probably close to 40 pounds and I can still see no signs of wear on the leather trim where the shoulder strap connects to the main body of the bag. The two top handles are very strongly built too, and the leather is really high quality.

The hunt for a bag like this was a long one. I actually bought a different bag from a different seller on Amazon a couple of months ago and was disappointed to receive a bag that was much smaller than described and had scanty fake leather trim. A lot of the other bags out there are cheaply-made imports and it's hard to tell if their size is actually as described. Not so with this one!

I'm generally a pretty cheap person, so it was hard to shell out the extra money for a premium bag, but I could not be happier with this purchase. I would recommend this bag to anyone who needs a versatile, well-built, classy travel bag. It's bigger and better-built than most weekender bags I've seen out there, without being as big as a typical duffel bag.
on September 2, 2015
Durability is iffy, but the customer service is top notch. One of the zipper tags fell apart after using it, and customer support reached out to me five minutes (YES, FIVE MINUTES) after I sent out my email complaining about my bag to provide extra zipper tags. Otherwise, I get plenty of compliments and the bag works well for a weekend trip.

One major gripe is that the leather kind of bleeds onto your pants. You might not want to wear light colored pants the first couple of times using the bag.
on December 16, 2015
I purchased it at a great price which makes it more awesome. Looks to be solid quality canvas, leather, and hardware. Based on other reviews, I tugged on the zipper pulls and so far so good. (Take some large safety pins/ribbon with you for a quick fix if you are worried) I do agree that the magnetic closures on the two front pockets are easy to open, so if you are worried about pickpockets - I would NOT put anything terribly important in them. I thought perhaps a book, dirty socks (haha), or traveling snacks. To be fair, I think they are normal for magnetic closures (which are for quick easy access). I purchased it for a low key, 5 day vaca by the beach and this will be perfect. Originally, I kept thinking I needed more of a tall, tote (which looks chic but to be honest when packing .. not so great) but this is squat, rectangular and perfect for packing. I feel it will be easy to stuff in an overhead compartment or under a plane seat no problems. "Stowaway" is a good name.
on January 1, 2016
This is a damn good bag... Rugged and solid... It could be wider, but it works perfectly for a weekend bag... If you're and IT nerd like me, you'll still need to bring your laptop bag as well... This just doesn't have enough room for clothes and gadgets... Still, I don't think I was really expecting that...

I do need to contact the seller/manufacturer, as the leather pulls that attach to the zippers keep popping off... That is the only gripe I have on this otherwise wonderful bag...
review image
on May 27, 2016
Love the bag and love Navali, this makes my fourth purchase from Navali and every item has been fantastic- great build quality, clean original look and extremely durable! Their customer service is second to none, they've answered every question quickly and beyond professionally. They have a customer for life with me!
on June 20, 2016
I've only had a few opportunities to use this bag so far. I can't say it holds up for years - but based upon how well made it seems, I think it will. Roomy enough for a three day weekend. Comfortable to carry. Great value - easy to pay 2 or 3x as much.
on June 20, 2016
As many reviews have stated, the leather strap on the zipper came off immediately upon opening the bag. I have not tried to even use the other strap since it will probably come off and leave a "zipper" showing. The front pockets are spacious but the magnet that holds it shut is just not strong enough to make me feel secure about the pocket.
on September 5, 2015
I have been using this bag for a number of months and have been extremely happy with it. This weekender bag is very spacious as I have actully used it for a 5 day trip in a pinch. I did have an issue with one of the zipper pulls coming off the first week I owned it, but I contacted the company and they sent sturdier replacement pulls and I haven't had any issues since. They customer service was very responsive and nice to deal with. Overall I love the space, look and feel of this bag and have recommended it to a couple of friends of mine.

See 1 answered question