Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 27, 2011 3:01:35 PM PDT
K. Horne says:
I need to know the DHA & EPA levels per capsule. Out of all these reviews no one even mentioned the most important information concerning this product. I don't care how much it lowered your triglycerides or how many exclamation marks you put in your review. I could also care less that it contains GMO soy. I need relevant facts only and it seems no one else is concerned about this most basic piece of information.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 3:30:48 AM PDT
J. Chapman says:
Exactly what I want to know - do you think calling Costco/Kirkland customer service would get an answer?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 6:16:55 AM PDT
Dianna Fase says:
Found this on the VitaSprings.com web site:

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Each Softgel Contains - % Daily Value:
Calories 10 (Calories from Fat 10),
Total Fat 1 g - 2%,
Saturated Fat 0.5 g - 3%,
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g,
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g,
Cholesterol 10 mg - 3%,
Natural Fish Oil Concentrate 1000 mg,
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids (EPA/DHA and other Omega 3) 300 mg.

Ingredients: Fish Oil Concentrate, Gelatin (non-bovine), Glycerin, Water, Tocopherol.

Contains: Fish (Anchovy, Herring, Salmon, Sardine and Sprat) and Soy.

Suggested Use:
Take one softgel three times daily with a full glass of water, preferably after a meal.

Caution: If you are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, facing surgery, have bleeding problems, or undergoing any other treatment which may affect the ability of blood to clot, consult your physician before taking this product.

USP has tested and verified ingredients, potency and manufacturing process. USP sets official standards for dietary supplements.

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 7:44:26 AM PDT
J. Chapman says:
There are a number of different Omega 3 Fatty acids and they are NOT all the same. I want to know how the Omega 3s are broken down within the 300 mg total. I really do not think I will ever find out - just have to trust that these are a good source of fish oil. I guess a hunk of salmon does not have a label on it that has this information either :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 3:41:42 PM PDT
Mark Barrett says:
but it probably tastes a whole lot better! I would like to know the the actual MG - none of the brands seem to show this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 4:31:23 AM PDT
J. Chapman says:
Very expensive brands do - I have been using Zone Omega RX with 400 EPA and 200 DHA in the same 1000 mg fish oil pill. Twice as much as the Kirkland (at least - because there ARE other omega 3s that are not EPA and DHA) Too bad they are about $50 a bottle. That is why I came up with the idea of rationalizing that a piece of salmon will not have a label! Kirkland pills are about 1/16 the price of the Zone, so I am all set to see if I can tell any difference. Eating that much fatty fish every day is out of the question - I do not trust the sources, it is very expensive and a pain to cook. SO glad I can take some pills instead. Oh - and if you keep them in the fridge, then you don't get those nasty burps.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 9:00:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2011 9:01:41 AM PDT
Igniz says:
Found from another site with what looks like exact same version:

*Provides Omega 3 (EPA) Eicosapentaenoic Acid 180 mg - Omega-3 (DHA) Docosahexaenoic Acid 120 mg

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2011 9:13:43 AM PDT
J. Chapman says:
This is from a Kirkland label? Kirkland makes 2 or 3 different kinds of fish oil pills, and the prices reflect the concentration/information on the label, I suppose. The ones I bought are the least expensive - 400 pills for I think $8.99 regular price, and they had a $3 off per bottle coupon out last month. Dirt cheap! I noticed that they had higher priced bottles with less pills in them. HAS to mean higher concentration of the "good stuff" right?

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 4:00:27 PM PDT
Blitz says:
Did you ever stop to, I don't know try Google? Duh.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 27, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2012

Search Customer Discussions