Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 21, 2008
First of all, $10.99 for 5 complete games is an unbelievable price. So unbelievable that I doubt it'll be there for long. Anyway, this collection includes:

Games:
1971 Orange Bowl vs. LSU
1982 Regular Season vs. Oklahoma
1995 Orange Bowl vs. Miami
1996 Fiesta Bowl vs. Florida
1998 Orange Bowl vs. Tennessee

I haven't watched the extras, as of yet, but only 3 are listed:

Reflections of Perfection (Story of the 1996 Fiesta Bowl)
No Doubt Huskers Light It Up 1997
1997 Reunion: Charlie McBride, Defensive Coordinator

I can't figure out why they don't put any of this information in the product description, but A&E leaves it out all the time. That's probably not the best way to generate sales.

One really bad mistake the makers of this set made was putting the wrong score to the 1996 Fiesta Bowl on the outside AND inside of the box (and in the product description on this page). This was Nebraska's 62-24 blowout win over Florida, but the box and the product description on this page put the score as 24-17. Woops! That was the score of the 1995 Orange Bowl, not the '96 Fiesta Bowl (both games are included).

It took 3 weeks to get here, and there are obviously other games that could have been included, but at the current price, one can't complain too much.
44 comments13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2010
The DVDs are copies of taped broadcast games. The 95 and 96 games were awesome, but the 71 and 82 games were very poor and had very distorted sound and picture. Whoever produced this did a sloppy job.
on June 3, 2013
As we don't have college football here in Australia I find this a great change from the boring local codes of football. I find the college football is very entertaining, keeps me on the edge of my seat at times. It is very enjoyable watching how they play and their technics. I also enjoy Nebraska's type and style of football.
Keep it coming.
on July 21, 2011
This is an older dvd collection that only has through the 1998 orange bowl, but I bought this for the 1996 fiesta bowl vs florida so it's all I needed. the 1996 game has the network commentators, who aren't as great as Pavelka, but it's still a great set.
on August 10, 2011
The seller provided quick shipping and exactly what was descibed. This is among the NEEDS for any True Husker fan. I agree the '82 game isn't the best choice but the rest makes up for it.
Thanks!
on January 22, 2013
This was a wonderful gift for a Cornhusker fan. I gave this to my father in law and he just loved it. He enjoys watching these great games over and over.
on January 30, 2013
Really enjoy going back seeing these games. Husker fans will enjoy it ! This is a good part of my Nebraska materials.
on November 23, 2012
Got this for my husband for our anniversary. He loves it!!! He said it has all the best games on it!
on June 20, 2010
Bought for brother in law. had some amazing stories, pictures, and a DVD. It looked well worth it, I mean after I gave it to him he just sat and read it for a couple of hours! Recieved it Promptly, in good condition.
on September 8, 2009
All of the videos were good quality except 1982 Nebraska - Oklahoma. I gave this collection 3 stars because the 1982 game was very fuzzy the entire first half. They should have found another game to use because of the poor video quality. The package is a good value for what you get because you receive 4 national title games.
0Comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse