5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Tactical Sight!
Wow! The quick release lever makes it a snap to put on and take off, I am swapping it back and forth between a GSG-5 and a Saiga-12. The housing is solid metal, not cheap plastic and the price is great! The selector switch on the side lets you choose between the red dot, the laser, or both. The red dot and the laser can also be sighted-in separately, one for short range...
Published on February 12, 2010 by J. Toler

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
Build quality, materials and mechanical design are fantastic, but the red dot brightness is almost useless on a sunny day. At the maximum brighness setting it's pretty much invisible on a sunlit target and by no means quick and easy to pick up (sort of the point of a CQB sight like this). Tried a fresh battery and it was no better. The laser is useless in all but...
Published on April 30, 2010 by P. Wagner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, January 31, 2013
This review is from: NcStar 1X40 Red Dot Sight with Built in Red Laser/Quick Release Weaver Mount (DLB140) (Sports)
This sight fits snug on the weaver rail. The red dot sight is easy to see and the laser is easy to adjust with the provided tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Sight Won't Have You Seeing Red, December 18, 2012
Kroozer (Grove City, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
Well yes you will see a red dot, but no you won't be dissappointed. At this price point the fit and fishish are a bargain. The glass is bright and so is the dot in red or green. I really like the QD mount and so far have had no issues with it holding zero on my 762.39.

4.0 out of 5 stars mounted to an AR, October 6, 2012
works great. laser/red dot combo is great.re-zeros with weaver mount. Would be better if the dot was a little brighter for day time shooting.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty sweet, June 29, 2012
this is a pretty good sight for 50 bucks, like how it has a laser, might not work too well in the bright sun but dusk, dawn, and evening better watch out. might need to tighten the quick release didnt figure it out till i almost bought another sight n replaced it because it was loose, would recommend to all shooters

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, June 3, 2012
This is an great scope at any price - the laser is the icing on the cake. I bought one for my HP 995 (9mm carbine rifle) and was able to put a 8" grouping at 100 yards without a problem (which is pretty good for a pistol caliber carbine). It only took a few minutes to site it in.

I like the quick release, but it wasn't a major factor for me. Overall, this is a great scope - particularly for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Red Dot out there?, March 20, 2012
This little RDS sight comes with a laser and 5 adjustable brightness settings for the red dot all in one. Not only that but a very tight quick detach lever to install/uninstall within 2 seconds. This is perfect for people who have plenty of guns with rails or when going out with friends to the range. You can use this on multiple guns on the go and feels just as sturdy as any other RDS sight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lil sight & great tech support, January 24, 2012
I had to change my rating just now. When I got the sight the selector was hard to turn. I emailed NcSTAR with the problem and a tech replied with a quick lil step by step to fix the problem.

The red dot is nice and bright and the optics are clear. The laser is nice and bright. The quick release is adjustable and very secure.

I haven't had a chance to shoot with it on yet, but the red dot and the laser are both adjustable.

Very happy with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very annoying and disappointing, November 3, 2014
Bought this to use on my M92 PAP (7.62x39) and my Kel-Tec PLR-16 (.223/5.56). After firing several rounds, the laser and red dot both quit working. Fire a few more shots, and they came back on. This repeated during the whole range session with both guns. This unit could not handle the recoil of either firearm. Off and on, off and on. It worked a few minutes, then it quit. Few minutes later it was back in. Very annoying and disappointing. I just boxed it up with a copy of my invoice and the NCStar warranty form and sent it back to NCSTar this morning. Hopefully they replace it with one that works. I would only recommend this unit for .22 caliber guns and airsoft guns ONLY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Shotguns, August 16, 2014
Wonderfully functional and well priced. I added this to my Saiga-12 after I was told by the police to get a shotgun for home defense, having previously shot an intruder with my M1 Garand; mercifully, the bullet exploded after it went through the doped up perp and hit the stucco exterior wall. It was fortunate the projectile did not proceed into the neighbor's house, but I digress.

NCStar makes good items, so it's a brand I trust. Moreover, the laser and red dot in one is a wonderful idea in 1x40 optics, this is ideal for close up work, but functional at a distance.

4.0 out of 5 stars On Target, February 16, 2012
I was pleased with the sight housing being made of metal and not some cheap plastic, the price was right and so I ordered it for my 870 Police Magnum. I received the sight within the timeframe the shipper said I would. It's just a shame it didn't come the same day as the picatinny mount I had also ordered. My only complaint is that its hard to rotate the knobs. This could be a problem during a life or death situation, even with only having to turn it forward once for both the red dot and laser to come on. I'm hoping there is a quick fix for this. I can't wait to hit up the range.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›