1,830 Reviews
 (1,422)

1,066 of 1,074 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!
I have edited this review to keep up with my new review format, but the sentiments haven't changed!

CONSTRUCTION
Let's start with this: Is this of the same quality as a pro reflector? No. I am already feeling the rim starting to bend in places and ways it shouldn't, but I do not anticipate it breaking any time soon. The panels themselves are made of good...
Published on May 3, 2010 by Ciaran

3.0 out of 5 stars Better buy a silver/white reflector
I used this 5-in-1 reflector for a while and I can't say anything bad about the quality. However, I would not buy it again and just replaced it by this product which is the same price range:

Fotodiox 42" Silver/White Reflector Pro, Premium Grade Collapsible Disc

I recommend not buying a 5-in-1 reflector in general but rather go for a silver+white...
Published on October 26, 2010 by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars breaks easy, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Neewer 110CM 43-Inch 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector (Camera)
I purchased this disc to use for my outdooor photoshoots . First it works as a reflector should with no problem, howeever it broke when trying to bend it back into shape one day after only having it about a month .I twisted it the way my assistant and I always do and the metal snapped it is now impossible to fold into smaller size It is still usable just not able to twist down for easy storage. Im not sure if this is true of all collapsible reflectors as this is the only one ive bought.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Awesome, April 11, 2013
I received my reflectors about a week ago. Since then, I have dragged them through hell and put them through the worst conditions. Yet, they are still 100% durable. Its so easy to pop them down into the little carrying case. My only issue is it is hard to switch the reflectors i.e if you want the silver reflector instead of the gold, you have to unzip it, flip the canvas bag, and zip it up, which is a little time consuming. Also, they are massive. About my arm span, so if you're looking for a small reflector don't buy this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, May 1, 2010
Mark Twain (Alpine Meadows) - See all my reviews
This was the cheapest 5-in-1 reflector of this size and was a great deal.

The spring is very strong, so watch out not to let it pop out and hit someone upon opening.

The zipper can snag a bit, but if you push down on the metal frame (it's flexible after all), then you can more easily zip it closed. It's decently made and the sewing and quality of materials are satisfactory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, low price, November 18, 2010
I was blown away at the quality of this when I got it. The metal frame is so sturdy that I think it might even be a little TOO sturdy (lots of resistance when folding up).. but that's a good thing. Zippers work good, and reflector material is great quality (could possibly rip if not careful though, as it's sort of a sticky material that could get caught on things).

No complaints. Should get a lot of use out of this. And for 17 bucks shipped to my door, it's a fantastic deal. Did my first shoot outdoors using the gold reflector and the photos came out great.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in the market, September 14, 2010
I bought this item 2 weeks back. The delivery was pretty fast even with standard shipping. The item is SOLID and sturdy. It's a one big giant reflector when you open it. The multi screen covers are wonderful too. I tried and tested and the results are very impressive.

Interestingly closing this reflector takes a skill. I tried doing it for myself for couple of times and could not fold it to it's one third size. I googled it and I got many youtube videos on how to fold the reflector. The one by Gavin is awesome. It's tricky but if you watch it 2-3 times, you would get it.

Highly recommended product for the price less than $10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reflector, March 17, 2011
Being a person that reads reviews for most things before I buy, I thought I should write one for this since there are only a couple. It's exactly what it says it is, though a little frustrating to fold back up (I think it's mostly just me lacking practice). The quality is great and it was holding up well in the wind today and seems to hold up on the outside with me trying to get it into the smaller circular shape for the case. Everything zips up smoothly with no problems. The surfaces are of good quality and if I need another one in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this one. It's a great price and seems very conquerable to the higher priced alternatives out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great...but, July 15, 2011
Reality is that a) great item for the price. b) need to be ridiculously careful when using. The zipper on the product is very cheap, so cheap in fact that the stitching of it started to come undone day 2 of owning this product. Also, after both of my zippers fell off of the back I recommend that anyone using this product epoxy or glue the last inch of zipper closed because both my zippers fell off and they are a pain in the ass to put back on. Those are the only two issues I have with the product. Great for anyone, but be extremely careful and UNZIP INNER COVER ALL THE WAY BEFORE TAKING IT OFF. Not the holding case, but the gold, black, white, and silver inner cover for the reflector.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, February 21, 2011
Happy to have my reflector, but I noticed the zipper is really cheap: difficult to zip and unzip, and flimsy enough that I won't be surprised when it breaks in a few months. But I knew what I was getting into given the low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large reflector/diffuser, January 11, 2011
I've used this thing for several shoots.....large enough to create enough diffuse light for a full-body shot, and versatile as both diffuser and reflector. I love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok, but cheaply made, January 3, 2012
Having a collapsible 5 in 1 reflector is a great tool for field and studio work. Shooting through it provides decently soft light, and the reflective qualities are nice. But this thing is not durable. On the second use, the zipper tab broke. I now have a small zip tie where the zipper tab was. Also, the zipper itself is not easy to work, making putting this together or breaking down a chore.