4.0 out of 5 stars works but is not a panacea
Published 19 months ago by S. Rome

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as frozen juice pulp
Published on January 29, 2009 by J. Yang

4.0 out of 5 stars works but is not a panacea, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Navitas Naturals Organic Acai Powder, 8-Ounce Pouches (Grocery)
Truth be told I buy this at my local Wegman's but there is no reason not to buy here. I am writing this review only because I am so exhausted with scams about anything healthy these days. (Example: just caught the Nopalea ad on TV and went to the web to discover, yet again, it's all BS) HOWEVER, this Acai powder really does have benefits (at least for me) I use it in a smoothie every day, and I definitely feel better afterwards. Also, I work out in the evenings and I have noticed that my workouts are much harder when I skip it.
Otherwise, I just seem to be generally healthier since I started using it. Less colds, etc. Obviously, this is just my experience, but snarky responses suggesting I am imaginging these effects are insulting. Am I "imaginging" it when I feel like crap? Anyway, this stuff works for me.

As to the other negative reviews:
1. I have no idea why anyone would think that this stuff is supposed to taste great. It's not candy, for pete's sake. Grow up.
2. Sambazon products are ok, but the frozen acai is totally over-priced IMHO, and I've had their canned beverage and it's awful (and for the record, acai is not even the main ingredient)
3. I have kept these in the cupboard (not the fridge) and have never had any issues
4. I have no idea what "Oprah said" (thank you, God) but I have no idea how an anti-oxidant rich fruit is supposed to make you lose weight

That is all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as frozen juice pulp, January 29, 2009
J. Yang (New york, NY) - See all my reviews
There's so much hype around Acai these days and just about every brand out there exploits Oprah's endorsement. But if you go to Oprah's official site, you'll see the only real endorsement is for the unsweetened pulp. My boyfriend and I have been using the Sambazon frozen pulp and love it. I felt an immediate difference. I didn't get tired at 3pm like I normally do. I was more alert and focused. I felt great. We tried the Navitas powder because it was cheaper. However, it gave me stomach aches and digestive problems. I felt no improvement in energy. I also can't stand the taste - and I'm pretty tolerant of that kind of stuff. My boyfriend hasn't experienced any negative side effects. He says he doesn't mind it. But we both prefer the Sambazon fruit pulp packs instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but terrible taste, January 31, 2009
This Navitas brand does give you a lot of quantity for your money. I do question how good this is. Acai is supposed to be frozen within 24 hours of harvesting or else it loses all the good stuff that the hype is all about. I do not know if this is or not nor could I verify it anywhere. This is the second brand I have tried and I do not feel any of the effects and this is after taking this for a month. This brand does taste terrible in comparison to the mawe 100g pouches being sold here on amazon. Mawe has a slight amount of cane sugar added and is not as finely ground. It definitely tastes better, but then it is more expensive as far as how much quantity you get per dollar spent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not mix well, January 21, 2013
Ray (Placentia, CA) - See all my reviews
Tried this product due to Sambazon acai not being available anymore for monthly shipments and price increase. Thought we would give this a try but we are back to purchasing the Sambazon. . just have to purchase 2 jars at a time. . still worth the price. This product does not mix well at all with liquids (*we were mixing with fruit juice). This product clumps up and really does not dissolve. The taste has much to be desired as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars must refrigerate after opening, October 21, 2011
Scott (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I don't see it listed on the product information section on amazon but it says on the package under recommended storage that the item should be stored in the refrigerator after opening. most dried powders do not need to be refrigerated. I thought this was an important tidbit of information that was left off the amazon page. i cannot say whether it would go bad if it wasn't kept refrigerated, just makes me a little wary wondering how long it'll keep now that it's opened. it's a lot of powder and a little goes a long way. It doesn't say use within x number of days on the package, so all you have to go by is the expiration date. the expiration date i believe is for products that haven't been opened yet. so now that it's been opened how long will it last? so my suggestion is buy it only if you plan on using it often.

as far as the actual product goes, it doesn't dissolve well in cold liquid like iced tea. I tried mixing a teaspoon worth in a glass of iced tea and stirred it up with a spoon. the color of the iced tea changed color so you know some of it did dissolve, but the majority of what i added seemed to just rise to the top in clumps. my suggestion would be to mix in a smoothie that you create in a blender. or mix in yogurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars great and cheap!, December 15, 2008
ill get the neg's out of the way. ....the bag. fist time i used it the glue holding on the ziplock part, came unglued. thats it.

as fo the product its great. many servings for a great price considering acai is an expensive product and difficult to handle. i emailed navitas and they informed me that this product is considered "RAW" so it is not denatured and none of the benefits derived are damaged or altered. plus with the powder over the liquid, you get the skin kept in the mix which with fruits and such, this is where most of the beneficials come from. so i say A+

oh and taste is great. i literally teaspoon some and just put it in my mouth twice a day. study acai and stop your other supps so you can buy this as a replacement. benefits are endless in this nutrient deficient society. and real food is the most bio-available source!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Never felt better, April 25, 2009
Teacher (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
I looked into this product for a friend who has cancer. The information sounded so promising, I decided to try it once for myself. I have mixed mine with a super-green juice every morning for about 10 days. I don't feel hungry, I haven't had headaches, best of all I don't hurt anywhere. I'm 55. I've had pain somewhere for years. I've added this to my daily routine like I did with vitamins years ago. I thought it would be good for me...I never expected to feel this good.

3.0 out of 5 stars It Tastes horrible on everything., November 17, 2008
This stuff does give you an energy boost and I believe (with proper diet and exercise) it will speed your weight loss. But, I suggest you get capsules, because this stuff is disgusting otherwise.

3.0 out of 5 stars No weight loss, March 13, 2009
I've been using this in smoothies about every other day, and haven't noticed any weight loss, but it seems to have a beneficial laxative effect. I mix about a 1/4 cup with ice, organic yogurt, a banana, and perhaps a whole orange or orange juice. Looks really grainy, and purple, but goes down easily. It doesn't seem to vary the flavor of the smoothie significantly. It's not bad tasting, to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Acai, June 10, 2014
Very expensive, but high quality. I only buy this brand and use it in every smoothie I make. You will never find good acai cheap- this is the best and worth it!

Navitas Naturals Organic Acai Powder, 8-Ounce Pouches