Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, XBOX 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, XBOX 360
|Price:||$18.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.50 (8%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit contains 1-8 player online support as well as leaderboards
- Play as either cops and racers in both a tremendously deep, fully-defined single player career and a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes
- The Need For Speed Autolog system connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences and challenges
- Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent
- Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is a high energy racing game that brings the Need For Speed franchise back to its racing/chasing roots. The game allows players to experience a massive open-world game environment from both the perspective of a racer or a cop bent on shutting down racer. Players on both sides have access to a wide range of real, high-performance vehicles, as well as weapons, equipment and power-ups that heighten the excitement of the race and chase. Additional features include: Need For Speed 'Autolog,' a powerful in-game social media communication system; 1-8 player online support; leaderboards; and Xbox LIVE Achievement support.
A Revolutionary Addition to the NFS Franchise
In Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The blistering speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog. This network not only connects friends for epic head-to head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in friendly competition.
A throwback to earlier games in the series, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit allows players to experience the thrill of the chase from either the perspective of a racer or the police, with police cars constantly chasing racers. Set along 100 miles of road situated in fictional Seacrest County, the gameworld of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is fully open-world, meaning that players can go wherever they want and race or chase whomever they want to. Players have access to a career mode regardless of which side they are on, and police and racers both have access to differing power-ups to give them an extra edge in a pinch. Cars available in-game are realistic replicas the pantheon of high-performance vehicles available in real-life, with cops and racers having equal access to most cars featured, but some being exclusive to either side. Additional features include: Autolog, which allows players to communicate and compare stats via a social media type network, 1-8 player online game support and multiple play modes.
Key Game Features
- Career – For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.
- Need For Speed Autolog – In Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other's games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
- Weapons and Equipment – Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.
- Cars – Experience the thrill of driving the world's most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.
- Multiplayer Support - Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit contains 1-8 player online support as well as leaderboards.
Play as cop or racer.
Drive the hottest cars around.
New communication system.
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
Enter NFS: HP, a new revolution or a "reset" to the series, that picks up right where the PS2 dropped it off. Hot Pursuit comes back to what Need for Speed is all about, and why so many of us were hooked on the PS1 and PS2 versions of the games (yes the PC gamers too) Driving fast cars, getting away from the cops, and going so darn fast you have trouble dodging a car because your brain can't register its there before your taillight makes a beeline through your skull.
But, that's enough background, on to the review.
Simple, easy to read, and coherent, even down to the Autolog, and all of its messages and information. The menu's are very easy to navigate and easy to understand. The Career Map reminds me of Burnout 3, which I'm not surprised about really considering Criterion made the game, the menu works the same too, you highlight a sign and select an event to run. You only start with a few for either Cops or Racers and you earn more as you level up and complete events.Read more ›
I felt something as I played the demo. I felt a return to the simple, point-to-point races from the very first NFS, the adrenaline of those tight, narrow-margin photo finishes from Burnout and the last Hot Pursuit titles, and from Most Wanted, the absolute thrill of running from - and often into - The Man...
And that's what Hot Pursuit is - plain and simple. Don't boot it up expecting hardcore driving physics. Don't expect to blow away the competition with highly tuned supercars, and don't expect to spend hours tweaking the layout of vinyls or leafing through dozens of aftermarket wheels and wings. What you can expect is some sweaty palms as you drift the last corner to the finish, a twisted face as you plow into that guardrail you saw one second too late, and a grin from ear-to-ear as you watch the cop car you just plowed into rolling down the road, raining shrapnel along the asphalt.
It's not perfect. I'll concede that. The rubber-banding is still pretty strong - I'm zipping at top speed down a straight as an opponent in the same car cruises on by... In addition, the cop chases are still treated too much like a race. I took a gorgeous shortcut in my cop car, got ahead of my suspects, spun the opposite direction and prepared for a head-on collision as the words "WRONG WAY" suddenly lit up the screen... What'ch'you mean wrong way?! I AM the Law!! (Granted, I hit my target at somewhere around a buck-fifty and INSTANTLY wasted the guy... So I wasn't really complaining.Read more ›
So, when I purchased this, my hope was that we could again enjoy playing "Need for Speed" together, as in one as the cop, one as the criminal, race via split screen. Nope. This doesn't support split screen or co-op play.
It doesn't seem to connect via a normal Xbox Live account either, but requires a specific/separate EA Games account (which, whenever you start the game you're prompted for and have to skip if you don't).
Beyond that, as just a one player racing game, it's still pretty fun. The courses and objectives are challenging and even in just the first sector which we've unlocked, there are about 10 different courses, each with a subsection of various missions.
It works extremely well with a force feedback steering wheel (surprising that all racing games don't?).
As a racing game by itself, it's really good, but I sincerely miss having the split-screen option since I still love playing video games along side my son and don't intend to buy another Xbox and Xbox live account to sit in another room just to play together (defeats the purpose, no?).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have played this one so many times over.
Can't wait for an even better version.
The game is in very good condition. To make it even better the seller gave me a halo game for free! :) i personally think they gave it away to keep a good review because the disc... Read morePublished 1 month ago by James Rockwell
Thought this was a 2player game I brought for twins but was for only one playerPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer