Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 20, 2011
***NOTE*** THIS IS A MANUAL FLASH...YOU CANNOT USE YOUR CANON CAMERA FLASH MENU TO CONTROL THE FLASH.

I must say, I didn't have high expectations for this flash. I checked some of the reviews and they were mixed, but reviews are a small part of the reason I make a purchase. The flash is pretty well built for the price range, and seems like it will last for a long time. The optical slave NEVER misses, and it's extremely sensitive even when it's turned in the opposite direction of the master flash. Even though I'm a professional Photographer...to me...Light is light no matter where it comes from. If your flash cost you $500...can I use this flash an create the same image?...You bet I can...How you use your equipment is more important than what equipment you have. Don't get me wrong though...more expensive pieces of equipment usually have more options and allow you certain freedoms, but ehhh...learn with the cheap stuff, and once you see your limits with this equipment...move on from there.

******************************************

Update!!!!: 9/11/2013

First of all (today is 9/11) my condolences to those who have lost loved ones as I did in the attacks)

It has been ALMOST 2 years since I've purchased 3 of these flashes, and they are still working PERFECTLY!!!
I'm not a fan of spending money on things that will breakdown in the future, and these flashes have been banged around and thrown all over the place yet they still continue to produce excellent light for my photography needs.

I usually use them for background, hair lights, and sometimes as a filler when it's needed and they have been great. The construction is solid, ease of use is key, optical slave is super sensitive and reliable. When you have good batteries in them...the recycle time is quick. I recommend VERY good rechargeable batteries (eneloop and powerex have never failed me).

******************************************
Update: 12/9/2013

I ordered another one today to use as another slave...the other 3 that I have are still working perfectly fine and I have never had a problem with them at all. for such a cheap product...it's pretty shocking that they last this long and contunue to fire on command in slave mode without a miss!!!! I might be getting 2 more of these for a total of 6...some of my light setups are very elaborate, and I've learned the distance to power ratio in my studio of these flashes and never need to meter tham...they add light just where I need it when I have a snoot on each one. PERFECT!!!
review image review image review image
9494 comments| 1,279 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2013
positives:
(1). comes with a built in bounce card and wide angle diffuser (you dont even need this with anything narrower than 18mm)
(2). 8 steps of manual control in 1/8th stop increments (1/128, 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1/1)
(3). has an auto overheat shutoff
(4). has a PC sync cord so it can be used with PC capable light meters and cameras.
(5). the controls are super simple, bright, and easy to see even at a glance
(6). rotates 270 degrees and tilts from 0 to 90 degrees
(7). it feels nice in the hand. heavy but not bulky or overweighted. doesn't feel cheap, the hot shoe locking screw is secure but not too tight. there's no rattling or any sort of movement that's unwanted. stays securely on your hot shoe.
(8). HAS A SLAVE MODE. the slave is super sensitive and fires every time if you give it time to recharge (.1s for 1/164 and 5s for 1/1) and it even has a "slave 2 mode" that will fire only once your master and 1st slave have fired.
(9). CHEAP AS HELL
now for the negatives
(1). tilting the head from the horizontal to vertical position works like it should and clicks into the designated 45, 60, and 75 degree positions without a problem but when tilting it back from vertical to horizontally seems to get caught on something and takes more force and makes a different sound than the clicking that it should when changing the angle.
(2). the battery chamber has a problem. some brands of AA batteries work fine but others dont meet the contacts like they should. i tested the batteries and made sure they weren't just dead but there's just a problem with the way that batteries fit in the compartment. here's what i've found:
Energizer regular and rechargeable = works fine
Duracell = works fine
panasonic regular and rechargeable = will not work
i tried everything with the panasonic batteries. i switched the order of them, wiped off the leads and even scuffed them up a little with some sandpaper, i tried everything. panasonic batteries and this flash just dont like each other. sorry.
**if you've tested any other brands of normal or rechargeable batteries and can tell if they do or dont work please comment below to let others know.**
1717 comments| 387 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Godox TT560 (released in America from NEEWER) is a Speedlite that has received positive reviews from budget photographers in Asia. Released in Jan. 2010, there is not much known about this flash and because it was around the same pricepoint as YN-560, people flocked to the Yongnuo flashes for their budget strobist needs.

Well, in August 2011, the TT560 went from $60 to the $40-range and many who noticed the price drop, flocked to Amazon to purchase this flash.

While the photos and video of this flash have shown pretty positive photos from our Asian counterparts, their reviews were positive because it gave quite a bang for the buck and it was easily accessible.

So, let's take a look at the TT560 Neewer (Godox) Speedlite.

I. UNBOXING AND SETUP

The TT560, similar to Yongnuo's YN-560 comes in a black pouch, stand and instructions.

Comparisons can be made in look of the TT560 as it has a reflection board and built-in wide panel, optical control sensor, lock ring and hot shoe stand. The hotshoe stand is plastic and takes 4 double AA batteries (which I used four Eneloops).

On the back, you will notice that it has an output level indicator, mode select (M=manual, S1, S2), Charging Indicator, Test button and Power Switch. It is important to note that this flash does not come with a Zoom for the flash.

The indicator are in blue LED's while the power is the red LED dot.

POWER SAVING FUNCTION: The flash does come with a power-saving function which will go into standby mode in about 30 minutes of idle use. Press any button to wake it up.

PROTECTION FUNCTION: To prevent from overheating, the following is important to know:

POWER LEVEL 1/1, 1/2 - 20 Flashes which will activated over-temperature protection
POWER LEVEL 1/4, 1/8 - 40 Flashes which will activated over-temperature protection
POWER LEVEL 1/16,1/32 - 80 Flashes which will activated over-temperature protection
POWER LEVEL 1/64, 1/128 - 160 Flashes which will activated over-temperature protection

SPECS:
According to the document, this is a Guide number 38 (ISO 100) Flash, Vertical Rotation (0-90 degrees), Horizontal Rotation (0-270 Degrees), Color Temperature 56000K+/- 200K

II. TEST

I am testing this on a Canon T3i:

On-Camera Flash - It's important to note that this is not an E-TTL flash. But you probably don't need it as you can control the flash power levels through the back of the flash. Everything worked as the flash was supposed to, so I can't complain. As an On-Camera Flash, because of it's price...with the Sunpak PFX30 being the next cheaper alternative (with E-TTL), the TT560 pretty much gives more bang for the buck at $40+.

I have not used this Flash for a long period of time to see how quality is over long use but I did contact people in Asia who are using it and they have said the flash is still working and they use it in their strobist setup today. So, that's good news!

Off-Camera Flash - My main purpose for this Flash was to use it in addition to my YN-560 flash. Zoom was not important for me as I have the YN-560's for that. But what was important for me was that it worked with the RF-603C trigger/receiver/tranceiver. After finding out that the Sunpak PFX30 did not work, I took the risk of purchasing this flash, not knowing if it worked or not but fortunately, this flash did work with the Yongnuo RF-603's.

I then started taking a few photos with the Flash in rapid succession and recycle time was fairly quick. According to the instructions (0-1.5 seconds via AA Alkaline).

So, using it along with the YN-560's, I was able to use this flash with no problems whatsoever.

JUDGMENT CALL:

The Neewer (or Godox) TT560 is a straightforward flash and most importantly, my primary needs was to control the output and that it worked on my RF-603C. Granted, it didn't come with zoom and that is why I bypassed it at $59, when I could get the YN-560's (or even another Yongnuo flash for the same price).

At $40, it was great price (prices tend to fluctuate as of late between $40-$50) and it serves as another flash for my setup. It's rival right now probably is the older YN-460II and which one would I would recommend, it's pretty much subjective as they are the same cost but because I didn't need a zoom, while the YN-460II had a metal shoe, the TT560 has a shoe lock. Also, more people have experienced problems with the 460 and obviously, there are hardly negatives on this TT560 at this time. For now, I give a thumbs up to this flash, for its price and functions.

For On or off-camera use, this flash is definitely worth buying and at least worth considering if you are looking into inexpensive multiple flash. At $40, I'm not going to complain...it's actually a solid deal!

Pros:
- Power Saving and Protection Functions
- Easy to use buttons
- Horizontal/Vertical Swivel
- Wide Angle Diffuser
- Flash stand with needed threaded hole
- Great for On and Off-Camera Use - Manual and Slave Mode 1, 2
- Fast recycling charge
- Shoe Lock
- Price (if in the $40's)
- Works with RF-603

Cons:
- Lack of Zoom
- Plastic Shoe
- Lack of PC cord socket
6262 comments| 439 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2012
Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite For Canon/Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

I just got these in after reading so many good reviews. From the view point of someone who just loves taking pictures as a hobby, these were just what i was looking for since I'm on a strict tight budget. I was saving up for Canon's 430EXII or something like that the one that costs around $450ish but after looking at this i thought its too cheap, maybe i should just save but now I'm glad i got it, 2 actually.

Right out of the box they feel light and feels closer to what the top of the canon t3i body feels like (By the way I'm doing this review on the Canon T3i). Both came with horseshoes and i love how it came with a diffuser and white card on top. I first loaded the flash on the camera and though you can't control its output through the camera the LED lights on the flash aren't hard to read. it has 8 LEDs on the left from small to long reflecting on the amount of light it produces. There was M, S1, S2 and a power LED. Its easy to change output and mode but since I'm new to the flash accessories one of my friends was upset that the time it took to cycle to the next flash was too long which i thought was not accurate unless your use to expensive flashes. The cycle time on the short output was less than a second and the large burst was a couple of seconds tell you could fire it up again. (Also depends on how much low batteries where, one cycled quicker than the other and i have older batteries in it and newer ones in the other.

Using the ETTL setting on the Canon, i was able to fire all flashes (On board, and both TT560's wirelessly together).
Sure its a bit not comfortable having to walk to the flashes individually to change output but for a fraction of the cost i think its worth it. I was also a good ways from the flashes when i fired them, around 15~20ft.

I love theses flashes so far, they do what i need them to do, im still learning how to adjust them and use them but they are great for the price.

***NOTE***

on the Canon T3i, under flash control you needed to go to on board flash and from there use custom function. From there select channels and you can't fire the flashes by themselves or at least i haven't figured out how to, i tried but the on board flash went off anyway or in one time it didn't fire the flashes at all. It gives you options to change ratio of how much light comes from the on board one and i still need to play with that other than that no problems whatsoever.

***UPDATE***
I've been using the flash for awhile and still loving it. I recently discovered using it on the camera, you have to have the flash set to M and it WILL NOT FIRE in live view so to use it on the camera instead of onboard camera you need to have it on M and not use live view. Using it off camera i thought you needed to have the infrared pointed at the camera but noticed yesterday taking pictures i had it behind the camera and it still fired using S1, but it could of been because the Flash from the onboard flash going off, i'll look into that more. I made a video showing sample pictures from someone who doesn't use professional equipment on a couple of websites so i'll share what i found here. I think it needs a bit of re-editing though since i made it.
review image
55 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2014
Failed to flash about every 25th go. When it did flash, output was inconsistent - often a half a stop darker.

I purchased this just to use as a slave to be triggered by another flash - a Yongnuo 560-II. I figured this one looked pretty similar and cost a lot less (though it's less powerful and doesn't have zooming or an LCD screen, doesn't go into sleep mode. I didn't need those things). The Yongnuo was about $60 and this one was $37 at the time.

I would should 100 shots of the same setup with the same 2 flashes -- everything the same (this was for macro - close up work). Over and over again I'd find dark frames on the Neewer TT560 side and the Yongnuo was dead on every time.

If you're shooting your nephew's 5th Birthday Party and don't care if the shots come out (why aren't you using a phone cam?), then this is OK. If you care at all, pay the $25 extra and get the Yongnuo. (Actually, Yongnuo has a 460-ii model for about $40. I haven't tried that, but I'd give it a shot before this one).
on December 17, 2013
I was looking for a set of portable strobes to take into the field that could be used as portable flashes, and the Neewer TT560 would have seemed to fit the bill--with a claimed guide number (GN) of 38 (in meters, at ISO 100), this would be a powerful flash indeed and one could be forgiven for thinking that it would be as powerful as much more expensive flashes from Canon and Nikon.

Sadly, after ordering three flashes and testing all three, I have to report that the specifications are far from accurate.

To test the flash power, I used a flash meter, which can be used to provide the actual power of the unit. At full power, the flash should be putting out the power provided by the GN of 38 (in meters, at ISO 100) or if you're measuring distance to subject in feet, GN123. However, my testing revealed a consistent GN of between 45 and 48--only 40% of the claimed output.

On the positive side, all three of the flash units are very consistent in providing this output. But it's actually quite weak--with power dropping off enough that the flash becomes useless at distances more than 10 feet at ISO 100. Users will need to increase the ISO sensitivity of their cameras to increase flash effectiveness, even at minimal distances like 6 feet.

For the $39, this isn't a bad flash, just a terribly underpowered one. Add in the fact that it's a "manual-only" flash with no automatic or through the lens (TTL) metering capabilities and this flash is really a two-star flash. Too bad the manufacturer inflated the numbers--I might have bought something else instead!
on March 30, 2016
Garbage! Save your money!

Used it on two (2) photo-shoots and already the bounce card and pop-up diffuser broke. Now I have a rattling in my flash head from the damaged parts. Flash was never dropped and transported in a padded camera bag, very secure. Less than 60 days of ownership and Amazon won't replace...DO NOT BUY!
on February 2, 2016
After four gentle uses in just over a month and maybe 40 exposures, the plastic diffuser fell off. It didn't break off, it just FELL off. Not sure how that happened but it won't go back on.
Wouldn't you know it, if it happened 2 days earlier then Amazon would have taken it back.
review image
on December 2, 2013
It was DOA, never worked before I returned it for a better flash. I have no idea about the over all quality of this brand but I was not willing to just replace the first one with a second unit as I had a pending big family event and felt I could not take that chance.
on June 27, 2014
Hey guys,

I would not recommend this for professional use. I would just get the right tool for the job.
After a week out of country:
Only takes duracel batteries...won't even work with energizer (should have known this and had extras)
Only worked 8 out of 10 times indoors...frustrating.
Reflector came out and couldn't get back inside...

Getting a Speed light for ~190 will save you much frustration. If it's professional just do it.