5.0 out of 5 stars Superior Socket Sleeve Nets Neewer More Business
I used this device to suspend an 85 watt, full spectrum CFL bulb over a 3-5 gall grow bucket during the vegetative stage of my indoor grow room.

Compared to the Limo Studio brand, the Neewer brand is superior.

The Neewer brand has a metal sleeve to screw your CFL bulb into firmly.

Whereas, the Limo Studio brand does not.

I found...
Published on September 26, 2011 by hempaz

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price cheap quality
I received these the other day and was very disappointed.I bought two of these. One was unusable out of the box. The other worked for about 5 minutes before shorting out. Requesting a refund
Published on July 16, 2011 by CCDC Data Project

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior Socket Sleeve Nets Neewer More Business, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Neewer Studio AC Socket Light Stand Mount Umbrella Holder (Electronics)

Compared to the Limo Studio brand, the Neewer brand is superior.

The Neewer brand has a metal sleeve to screw your CFL bulb into firmly.

Whereas, the Limo Studio brand does not.

I found the Limo Studio plastic threads to be unsecure, thus placing the bulb at risk.

Whereas, on the other hand, with the Neewer socket being of metal alloy, rather than molded plastic, the bulb screwed in firmly and tight.

Both had approx 9 - 10 ft. cords, so either way you have plenty of room to maneuver.

But, the Neewer wins out for durability of the metal sleeve to hold the bulb in place firmly.

If you look closely at the picture of the Neewer brand, you will see the superior metal sleeve inside the bulb socket.

The 85 watt 'full spectrum' CFL bulb is a huge bulb with additional weight to suspend. If you mount your Neewer socket firmly, and if you firmly screw the medium bulb into the metal sleeve of the Neewer socket, you should have 'no hay problema' for (18) hours on, (8) hours off.

Make sure your timer is plugged into a surge cube to protect your investment in the 85 watt CFL 'full spectrum' bulb.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price cheap quality, July 16, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Inner metal threads fall out, January 27, 2012
I like the way this articulates and mounts, but the thin metal threaded ring in the socket fell out. Bulbs won't thread in. This happened the first time I tried it, when I pulled it out of the box. YMMV, but I'm sending this back and will order another brand, hopefully not China and hopefully higher quality. Some of the products with the "Neewer" name on it have been pretty good, for a cheap Chinese mfg, but this one doesn't hold up to the name.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird cracking noise, June 15, 2012
There is a weird cracking noise when I screw a bulb into this thing. It works fine, thought. I'm just super-careful about doing that. If you baby it, it should be fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 9, 2012
GNG "George" (M.Grove ILL USA) - See all my reviews
Why four stars - I just left another star to compare with bather build unit. But I do not need more. I'm using this for my umbrellas with fluorescent bulbs. They don't emit mach heat, so I'm not afraid of burning the plastic. At least for the price I'll buy few extra.
George

5.0 out of 5 stars good, May 28, 2014
I ordered this as a replacement to an older socket I had that was coming apart. This one seems more durable and works perfectly for my home studio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, April 24, 2014
I purchased this light socket as part of a continuous light setup. Its plastic construction may not hold up as well if used as a portable system, but for studio applications, it may fare better.

I would suggest testing it as soon as you receive it; some people have reported faulty socket contacts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job ok, April 24, 2014
Good in a pinch and OK for occasional use, but not built well enough (IMO) for everyday use where the unit may be subject to bangs and bumps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap stuff, April 16, 2014
When I received this product and opened the packaging, a tiny screw fell off. I also heard another loose screw or something rattling inside the product. When I first turned it on it didn't work. Actually it didn't work at all. I tried to salvage it by tightening the screws in the light socket. I also screwed in the loose screw that fell off. Only after that did it work. I don't think it will last long though. Cheap quality. I do not recommend this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but flimsy., February 25, 2014
You will break this thing the first time you try to tighten it up onto your light stand. Metal body or at least cup would be helpful.

Rate and Discover Movies