5.0 out of 5 stars Way Cool!
Need For Speed 3 is without a doubt, the best arcade style racing game for Playstation. I nearly fell off my seat when I descovered the "Hot Persuit" mode. Cops chasing you? Fire up your Ferrari or Lamborghini and try to out-run them. The alternate camera angles are tereffic! I can't say enough great things about this game!
Published on December 14, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Hot to Fizzle...
Published on April 17, 2002 by I.S.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Way Cool!, December 14, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Need For Speed yet...., July 4, 2002
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit is the best one of the Need For Speed series yet. You can now race in a new mode "Hot Pursuit" where you run from the cops while still racing apponents. You can now race in awesome cars like Ferrarri's, Diablo SV's, and The El Nino.
Awesome new 3D tracks like:
Lost Canyons
Aquatica
The Summit
Empire City
And if you enter the following cheats under the "USER NAME" option, you can access bonus levels such as:
The Room (Enter "PLAYTM")
Caverns (Enter "XCAV8")
Motorcross (Enter "XCNTRY")
Space Race (Enter "MNBEAM")
Scorpio 7 (Enter "GLDFSH")
Also, enter "SEEALL" to see all videos!
This game is so hot that i play it all the time!
Thanx 4 reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Here it is!, August 8, 2000
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
If you need speed here it is!The best car game i have ever played for one thing it does not have timing and lets you race freely.It is so advanced than any other games.The excitement and the thrill of playing the game.There are lots of varieties of cars to choose from listing from ferari to lamborgini to italdesign schigera.This game is amazing Come And Get It.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, March 28, 2000
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
This game is excellent. I'm no offender of the law, but I always enjoy beating the Police to the finish line. The cars are brilliantly rendered, and the showcases of each car tells you about the car's hitsory. you can compare your car to other cars in the game to see how yours stacks up against the competition. In Hot Pursuit mode, try 2 laps as a beginner, and work your way up to 8 laps on run from the lawmen. The music is not as it is on the radio, and that brings down the game in that respect, but it's a great game, despite this one disadvantage.

4.0 out of 5 stars need for speed 3, November 28, 1999
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
This is one of the greatest racing games that I have ever played. You can race in one or two player modes and you get to outrun both your partner and the cops (which makes this game so great) so if you have a little rebel in you then you will like this game

3.0 out of 5 stars Hot to Fizzle..., April 17, 2002
I.S. (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
I am a big fan of the NFS series. When I first played Hot Pursuit, it was terrific. Especially after getting addicted to the NFS series from playing High Stakes, I had high hopes for Hot Pursuit. Unfortunately, after a few hours, the game became a bit of a disappointment. Unlike High Stakes, you can't modify the cars, of which, by the way, you don't have as many choices. You're not given a chance to earn any prize money to upgrade or trade in your car. I'm planning to trade it in for something else soon. All in all, it's a solid game with decent graphics. But if you want a game that you'd actually keep and play for a while, check out High Stakes and/or Porsche Unleashed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Word...AMAZING, September 21, 2001
"kpxeugene" (apo, ap United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
I'm a big fan of racing games, nothing beats the rush of being head to head with a friend. First off, let me tell you the only shortcoming of this game...the graphics. The graphics aren't horrible but comparing it to GT3 or NFS:High stakes, it has nothing on them. The gameplay makes up for all that though, plenty of cars, amazing tracks, great options, and impeckable controls. It's a little difficult to unlock all the tracks and cars but once you do...hold tight to the wheel and mash on the gas. This is the game that my friends and I always compete on, and we havent gotten tired of it yet!
Definetely a must buy for any racing game fanatic!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every raceing fan, August 21, 2001
Dean harkness (Memphis,TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
O.K I know by now this is an older game but I have yet to find one that can out do NFS3 the tracks are fun the cars are fast and the cops are on your tail! what more do you need?if you find it too hard to win I have a code that will help, but you'll have to e-mail me for that cause I don't want to get into trouble. (reginahark@dixie-net.com) but one suggrstion I have is when cornering use the hand brake insted of the normal one it's works better also befor you play a tornument learn the tracks cause they can be tricky and there are a few short cuts if you look. I assure you anyone who loves raceing will enjoy this game and you can't beet the price I think it will be a classic so get NFS3 pick your car and by all means enjoy! Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game! Lots of fun!, December 31, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
My family has played this game over the years and we LOVE it! It's one of the best racing games so far in my opinion. The high speed chases are a lot of fun as well! Definitely on two player mode!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best need for speed on any system. period., May 23, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (Video Game)
when i first purchased this game i was really wowed. the track design is ingenious and works differently depending on how fast a car you're driving. the venues for the tracks are all unique and memorable. there are about a dozen or so cars to choose from and each feels different from each other. to start there are 8 tracks to choose from with another 5 unlocked through code. the 5 secret ones are really amazing; like an rc circuit in a bed room, a romp through a space station and the mean gritty streets of empire city to name a few. the music in the game is something different too, while it has the typical techno type soundtrack it actually changes depending on where you are on the course which helps the locations have more impact. easy to play hard to master and that's not even counting the thrilling hot pursuit mode where you and a buddy must outrun the cops, who are rather competent. forget GT games, this is THE racing game for PSone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit by Electronic Arts (PlayStation)
$56.99