5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy! Excellent cashews.
Published on May 24, 2009 by K. Duvall

3.0 out of 5 stars Price went way up
I like these cashews, but the price has gone from about $22 to $32 in the last 3 months. I am now taking them off of my subscribe and save items. We were going thru 2 to 3 of the double bag packs each month. No more.
Published 17 months ago by superbirdman

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy! Excellent cashews., May 24, 2009
This review is from: Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cashews, 1 Pound Pouch (Pack of 2) (Grocery)
I have used some of Navitas products. I have been looking for over a year for a safe cashew that my son could eat. He is allergic to peanuts and most cashews are roasted in oil or processed with peanuts on the same line. These cashews never come near peanuts! YES!!!! I have missed having them. My family went through a bag in two days since we had not eaten them in a while. I love the fact they are raw and natural. I am set up on the automatic shipping of these babies. Love them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nutritious, January 23, 2008
Glen Ihrig (Burbank, CA United States) - See all my reviews
These raw cashews provide some nutrition not found anywhere else. I also found a notation that they are organically grown in Brazil on the back of the package. Companies usually have this noted boldly on the front.

These are jumbo cashews, largest I've ever seen. They have had some broken bits in some packages, but we use these in smoothies. One downside, they are so tasty, we are addicted, and usually eat more than intended. Maybe we'll get over this once we have been eating them for a few months.

All and all, I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars This easy protein keeps my blood sugar level, November 11, 2010
I'm very grateful for these cashews. And the ability to have them delivered regularly.

Eating mostly vegetarian agrees with me but I really need good protein to level out my otherwise low blood sugar. Just a small amount of cashews gets me right where I need to be. Peanuts and beans are good but just don't do the trick and I feel weak with those protein sources unless I have a few bites of cashews. In the past cashews were too expensive, especially as fast as I go thru them.

This is my fourth order of the 2-packs. They are delicious! People used to fast food won't like how natural, unsalted cashews taste, but health food folks will love how sweet these are. Better than our natural food market brands.

I always keep a bag on hand. We arrived at a friend's house in mountains only to realize the lockbox was broken, leaving us without food or a place to sleep. While it was no fun having to sleep in a car overnight in the cold, I had plenty to eat with the cashews. And although he grumbled, my husband ate plenty and we were fine the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Search for the Perfect Cashew, May 26, 2011
Cashews are a a relatively new food for me. I began eating them roasted about a year ago for nutrition. But ever since I became a raw vegan I began to find the taste of the roasted cashews spoiling and their effects on me disappointing. At this point I began my venture for RAW cashews, for they have been raved about in every raw food book I laid eyes on. I bought my first batch of raw cashews from Fresh Market, and although a little expensive, I instantly fell in love with their chewy texture and milky flavor. "These taste like cake!" I thought. After buying raw cashews from several other retailers (including Whole Foods) I never quite found the same quality as I experienced on my first venture. Then I bought Navita's. They completely blew all others out of the water! And they are organic! Creamy texture, wholesome flavor, nutrient rich. They are at a completely different level from all store bought cashews I have tried. Experience the wonder of nature and pick up a few bags!

3.0 out of 5 stars Price went way up, September 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Food and Snack, May 25, 2012
My wife was almost repulsed at the initial thought of these was "YUK".

Now I can't buy enough to keep them in stock for her.

Excellent creamy texture and mild, distinctive flavor - they even have most of the natural oils still in them (Not denatured).

AND they are excellent MOOD FOOD:
High on nuts Treating all foods as cocktails of mind-altering drugs may take some getting used to, but the upside is that eating the right things may dispense with the need for drugs such as sleeping pills or anti-depressants. "A couple of handfuls of cashew nuts delivers the same dose of serotonin naturally as Prozac does artificially," says Andrew Saul, a New York-based natural medicine consultant and author of Doctor Yourself. [...] "It's simple chemistry."
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home-roasting without added oil: No turning back!, December 21, 2012
booklover123 (east coast USA) - See all my reviews
These are excellent quality for home roasting where you can control what is added (almost nothing) to achieve the perfect roasted cashews. Don't let the number of steps put you off...it's really simple. Here's all you do:

1. Dump a bag of Navitas Naturals Raw Cashews into a bowl
2. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons water (it should NOT pool at the bottom of the bowl)
3. Add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or your other favorite)
4. STIR WELL
5. Let marinate for 6-8 hours; YES, 6-8 HOURS ... go live your life and do other things :-) ... stir every so often when you or someone else in the family passes by the bowl.
6. After 6-8 HOURS, add another 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or other favorite) while cashews are still slightly damp so salt sticks...again, STIR WELL
6. Dump marinated cashews onto non-stick foil lined rimmed baking sheet into SINGLE LAYER
7. Plop into 285-degree oven for 15 minutes (YES, EXACTLY 285-degrees, or you are on your own and I cannot take blame for burnt or under-roasted cashews)
8. Take out cashews and give them a good stir
9. Plunk back into 285-degree oven for another 15 minutes: DO NOT OVERCOOK; these babies can go from golden to burnt quickly; give them the attention they deserve and they will not disappoint you; same as with people :-)
10. Remove cashews, let them cool and "re-harden" thoroughly for 45-60 minutes
11. Good luck keeping these little gems around for very long :-)

I know that these have "kept" perfectly on the counter in a TIGHTLY SEALED GLASS container (see Pyrex or Rubbermaid for good options) for 1 week, and were gobbled up by that time._

5.0 out of 5 stars DELICIOUS, October 23, 2013
These Navitas cashews are plump and fresh and just delicious. I went through the two bags with alarming speed. My only problem with these is the price. I just can't afford them on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most delicious cashews I've ever had!, May 27, 2013
The freshest tasting purest and most wonderful cashews I've ever eaten...or wolfed down!

Even though they are salt free and unroasted they are so delicious I could sit here and eat them all night.

Health-wise, I like these since I just found out that many supermarket nuts are gassed with propylene oxide to kill any possible pathogens. I would much rather buy from a small organic supplier which doesn't treat the nuts this way. Navitas Naturals' website says it uses a special low-heat process to extract the cashews from the bitter outer shells. I have no independent confirmation that this is different from any nuts but I must say they certainly TASTE like they have been treated more gently and naturally that other nuts.

So far I haven't felt the need to roast them, but if I do I'll try at 375 degrees for ten minutes (same way I roast pine nuts) and will post here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Live off these!, May 27, 2013
B. Carr "gogirlusa" (Saint Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
My husband and I live off these! Raw cashews are sooo yummy and healthy. They are always so fresh and never taste stale some brands I've purchased in the past. We eat these every morning with our protein shakes for breakfast. I like to sprinkle pink Himalayan salt on mine. I have looked everywhere and this is the best price for raw, organic cashews. The price is best when you sign up for the automatic shipping. I get 4 bags shipped to me every month. I love using these to make raw kale chips as well. I just throw in a cup of cashews, a red bell pepper, nutritional yeast, agave nectar, sea salt, and grape seed oil into a food processor to make a creamy paste. Then knead the paste into the kale and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 24 hours. It makes the best raw snack!