Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Navitas Naturals Lucuma Powder 8 oz (227 grams) Pkg
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 26, 2013
I discovered lucuma's health secrets by reading endless resources online, and let me tell you, this is a superfood that truly rises above all others. It's also a type of 'green' but fortunately doesn't have a strong aftertaste or adverse affect on the gut that could create unwanted reactions. Lucuma is good stuff and really should be incorporated into your diet. It lives up to all it's touted, and does provide endless benefits. I'm a strong advocate for smoothies, and my husband and I make a concoction of various superfoods and fruits to create what we call the 'superfood smoothie for longevity'. It's amazing how well a banana can mask unpleasant aftertastes from some of the greens and various herbal additions, but it also makes many of these very healthy plants palatable and easy to digest. Nobody enjoys forcing themselves to eat something that has a strong taste or is unpleasant. They want to enjoy their healthy superfoods, but not everything can be eaten with great pleasure like blueberries and tart cherries. Certain herbs simply must be in powder form and take on a different affect that can leave a strong aftertaste. I know of some people that love crunching on their kelp 'crackers', but I gag at the thought. I know it would be good for me, but I simply cannot stomach a fishy taste or aftertaste. So having something as valuable as lucuma arrive in a powdered form allows us to add it to a recipe that is tasty, easy to make, and refreshing. We get all the health benefits without having to pinch our noses to force it down. I highly recommend this superfood to all that enjoy being healthy and want to aid in their immune system's ability to fend for itself. It is excellent! This company produces a pure and organic version, an additional reason as to why we selected this label.
on November 26, 2013
I have long been impressed by Navitas Naturals, but their Lucuma powder is delicious. I used it in some vegan, gluten-free butterscotch cookies, a caramel apple smoothie, and some apple-spice compote and each time the results are impressive. The caramel flavor is rich and delectable, but dairy-free. The bag has enough to last for a while (especially since most recipes call for only a teaspoon or two) and I love that a little goes a long way.
This is definitely worth adding to your pantry if you are a creative chef!
on August 6, 2013
I use lucuma powder in a banana bread recipe that I found in Superfood Kitchen by Julie Morris. The powder is a low-glycemic, high-nutritional sweetener that comes from a Peruvian fruit. And it tastes absolutely delicious. Win-win-win!!
on August 11, 2013
I have eaten the real fruit when I was in Chile. This product did a good job in providing the flavor I have been remembering.
on June 28, 2014
Unfortunately, the flavor and sweetness is not even reminiscent of the fruit. Nor did it function in ice cream. It may have other uses, but it did not work for me as I had hoped.
on December 8, 2014
Lucuma is my favorite super food to add to smoothies because of its pleasant flavor that quietly melds the taste of bitter or hot.elements into a uniformly palatable flavor. The underlying nutritional benefits can't be denied. This brand has quality.
on March 20, 2016
Sweeeet lucuma!I love the flavor of this. I bought 2 different brands (Naita/Terrasoul) and both are identical. Lucuma has a maple/brown sugar flavor your kids will easily adapt to. Gives you your beta carotene, iron, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium, and protein without even knowing it. Smoothies, pancakes, ice ream i use it on everything. Will continue to buy it again. Terrasouls resealable bag works better. This resealable bag broke as i opened it. The top ziplock came off. I had to rebag it.
on August 25, 2013
Great to find a source of good, organic, whole food. Product is amazing. Called for in many of the whole food, (David Wolfe) recipes...from energy drink to staple. Great product and amazingly quick deliver.
on July 23, 2013
I use this to naturally sweeten my protein drink without sugar or harmful fake sweeteners. I love the fact that it is organic and the taste is mild and delightful!
on April 10, 2014
Warning: I don't eat a lot of sugar and so I tend to be more sensitive to subtle sweetness than the average American. If you're like me, you will probably really enjoy this stuff. I add it to smoothies and sometimes I just add a tablespoon to a cup of milk and enjoy it as a dessert. Supposedly it's used as an ingredient in ice cream--once the weather warms up more I will definitely try making some Lucuma ice cream!