Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Near to the Heart of God: Meditations on 366 Best-Loved Hymns
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 27, 2013
I downloaded this book over a year ago when it was available for my Kindle. I used it every morning as the beginning to my devotional time throughout the entire year of 2012. Mr Morgan is an amazing researcher, historian and musician who knows his stuff. This book spoke to my heart in ways I never expected, and as time passed I found myself looking forward with anticipation to the song coming next. It's a great way to begin each morning! Some of the songs are so buried in time that I didn't know them at all, but others dropped their message and notes into my heart and I hummed them all day long. I highly recommend this book for its brief (5 minutes or less) devotional thoughts and charming reminder of the hymns of my growing up years!
on July 21, 2012
This book has shown me so many new hymns & writers about whom I had not known. It brings a wealth of historical Christian worship to the seeker. Refreshing! The hardest part is trying to share the hymns with friends & family. Some are available online; for others I was unable to find the additional stanzas mentioned in the book, or the melodies.
on January 17, 2013
I am enjoying this book and reading it day by day. Robert Morgan has researched the lives and stories of these great hymn-writers, most of them from many years ago. Whilst there are some of the hymns I don't know and have never heard, the words are inspiring nevertheless. In addition to the lesser-know hymns there are lots of hymns that I have known since I was a child and have loved them. The stories as well as the hymns are quite inspiring and I find pleasure and inspiration in the book
on March 4, 2012
What an excellent devotional resource that not only is inspirational but also informative, giving historical facts concerning the background of some of the most well-known and loved hymns throughout the ages. I highly recommend this easy-to-read devotional for anyone who appreciates the timeless hymns of Christendom.
on December 22, 2010
Great product from a good vendor. There could be an audio to go along with the book to follow the daily hymn.Still all in all a great book.
on December 31, 2015
I discovered many unfamiliar hymns in this collection. I also learned a few new things about the authors and composers of many of the hymns. The hymn for each day was selected because it was the date of the author or composer's birth or death, the date it was first published or sung, or it was written or sung for a certain occasion, or it was significant to a certain event that happened on that date. Each devotional reading began with a brief story about the author or the hymn, then included the lyrics of the hymn, and ended with a Bible verse that related to the hymn.
on January 11, 2012
This wasnt exactly the book I thought it was my fault for not looking close enough. But I am so glad it wasnt . This book is so much more. Gives a daily devotion as well a word to great old hymns. Great book. Very good author. Have others by him. Worth the money.
on February 6, 2012
I've always considered the hymns my friends. And so, I've always loved the stories behind their creation. This is a 365-day devo that blends the powerful lyrics with those stories. It introduces us to the hymnwriters and to the times in which they lived. I'm enjoying this immensely. It doesn't replace my personal quiet time in the Word, but it certainly does enhance it.
on January 1, 2016
The author has chosen a hymn for every day ot the year. He gives you the history behind the composer(s) of both words and music. As a musician I really enjoyed learning more about old familiar hymns and some I had never heard. I used it as a devotional.
on December 31, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed and been blessed by the stories and scripture associated with these 366 Hymns. My soul sang with the lyrics each day even if some hymns were unfamiliar to me. We often don't take in account the author or composers of the many hymns we sing that resonate deep within our soul. How much sweeter the hymns knowing a little of their history! I highly recommend this devotional!