Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 23, 2014
I got this specifically for photographing snowflakes with my iPhone, and it does a pretty decent job. Not professional, but enough to see that the snowflakes are actually "storybook snowflake" shapes!

It's a little difficult to keep the zoom, especially if the phone is on top of something. I would suggest for the next version that the zoom is handled a little differently...maybe with a threaded mechanism...so when the photo is correctly zoomed into, it's more stable to take the picture. I'll post the photo in the pictures above.
review image
on January 14, 2013
My only annoyance is having to take my phone out of its case to put it in another case to use the microscope.

Other than that, this has worked great. We have already used this microscope to identify a tiny bug we found on the floor, examine money, and find and extract a splinter. Our last microscope was a USB microscope that cost much more, required drivers that eventually became obsolete, required a laptop to use, and didn't provide any better quality than this lens.

Be aware that the magnified image is a circle in the middle of your phone's screen. If that bothers you, you can zoom the screen a little to overcome it.
on March 19, 2014
This thing is amazing! At first I was using it wrong, couldn't see anything even zooming in past the circle like other reviewers have said. Then I tried it right up against my skin, zoomed in. Holy crap! This thing is powerful! My daughter and I couldn't find enough things to check out LOL Our hair, nails, scalp, a wood table, we even did my eye (yes I saw spots for a few minutes from the light, but the pic was awesome!) If you are looking for a scope for your iPhone so you can see minute details of something, close up, this is for you. If you are looking to take long distance shots like a camera zoom lens, this isn't for you. It was exactly what I wanted, thank you for offering this item!
on November 1, 2013
really neat toy and works great surprising quality and fun to play with and goof around with, but I would recommend if you like gadgets this one is authentic you just need to play with the camera a bit.
on March 14, 2013
After image is viewed zoom in.
Worth the price and a lot easier than hooking up to a microscope. Particularly useful for interesting pix.
on January 27, 2013
pretty sweet, just zoom in a bit and it works well. case fits tightly on phone and can be used as a case by itself by taking off the microscope part. it unscrews.
on May 13, 2013
Shipped quickly. Perfect Condition. Works absolutely flawlessly - no issues. I couldn't ask for more. Light source is strong. My only complaint is that the flash is covered when the case is on - make the plastic around it clear or open it up.
on April 4, 2015
The scope has NO instructions. None. The build quality is flimsy, but for 9 bucks I was expecting that. However, why not include a clue as to how to best use it? Also, it "telescopes" out I guess to increase the magnification but it's so loose it doesn't hold it's length so it's difficult to use unless you are pressing it down onto a surface or holding it horizontally.
on March 7, 2014
Sorry about my original review. I confused it with another lense I purchased. This one is actually pretty darn cool and even though it has a limited zoom visual spot, it really does work great. What's nice is you can zoom in on something then take a picture of it and examine the picture even more. Definitely worth the purchase
on May 31, 2014
Getting some great, amazing mag photos of detailed metal parts at the office. Yes, you have to swap out the cover each time you use it (I don't like keeping it on the iPhone), but that's a small inconvenience to pay.

As one reviewer already posted, key is to expand the zoom on the iPhone, then allow phone to focus. Double tapping screen for AE Auto-Focus lock also a good idea. Being patient with lighting, and rotating the light helps until you find just the right shadows / contrast. Great buy.