Need a replacement battery cover screw

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2009 1:04:46 PM PDT
Patrick says:
Dropped this tiny tiny screw while changing out battery; it disappeared forever, now using adhesive tape instead.

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 8:22:56 AM PDT
Patti Behr says:
I lost the screw while changing out the battery as well. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 11:04:27 AM PDT
I have not lost the screw for mine, but the screw looks like it is a #4 x 1/2". Maybe a #4 x 3/8". A good hardware store should have it. Also a repair kit for glasses should have an assortment of tiny screws. I would think that one of those should fit.

Posted on Nov 25, 2009 5:53:59 PM PST
R. Skillman says:
I also lost my screw and contacted Omron. They are unable to send me a screw but I can mail my pedometer back to Omron and they will diagnose the problem, repair, and mail it back to me if I enclose $5 for return postage. This of course is if the warranty is in effect, otherwise I guess they charge to replace the screw. I think I'll use tape or try to find a small screw that fits. Am I missing a liability issue in mailing someone a small screw?

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 10:50:21 AM PST
S. Riemer says:
Just got one of these pedometers for my wife. She dropped it while installing the battery and lost the screw. I just got off the phone with Omron, they won't send me a screw. As stated above, Omron says I have to ship it to them and enclose $8 to cover having it shipped back to me. Seems ridiculous as this will almost equal what I paid for the thing to begin with. Hopefully I can find a better solution. Currently, she is holding the battery cover in place with the belt clip but occasionally it seems the battery loses contact because the count restarts.

Posted on May 10, 2012 1:10:43 PM PDT
L. Broering says:
This tiny battery cover screw is a rediculous design flaw in an otherwise good instrument. Surely, they could have done something better - if only including scew type/number in Manuel. I have been on my hands and knees for 30 minutes looking for darn thing!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2009
Latest post:  May 10, 2012

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer by Omron
4.4 out of 5 stars   (5,880)