Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on September 3, 2010
So this puzzle is not best for young kids as it is not the easiest puzzle. Many of the pieces fit in multiple places and you have to look really close at the pattern and color on the piece to see if it is in the right place. I just finished the puzzle and it took some serious work to get it right. I recommend it for teenage and adult fans of Harry Potter.
on February 6, 2010
An excellent and challenging puzzle. The darker colors in the background made it a bit difficult. That is saying something as I am a very experienced jigsaw puzzle solver!
on September 17, 2011
i jumped out of my seat when i saw that there was a harry potter puzzle, much less one that depicted the hogwarts castle! its probably one of the most difficult puzzles ive done (and i've done plenty), but i still managed to finish it in a few days time. the hardest part is probably matching up the brush strokes and the color of the pieces. the picture on the box doesnt really help much because everything is so small, and it doesn't help that some of the pieces LOOK like they fit when they don't actually belong together. nevertheless, it's not impossible and i had a lot of fun doing it because the end result is rewarding. it looks beautiful!
on August 15, 2013
I like the puzzle because it actually looks like a picture of Hogwarts but be forewarned. It's one of those puzzles that has pieces that will fit in a lot of different places. I put three pieces together in a spot that looked like they belonged there and they seemed to fit fine but the color difference let me know they didn't. It took me and my daughter a good hour to make the border come out to the right size and even then we weren't sure if all the pieces were in the right places because the border pieces fit in different places also. A very DIFFICULT puzzle, to be sure.
on January 5, 2014
I bought two of these puzzles for two different sets of puzzle-loving grandkids, all teens who love Harry Potter books and movies. They started working on them and discovered that the pieces were cut so similarly and little variation in the colors, it was frustrating and discouraging to work on. Both families gave up, and one gave me the puzzle back this Christmas. I have been working on just the border and understand why they didn't like it. Pieces that seem to go together, don't. Even from the back, it would appear that pieces fit together perfectly. Only the slightest difference in shade or brush stroke would prove they were wrong. I'm sure I could finish it with a magnifying glass and special light--and maybe a magic wand. But it would NOT be fun.
on August 23, 2011
I've had my eye on this puzzle for several months now and finally got it recently.

It took me about a week to put it together, working nights and part of the weekend. The colors are very monochrome, but I had no trouble figuring out which area a piece belonged. I had a few minor difficulties with the pieces not really fitting even though they appeared to, but those were easily fixable when I looked closely. I thought it would be very tedious, but was actually much easier than I thought, especially the sky. There was a natural and noticeable progression from light to dark colors.

I did, however, number the back of each piece so next time I will be able to tell if a piece does not belong. The finished result was beautiful, I can't wait to reassemble it in my new place!
on June 8, 2011
I have been doing puzzles off and on my whole life and this is one of the most diffcult puzzles I've ever done. I was getting frustrated after awhile. It took me almost two weeks to finish the puzzle but its beautiful when complete. I plan on framing it for display. If you are looking for a challenge then this puzzle is great but I had more frustration than pleasure.
on July 13, 2011
This puzzle is so much fun especially if you are a Harry Potter fan! This seems to be more of a challenging puzzle because of the colors all being about the same and the pieces seem to fit in places they shouldn't. Fun puzzle!
on March 28, 2013
Previous reviews made me wonder whether or not the recipient of this puzzle (gift) would really enjoy it, but things turned out fine. My sister is pretty good at puzzles, which she only does a few times each year (usually 1000+ pieces in each puzzle), and she did not find this puzzle to be especially hard/overwhelming. It may have been more challenging due to the shapes/colors of the pieces, but not enough to frustrate her or make her remark on the quality of the puzzle itself. Overall, if you puzzle at least somewhat regularly, I'm sure you can manage this puzzle; whether or not it will be more frustrating than fun may depend upon your personality. Also, age probably factors into this as well, as I can see the puzzle potentially being too tedious for the average child.
on September 29, 2010
this puzzle was very cool looking, but very frustrating to put together.
the pieces were so similar it was difficult to tell if they were in the right place-sometimes not until an entire section was complete were we able to see that some pieces did not fit and something was amiss.
the puzzle looks great when finished but was quite perplexing to put together.
i would not recommend it for the fair weather fan of puzzlers, this one is for serious doers only!
two very experienced puzzlers took over 40 hours (total time) to finally get it right. we average about 8 hours per 1000 piece puzzles.
in the end, it was worth it, because the picture looks like it was painted (those brush strokes helped, too!) and it looks great framed!