NeatDesk installation problem NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System
There is nothing more frustrating than receiving a new piece of equipment and getting an error when you try to install it. Has anybody tried to install a NeatDeask scanner and been thrown out by a response saying "Invalid Drive: G\" ? There is no G drive on my computer and the installation fails.
Henderson
asked by Henderson on March 15, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 answers
A
votes
DON'T BUY IT!! I just got a NeatDesk Scanner and Digital filing System NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System - PC for Mac and I'm SENDING IT BACK! It's a nice concept and the fact that they sent PC software instead of Mac isn't why I'm sending it back. I'm sending it back due to a TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIVENESS from the Neat (or not-so neat) Company. First I was on the telephone VM queue for 30 minutes having a voice repeatedly tell me how important my call was to them. BTW, they do not readily list a customer service phone number, but push you into online communications that have yet to be responded to after 3 days). I only found the CS on telephone by calling the Sales line (which they answer immediately hahah) and then going to CS, but then you wait and wait and wait--but they assure you your call is important to them!. While waiting for someone to answer at CS (never did) I found the download section on their website and downloaded the Mac software, but when I went to use after installing, it called for a "Product Key" which I didn't have except for the PC software I received and the number of product key groupings did not line up with what was available to enter so it wouldn't work. After to 30 minute sessions waiting for CS, I called the "Sales" number again (3d time, second day)and immediately get a sales person who refuses to listen to me saying I need customer service despite that fact I point out I can't get through. He tells me there is NO queue on the CS line at the moment so I consent to be transferred and again waited nearly 30 minutes before hanging up in disgust. This may or may-not be a good product but WHY would anyone want a product that has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE when they can get the same thing in a Fuji Snapscan that does in fact have live people in there CS department?
GD answered on January 8, 2012

A
votes
I just got the scanner today and had the same problem. Did you find a resolution? I sent an e-mail to tech support. Mine said "invalid drive:\F" and I don't have an F drive.
Christine Springer answered on May 8, 2010

A
votes
Keep your dropoff receipt when you return it. Otherwise they will send you a collection notice saying they never got it back. I suppose they think they'll make you pay for it one way or another. Buyer beware!
Christine Springer answered on January 8, 2012

A
votes
I've had problems installing program. Contacted customer service 866-395-2372 (Monday-Friday 9am-8pm) and was on hold for about 30 minutes. Explained my problem to the representative, he insisted that the problem was my computer or my lack of computer skills. Requested return information and I'm still waiting on the return label to be emailed to me. If anyone has this information, please post so I can return before my 30 day free trial is up. I believe they are stalling, I have 2 weeks before my time is up. PLEASE HELP!
Jacquelyn C. Brown answered on January 15, 2012

A
votes
Thanks for that post. I was on the verge of ordering one of these until I read these reviews! Whew!!!
Michael answered on January 26, 2012

A
votes
Actually, in their defense, I finally got through to them and they were very responsive, solved my issues--in fact I had 3 contacts in one day based on the numerous emails and tc I sent. I've now used the scanner and VERY HAPPY with it--I think it's much superior to the printscan by Fuji, which is in my office and I have had no issues since getting the software key. It works so well, in fact, I feel bad about my initial post however everything there was true and they seem to have an overload of CS surveys and email inquires but it's hard to get through. I'm going to buy another one for the office.
GD answered on January 26, 2012

A
votes
I just purchased this and it would not install the software (running Windows 7 64 bit). It said there was something wrong with the SQL registry. I am not a tech person, so I was disappointed and figured I would have to deal with a long and protracted CS call on Monday.

I searched on the Internet and while I did not find anyone with this exact problem, I did go to the CD drive directory and opened it. I right clicked "full install" and then chose "open as administrator". It then loaded fine, even updating versions. It did take a while to load - let it run it's course.

Scans REALLY fast. It does take it a while to process the image. I have found version 5 to be very capable.
Tim Marvil answered on April 22, 2012

A
votes
I have been able to load the software but when I click on the Neat Icon it takes me to the screen to create a file cabinet database... looks as if it is and then says "Neat has encountered a problem and needs to close"... can't get past that to my Neat Dashboard. Am I missing something? So extremely frustrated as I've never encountered so much trouble loading software and programs. Any suggestions?
J. Schaub answered on June 2, 2012

A
votes
I think the problem is that they do not send the Mac software with the scanner even though it's marked for Mac on the box. I had to download the true Mac software and for that I needed the product key which my software that came with it didn't have since it was PC and not mac. So a catch 22. The product is great--the company is messed up and needs to get their act together.
GD answered on January 26, 2012

A
votes
The only problem I have is that it says paper jam more often than not. I have tried everything, rebooting, unplugging, etc. but nothing is working today. It has been this way from Day 1. When it works though, I love it. Any suggestions?
Pauly answered on May 4, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›