Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Needle & Thread
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

50%
50%

on December 9, 2011
So my sister and I, who are *not* bluegrass purists, would both give this CD a 5. But my dad, who is a 'purist' so to speak, says it's 'too modern' for his tastes.

So, if you like a more modern sound, you'll like this CD. But if your idea of what music should sound like is rooted in the 1940's, maybe it's not for you.
on September 16, 2009
My girlfriend and I were on vacation from Tulsa wandering around the Minnesota State Fair and happened to find a stage with live music. We love bluegrass and Pert Near didn't disappoint. With the addition of the clogger/washboard player, the live show was awesome. Needle and Thread is a good album. The group covers a couple of old time bluegrass songs, but the best songs are the original ones. If you like a real string band, you'll like Pert Near Sandstone.
on October 21, 2009
These are some highly gifted musicians. I agree with the other reviewer John that some of the best stuff on this album is the original material. However, their take on "Colored Aristocracy" consistently blows me away. What a brilliant and furious fiddle tune that is. Amazon has this album for a good price, too; no reason not to snap it up.
on December 5, 2015