- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
One of the most important figures in contemporary cinema, Pedro Costa s celebrated music documentary is a mesmerizing portrait of French actress-turned-singer Jeanne Balibar, a transfixing, cigarette-smoking chanteuse with an intense devotion to her craft. Photographed in shimmering black-and-white and featuring a soundtrack of jazz-inflected pop songs, Ne Change Rien is a luminous exploration of the creative process.
- The End of a Love Affair (8 minutes), a short film by Pedro Costa
- Additional performances: "Le Tour Du Monde," "A Safe Place" and "Les Petits Papiers"
- "Tronomettes," eight musical sketches by Jeanne Balibar
- International TV Spots
- Theatrical Trailer
- Teaser Trailer
- Booklet featuring notes by Pedro Costa
"Entrancing. Something between a portrait and a performance doc. Stunning and beyond atmospheric." --J. Hoberman, Village Voice
"Both a startling and lucid lesson in filming musical performance and a cinephilic marvel... The sensual, velvety, high-contrast black-and-white images capture the exertions and exultations of music-making.... Costa s film was born under the virtual gaze of three artistic godfathers with original approaches to filming musical performances Godard, Chris Marker, and Jean-Marie Straub and, in the course of this bracing, fascinating feature, he conjures them all." --Richard Brody, The New Yorker
"A visual and aural delight." --New York Post