Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 questions
vote
The package says "Certified organic cacao". It does not include any additional ingredients. It tastes like nutty chocolate chips, which I blend into my morning smoothie. I keep buying them. Hope this helps answer your question.
Oct 27, 2013 by Laptop User
vote
The obvious difference is the ingredients, but I'm sure you read that already that the sweet ones have certified organic sugar cane juice (Saccharum officinarum) and certified organic cacao liquor (Theobroma cacao). So the regular ones taste more nutty and less like a chocolate snack. The regular nibs quickly satisfy your hunger because they are so nutrient rich as opposed to eating sugar which typically gives you hunger cravings. The natural nibs can be slightly bitter, though nothing like whole cacao beans with the brown husk, which is much more bitter. However, if you eat the natural nibs with something else (I soak them along with goji berries for my cereal in the morning) such as some nuts, raisins and goji berries to make your own trail mix, you won't notice any bitter taste at all. They are good by themselves once you get used to them, but I probably wouldn't eat them as a snack by themselves. But I love them on my raw buckwheat cereal. That's one person's opinion, hope it helps.
Jun 27, 2013 by B. Naseath
vote
Their packing indicates they are dried and milled at low temperatures to preserve the essential nutrients. I can't dispute that.
Mar 31, 2014 by art
votes
you can but they are not the same thing. The nibs are unsweetened and a much healthier choice, if you are going to use choc chips I recommend dark chocolate for health value
Mar 20, 2014 by april
votes
Cocao is not a grain so they are naturally gluten free. The bag also states that they are certified gluten-free so there should be no cross-contamination.
21 days ago by Cyn in NH
votes
My package has no information leading me to think it is kosher or has kosher certification.
Nov 6, 2014 by Jenn
votes
They don't really taste like chocolate like you would get in a candy bar. They are not sweet at all. I love the texture of them mixed in my oatmeal and like to add them to ginger cookies.
21 days ago by Cyn in NH
votes
I have not vetted its claims so I don't know how to prove if it is organic. It tastes raw and fulfills my expectations.
May 24, 2014 by esther
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers