Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Need for Speed Rivals - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 18% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Need for Speed Rivals - Xbox 360
|Price:||$18.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.99 (10%)|
- High-Stakes Rivalry - Racers are lone wolves out for their own glory; driving agile cars built for high speed racing and epic chases. Cops work in teams to hunt down and bust racers using the full power of the police force. Switch roles at any time and watch the stakes grow in an all-new scoring system that lets you put your speed points on the line to earn even greater rewards.
- AllDrive - New in Need for Speed Rivals, AllDrive destroys the line between single player and multiplayer gameplay. Seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. No lobbies. No waiting. Paths will cross as races and pursuits collide, creating a world where no two moments or events will ever be the same.
- Your Car, Your Identity - Power up your car with the latest performance upgrades and technology, and personalize your car with fresh paintjobs, liveries, custom license plates, rims, and decals to show off your style to your friends and rivals. Save different configurations and keep a variety of car packages available to leave your mark no matter the situation.
- Pursuit and Evasion Tech - Intense racing moments are made even more thrilling with access to technology and upgrades customized to each side of the law. Racers can choose evasion technology from jammers to electromagnetic pulses. Cops are outfitted for aggressive busts with shockwaves, roadblocks, helicopter support and more. No matter the side you choose, use technology to keep you one step ahead of your rivals.
- Requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive with 3GB of storage space for a mandatory installation of game disc content.
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
It is visually very good but that is not why you buy racing games. You want to race, and after you finish the game you want the value of playing with others online. Here is where the game fails miserably. All the pieces are there for an off the hook online experience, but the game fails to put people together because of the way AllDrive works. You will rarely see any real people because they are all over the map with little chance of getting together unless you chase them down. That will not be easy. Everyone has to keep moving because they're being chased by fake cops. If you get busted you will lose everything you have gained in that round so players are constantly running from each other even if they don't want to.
Other problems. There is no way to configure buttons. There is no support for steering wheels. (Really dumb in a racing game). The voice chat rarely works. EA support of this and other games is non- existent.
After finishing the game which took me about 4 hours both cop and racer, you will become bored with it. This is a shame too because all of these issues could have been addressed before the game was released or with an update. Too bad I can't tell EA that, they don't care enough about their customers to respond to the multitude of complaints about this game.
Rivals starts off as a tutorial........that I HATE WITH A PASSION! Considering that I've been gaming for almost 20 years (I'm 22), I prefer to skip tutorials, especially ones that treat you like a drooling one-year-old that has never picked up ANYTHING besides toys. It tells you what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and after you do it, it tells you what do to next. What bothered me the most was you can't skip it, at all, period. You HAVE to play through the tutorial. If you don't mind tutorials, especially one that's annoying as this one, then it's not a big deal. But if you're like me and want to get straight into the game and learn it the old school way, you're going to want to pull your hair out, several times.
OH! There's a story to this game. I don't care about it. You won't, either.
The very first car you will drive is a Porsche Cayman S, unlike previous NFS titles where they started you off in an economic car. Most Wanted gave you a Cobalt (well choices but the Cobalt was the fastest), ProStreet and Undercover gave you a 240SX, Underground 2 gave you a Civic........so considering this game's slowest car is a Porsche Cayman S, which isn't even a low-end Porsche model, you can already tell Rivals is going to be a fast game, and it is.Read more ›
in short, its not what most wanted is, very different which some may not like, but it can be very fun once you get used to it
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My son loves this video game!! We had previously got him one but somehow was lost he kept begging for another !!! Thank you !Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
We didn't realize we have to have an external back up option. My son can't play this game on his regular XBox 360Published 4 months ago by Rissreview
Ordered this for my son, good price and received it quickly. My son was very excited until we realized that we could not use it on our XBox 360 unless we buy a larger hard drive. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Momofsix