Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neewer 433MHz Wireless 16 Channel Flash Remote Trigger with Receiver for TT850, TT860 Speedlite and Godox V850, V860 Speedlite
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 6, 2014
This product really represents an incredible bargain. I only wish you could buy the receiver separately so you don't end up with a bunch of transmitters.

*UPDATE* It has come to my attention that you can buy receivers separately on eBay under the Godox brand (the company that manufactures these for Neewer) directly from Godox. Hopefully they find their way onto Amazon soon.
1010 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2014
It does what it's supposed to in that I can adjust the flash power level remotely, it fires the flash, and it is very inexpensive. I have a couple of minor nits, but the range is the biggest issue I had with this.

Transmitter: The build quality isn't bad for the price, it has a metal hot shoe and it stays put when you tighten it down. The controls are easy to understand, although some of them don't have a function, at least not with the TT860/V860. My biggest disappointment was the limited range. Outside unobstructed the farthest I got was 70' and it was inconsistent. When obstructed by one human body or a half inch piece of plywood, the best I got was about 40', and that wasn't completely reliable. For it to be reliable, I needed to be 30' or less with one obstruction. That is workable if you are using these in most studio environments, however, if you are using it in venue for a wedding or party, the range just isn't going to cut it.

Receiver: As others have pointed out, it's fairly easy to knock the receiver off the flash. This of course can be remedied by various methods such as rubber bands or velcro, but unfortunately if you fix the receiver to the flash it will no longer fit in the carrying case. I also found that it's easy to bump the group dial so that it's no longer on the correct group and won't receive any commands from the transmitter.
on March 6, 2014
Others detailed the great featuers - I say - Buy this trigger! (along with the 850 flash)

Had to write a review because people are dinging this trigger because NH is having Polar Vortex trouble keeping up with orders for this #1 seller. Not Fair! So I added another 5 star to keep it up.

I don't think others mentioned that this trigger will passthru HSS to 1/4000 when piggybacked on a YN622N. or on a HSS T/R like the Odins. It has the Cells II for HSS for Canon also. (It *might* also passthru a YN622C, or Odin.)

Another feature not always mentioned is that by holding the */- buttons down the values increment by full stops so it makes big moves pretty quick. :-)

HTH, Peter A
on December 17, 2013
Works very well with my new TT850 flash unit. Simple setup. Used channel 1 on both and it just worked. Adjust the power setting to 1/x instead of 5.x - 10 setting. This way you can control flash power remotely. I have been using it extensively. So far I have not missed a shot.
on December 18, 2014
Well thought out. For the price of a PocketWizard you can get this AND the Neewer TT850 flash. I'm a professional photographer and this combined with the TT850 is quite the portable lighting scenario.

Having the ability to set power from the remote is wonderful. Also, having various channels and zones makes it even more versatile.

The LiIon battery pack is something I've been asking requesting from Canon for a very long time. Well, forget Canon. I'm buying a few more of these and some TT850s.

I'd recommend this to photographer looking for portable lighting.
on January 29, 2015
Great control, very affordable but I wish all the dials illuminated so you could see which strobes you were adjusting in dimly lit situations. You have to have a system of remembering which strobes are which so you don't change power on the wrong unit. Once you get it figured out though, this system will make your Pocket Wizards collect a lot of dust.
on April 2, 2014
These are fantastic. I love them in addition to the flash they're attached to. It's a little cumbersome to change the settings but I think just about anything attached to the camera would be a bit hard to change.
on February 26, 2014
Ok, first off I have to say my absolute favorite feature of this set is the fact that the receiver gets its power from the amazing and powerful v850/tt850's LI-Ion battery! Not having to worry about extra batteries for the receiver is awesome! And I love how small it is,, really only about 1/3 of an inch thick, so you can barely tell its on the flash.

I have used these triggers now for 2 weddings, 3 engagement shoots and 2 family shoots. Not a single miss fire that I can recall! And I love how fast and easy you can change the power level! I also purchased the Cell II trigger so I can shoot HSS, and even though you still need this trigger to adjust the power, it doesn't bother me at all. I keep it in my pocket, pull it out of my pocket and change the setting, and stick it back in. It has worked flawlessly for me and its very smooth and easy. so far, I have shot about 4000+ photos using this setup and its working great!

If you can't tell, I really like this. I have used pocket wizards, YN-622's, and even Canon's 600ex wireless system, and I have to say this is my favorite so far. And for the price, its awesome. I still have and probably will use my YN-622's when the v860c flash comes out because from what I am reading they will work with them and all the features will function properly.

I own the Canon 5D MK III and the Canon 6D. These triggers work great on both. I have also tested them on the Nikon D4 and the Nikon D610. They work great on those as well. HSS doesn't work yet, but that will come soon for Nikon I'm sure.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
Placed the order and 3-4 weeks later, nothing arrived. Contacted the seller and had to wait another 1-2 weeks for replacement.

here's the review of the unit:

Pros:
-easy manual power control of the 850 speedlights.
-Radio trigger, no line of sight needed.
-Uses standard 2xAA batteries.

Cons:
- battery door is a super tight fit. A bit of a hassle to take on/off.
- The obnoxious Q/A tested stickers are big and white and stuck onto the device. They are more like decals so you can cleanly remove them.

Notes: Would love a grouping feature. The unit triggers all flashes... the only way to turn one light off is to adjust its power level all the way down to "off". Maybe a future transmitter will allow an easy grouping feature.
on June 11, 2015
Works flawlessly. Haven't had a single misfire. I have several of these and they are easy to set up. Work perfectly with a Fuji X-T1, X-E1 and both Nikon bodies. One came with an AD-180 flash, the other I purchased alone. Almost like an Apple product - it just works! I would buy again.