Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on February 20, 2014
Even though it looks good, this watchband doesn't inspire confidence in me because of the way it feels. It just feels chintzy, so I think at $50 it isn't worth more than 2 stars. If I had paid under $20, I would be very happy with it.

On a side note (which this did not influence the rating at all, it's just an FYI for other Pebble owners): This band will not fit your Pebble watch without modifying the ends to fit. The band its self it exactly 22mm like you need for a Pebble, but the ends flair out to about 30mm (I didn't measure it before modifying mine). If you're willing to go through the trouble, though, it does look good on the Pebble watch as long as you don't ruin it in your attempt to make it fit.
on September 12, 2013
Let me begin by stating that this watch band looks very nice. It has a great-looking, dull, matte-black finish and fits the watch very well. My only problem with it, and the reason I removed this band from my Luminox is due to the fact that it feels cheap- the links are hollow; nothing more than bent tin. Another reason I removed the band is that it sounds incredibly cheap while it moves around your wrist or touches a table. You can hear that hollow, cheapness. I own several watches (ranging from Casio to Omega) and I've never owned a metal watch band whose links weren't solid but rather inexpensive tin bent and formed to look like solid links.

Is it worth $50? Absolutely not! I would imagine this band would rival those found on cheap Chinese watches in the $5-$10 range. Not trying to be hurtful or negative; I just want others to know what they're looking at.

I'm disappointed. For $50, I wasn't expecting Omega-like quality... but I didn't expect trash either.

(okay, I admit... that last part was a bit hurtful... but very true).
on September 2, 2014
This steel band is much better than the poor reviews state. I took a serious gamble with it, since I rarely would consider a product with as many negative reviews.

That being said, this watchband was better than I expected. Quality seemed nice, it didn't seem too light or cheap. I was able to remove links with ease, once I had the right tools. I was able to install it to my watch fairly easily, once I figured out how it worked. This is my first steel band, and it was a bit of a learning curve doing it all myself.

I have only one issue, and it's one I might be able to resolve with some pliers. The lip of the band that is on each side of the watch itself has pointy edges. On one end, it's pointed low enough that it doesn't catch anything. On the other end, it's raised enough that catch it on my couch and clothes all the time. Luckily, the couch is over 6 years old, and I don't care much if it gets thread pulled from it, but this shouldn't be happening. I'm going to try and bend down these pointy edges, and see if I can resolve the problem.
on April 19, 2016
I have owned Luminox Navy Seal watches for years. I have gone through numerous "Navy Seal" fabric/Velcro watch bands but was not pleased about paying $ 28-30 each to replace them.

Although this band doesn't have the Navy Seal logo, it is otherwise perfect. I will not have to replace it for a long time, if ever.
on April 5, 2014
Good band for the money, fairly durable finish. Looks a lot better than the rubber strap that comes on the Luminox. It could be better made, much rather have solid links, but you get what you pay for. A lot cheaper than a luminox steel band.
on June 11, 2015
the band is comfortable, used it on a 3055 blackout watch , it was a pain to install and has a weird angle to it, but it works.It will be worth the money if it doesn't break or rust on me in the next year. now if i could just dim the tritium lights on the watch at night.......
on January 20, 2014
I bought this band for my Luminox 3050 about 9 months ago, and I am very impressed! The only reason I gave this band 4 stars and not 5 is that the PVD coating is not very wear resistant, and has worn on the buckle where I rest my wrist on my desk. Still, it really made my watch feel like a much more expensive time piece and it fits perfectly.
on August 5, 2013
I was on the fence about getting this band, as it's unofficial/noname, but $50 is below my threshold for "lesson-learned tax". I was not disappointed.

The band itself is a decent mid-grade band, and well worth $50. It marks easily with fingerprints or arm grease/sweat, but wipes clean perfectly. I intentionally scratched the underside to see how well that paint stays on, and it took quite a bit of work to get anything off, so I think it'll stand up to routine bumps and drops. The band is also LARGE with lots of replacement links. I usually have to take out 2 from quality bands, but I had to zap 4 from this one, which is awesome.

I DO NOT recommend this band for someone who has never replaced a watchband before and does not have the tools to do so. The accompanying youtube video shows a "simple" pin-knock process, but if your Luminox is like any I've ever seen, you don't have exposed pins, so you will need to wiggle and pry to get them out, and the new ones back in. It took me ~30 minutes with the right tools to replace the band and take two links out of each side (four total) for proper sizing. I'm sure you could get it done at a jeweler, or even Walmart for a few bucks. I'll upload some pics in the morning, as the official ones don't do it justice.

Of note: The clasp and safety are VERY tight when received. I thought it was going to be a show-stopper as it took two hands to unfasten, however after popping in 6-8 times it reached an appropriate tension has has stayed there after 20+ more pops. I'll update if it goes south.

UPDATE: Amazon doesn't allow customer photos anymore. So you'll have to settle for the 1 stock photo.
on February 6, 2014
Does not fit well at all. Went back to Luminox original band, that I recently purchased. Watch band apart while walking dog.
on October 5, 2013
I'm extremely glad I took a chance on this band, even after reading the one (VERY) negative review on here. It's very nice quality for a $50 band and matches this watch very nicely, both in style and fit. I don't understand what the person who gave a 1-star review was trying to accomplish. He said a couple times he wasn't trying to be mean or negative but it looked to me he had an axe to grind for some reason. To read his review, and now to actually hold the item in my hand, I believe he was not fair in his assessment. He did not present enough qualified information to justify a 1-star rating. Yes, the band feels more cheaply made than the item sold by Luminox. I have one of those on another watch, so I feel qualified to compare the two. It's also $130 cheaper than the item sold by Luminox. This is a $50 replacement band for a watch that costs under $200 to begin with. If you want a decent and relatively tough feeling band to go with your decent and relatively tough watch, then look no further. The one caveat I will add to this is I have owned the band for two days. If there are problems with it wearing cheaply as time goes on I will update this rating.

The one thing I was concerned about (other than the one negative review) was that my watch is about 4 years old. I was concerned that the wear of the watch would look out of place next to a newly finished band. This turned out not to be a real issue. The watch has worn so well over the years that a person would have to look pretty closely to see it's a new band on an old watch. I like the whole look of the thing and this band is SO much more comfortable than the original rubber one. That old rubber band was a pain in the butt. It never laid right on my wrist and took forever to mold to the contour of my arm - constantly causing the watch face to shift to the leading edge of my wrist. I hate that. Right when it got to the point that it wasn't doing that anymore was when it broke.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever and it was for the best anyway. This new band is much better, much easier to use and much more comfortable.

Cheers!