Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neewer LCD Timer Shutter Release Remote Control Cord RS-60E3 for Canon Pentax Hasselblad Contax Samsung, fits Canon EOS 60D 300D 350D 400D 450D 1000D 500D 550D 650D 700D 100D / Rebel XT Xti Xsi XS T1i T2i T4i T5i SL1, Rebel 2000 Rebel G Rebel G II, ELAN 7 ELAN 7E ELAN 7N ELAN II ELAN IIE IX LITE, PowerShot G10/G11, Pentax K10D K110D K100D K20D K200D KM ist D DS DS2 DL DL2 K10 MZ-6 MZ-L ZX-L, Hasselblad H H1 H2 H2D H1D, Contax 645 Nl Nx N N Digital LA-50, Samsung GX-20 GX-10 GX-1L GX-1
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 30, 2014
The Neewer LCD Timer is a great tool to have in your camera bag. It has many uses and it's not just for Time-Lapse setups.
on January 8, 2014
I would be completely happy if it were not for the fact that this control does not have an on/off switch. The only way to turn it off is by removing the batteries which is a hassle and will eventually damage the contacts for the batteries. I did a quick test with a Canon 70D and all the functions work correctly.
On a different note, The item I bought was advertised with the brand "NEEWER", however, I received a remote that looks identical except this one has the bran "SHOOT" printed.
on July 26, 2012
The value of this device is excellent. It does everything as advertised and has a quality feel that goes beyond the price. The back-lighting is very adequate for dark shots, and selecting the timer or interval settings is simple and intuitive. The manual is adequate and understandable, if not a bit wordy. (The manual isn't that necessary.)

This may not be the best timer on the market, but it is truly the best value for what you spend. The one negative is, as others have mentioned, the lack of an on and off switch. I just swap one of the batteries' poles. Still, a switch would really be a simple idea. But given the overall value of this timer, I can't take away a star for this minor inconvenience.
on August 10, 2013
This shutter release/intervalometer works just perfect. I bought it for my Canon 60D (I confirm it's compatible) and it can be used for either a remote shutter button or a timed automatic intervalometer to take time lapse and long exposure photos. Works every bit as well as the much higher priced other brands.

I have one minor gripe: the LCD screen is designed so it's light characters on a dark background, so unless the backlight is on it's impossible to read the screen even in broad daylight and bright direct sunlight. The backlight is operated by a button that turns it on for about 5 seconds or so, and then turns back off. I'd have preferred its design to be dark characters on a light background so it can be read in daylight without needing the backlight, and a function to keep the backlight on without shutting off (such as holding down the backlight button for a couple seconds or so). Also, the unit doesn't shut off, requiring me to flip a battery around or insert something in the contacts so it doesn't drain the batteries, but that's a minor detail.
on May 30, 2016
I don't really have much new to say about this as this is my third purchase of this same remore and they have all worked great. One of them as a different connection for a special Canon plug but this one and the one it is replacing has a standard sub-miniature plug. The first one is still working and going strong, I just actually sold it with a previous camera since my two other cameras need the special Canon "N" plug. Unfortunately the the only way to extend that one more than 3 feet is to buy a 25 foot cable that only Canon sells and because of that, it sells for $75...or so I thought. I found that I had standard audio cables and one from a "lightning strike finder" that would allow me to extend this one for my new camera just like I was with the old for a small fraction of the price, even re-buying this. It's unfortunate that I didn't have this brainstorm before I gave this away with the sale of that older camera so that is why I am buying it again.
on May 4, 2014
I paid the extra bucks for the interval function to use my canon sl1.... don't waste your money. The only thing that works with the sl1 is keeping the button pressed down. The camera has a visible timer when live view is in use. (Yes, I was using bulb in the camera).
on February 28, 2014
Item works as described. Quality is not bad, Just had to get used to the controls but plug it in to the T2i and it was off on a Timelapse Spree. Was fun using on Set seeing everything being built and taking shape. Well time to go lapse something. :P
on December 11, 2012
I always use it, so many functions and combinations to use!
It never shuts off, uses as much battery as a watch.

Every inexpensive but the build quality to TOP NOTCH
Worth ever penny.
on August 20, 2015
Other than the no on/off button or switch, it's great and easy to use. I've never used a timer before, and I am a new DSLR owner, but I was able to figure it out with a quick glance at the manual (a REAL quick glance lol).
on October 30, 2013
Based on other positive reviews, I must have gotten a defective unit. It trips the shutter as soon as I plug it in, but subsequently will not on the timed functions or manually. I have two different Canon EOS cameras, doesn't work on either one. Also bought a simple manual remote shutter release at the same time, it works fine - on both cameras. Finally, I tested this one with a test meter - there is in fact voltage across the pins! I hope this has not damaged my brand new 70D!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse