Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2011 9:18:27 PM PST
Beth says:
First of all, I don't have this book, and as I have no children of the age for whom this book is intended, I won't be buying it.

However, those who are considering buying this book should be aware that the numerous negative reviews of this CHILDREN'S BOOK are from Ron Paul supporters who are angry with Dick Morris because Mr. Morris made some less than flattering comments about Dr. Paul in his regular political analyst job. Dick Morris' opinion of Ron Paul has absolutely NOTHING to do with this book, yet the crazy Paul cult somehow, in their deranged mania, decided that the way to improve Dr. Paul's image would be to post a call for Paul supporters to write negative reviews of Morris' CHILDREN'S BOOK on Amazon.

I trust the discerning shopper will treat these "reviews" accordingly. I also trust the discerning voter will regard these "reviewers" accordingly as well.

It's pretty amazing how these delinquents can make me come to the defense of someone like Dick Morris, a man to whom I would normally never give more than a moment's attention. Well done, kiddies.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 6:31:16 AM PST
Beth, it seems like the same things were said about Bill O'Reilley's book on Lincoln. Then it turned out that Ford's Theater banned the book because just like the reviews said, it was not an accurate history. I don't think this is about Ron Paul.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 9:30:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2011 9:31:31 AM PST
Dan says:
Is it the normal to just go and blame Ron Paul supporters now? Get real. If this book were really under attack it'd have a lot more than some paltry 60 something reviews. Dick Morris is just really terrible at writing books, you can look up any of his books and they all have bad reviews. So sorry, not buying it.

And for the record, no I did not read, nor write a review for this book, I just saw dick whining on the news and had to come laugh at him for being such a rtard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 8:31:30 PM PST
Beth says:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-oreilly-fords-theater-is-selling-his-lincoln-book-despite-minor-misstatements/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 3:49:51 AM PST
S. Weeden says:
Wow. Charming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 6:12:48 AM PST
F. Hollister says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 9:21:20 PM PST
What serious historical errors, specifically?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 6:36:31 AM PST
F. Hollister says:
Michelle A. McClellan:

Since you ask so nicely:

#1 - The treatment of Mary Surrat.

#2 - The false accusation that Sec. Steward was in on the plot.

Specific enough for you?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 2:14:13 AM PST
You are both right and wrong. Ford's Theatre banned the book at first due to the dishonest and biased reviews of the book from those on the left. In case you aren't aware, the book is now back on the Ford's list . . . and is a NYT Bestseller!

The whole thing had nothing to do with Ron Paul, but had everything to do aboutliberal bashing of books written by conservatives/independents. Please try to be more honest in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 8:40:53 AM PST
F. Hollister says:
Nancy L. Blanchard:

It is a serious error to state Ford's Theatre "banned" any book. That's nonsense. There are, per The Washington Post, two gift shops at that site. One has elected to sell Bull O'Really's? book. The other, based on the numerous errors in it, does not sell the book.

This really isn't so hard to follow, now is it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 6:26:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 6:30:08 AM PST
ScarletDove says:
Hollister, my remark is about the WaPo. I am a native Washingtonian several generations and have watched the WaPo deteriorate into a liberal rag sheet for decades. It is worthless and I use the Sunday edition to line my litter box. Anything that comes out of the WaPo is not worth paying any attention to, guarantee it leans far left with some nutty "journalists". It is insulting to us natives how it has deteriorated; a treasure has been damaged beyond repair. Perhaps the best solution to any book is to judge it from your own personal perspective and merit, if you choose to challenge the politics, then so be it. I purchased this book for my grandson so that he could learn at a 5yr olds level about govt and his ancestors city of birth! I never looked at the name of the author, but since I now know it is written by Dick Morris, I am even more pleased I ordered it, for I have yet to receive it and of course have not read it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 11:54:20 AM PST
F. Hollister says:
ScarletDove:

Fascinating.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dubs Goes to Washington: And Discovers the Greatness of America
Dubs Goes to Washington: And Discovers the Greatness of America by Eileen McGann (Paperback - October 19, 2011)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (218)