Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2011 7:48:16 AM PDT
Mr. r gowans says:

I have been purchasing items from both amazon and market sellers on amazon for a while now
I have always left good feedback to the sellers but on one occassion I left negitive feedback as a result of poor customer service from a seller which he denied and sent me an email saying I had lied I never tho it was somthing I ordered that must have got lost in the post he claims he sent me a refund straight away however I never knew this as amazon never emailed me to say this so I then thought he deserved negitive feedback so I left it and said poor customer service etc

He then emailed me which I thought was abusive and intimidating and said that I lied because because he processed my refund straight away I then said I didn't get no email to tell me he had processed the refund that's were the confusion is he then reported me to amazon and got my feedback removed.

I then reported him to amazon saying he used abusive and intimidating words

Its either amazon that's removed my feedback or someone who's hacked into my account

I knew my feedback didn't break the rules I have told amazon this I explained I will fight this all the way to have my feedback put back on all amazon keep saying is that it's passed onto the internal department

Everyone else's feedback gets listed weather it be good or bad basically I think because I left bad feedback he simply didn't like it and got it removed

I am determined to get my feedback listed up again I am going to fight this To the end

Anyone else had this problem

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 12:01:57 AM PDT
Beach Lover says:
feed back for seller can only be ABOUT seller. If you mention a product in Seller feedback, Amazon removes it automatically.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 6:26:05 PM PDT
Yes. My feedback was negative (I gave a "fair" rating) but courteous. I also directly informed the seller of the feedback I chose to leave and my reasons for it. feedback was "removed" without my knowledge/consent. I assume seller asked amazon to remove it. As a loyal amazon customer, I am disgusted.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 6:27:56 PM PDT
I understand. Amazon should realize that if a seller chooses to sell crap, then the seller is responsible for the crap they choose to sell.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2013 2:08:55 AM PDT
George says:
This happened to me today. I had a dispute about resolving a problem with a seller who sent me the wrong item and the seller contacted amazon, who promptly removed my feedback without consulting me. This is ridiculous! I called amazon and they said they'd get back to me in 2-3 days with an explanation, telling me "what they could" tell me about the situation.

I am extremely disgusted about this situation.

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 6:37:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2013 6:38:16 AM PDT
Rick says:
It's the same here.
My post only mentioned that a hardware product I ordered worked, but arrived in a plastic bag (no box).

It seems to have been removed.
Awaiting a response from Amazon so I can rephrase it how they wish and resubmit it.

Amazon really let me down with it. Can't trust the reviews on sellers any longer.

Posted on Aug 21, 2014 4:08:06 PM PDT
J. James says:
Same hear as well. They deleted my feedback couldn't even send me a e-mail that they did & a reason why.

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 10:50:46 AM PDT
Matt says:
I had this happen to me as well. I purchased a CD from a seller on 9/16. Two days later, they updated my account stating that it was shipped, but did not provide a tracking number to go along with it. Over a week had passed, so I thought I'd email the seller since they were only in NJ, so it shouldn't have taken that long to ship to me since they claimed to have sent it out on the 18th. I asked for a tracking number, and they just replied with "contact me if you don't get it by the "due date" of October 9th" and did not provide a tracking number. So I waited another couple of weeks, and finally got the item. I looked on the front of the item, and a tracking number was provided on it from the post office. I looked it up on their website, and it actually shipped out on 9/25, so the seller lied about the date they actually shipped it. I was planning on giving this item as a gift for someone, and didn't expect it to take 3 weeks to get to me.

I left feedback indicating that they did not provide me with a tracking number when I requested it, and that they sent it over a week after they indicated that they shipped it. Almost immediately after I posted it, I received an email notification from Amazon notifying me that the tracking ID for my order had been updated (after I had received the item and posted negative feedback). I made no mention of the product, did not use obscene language, did not mention of any personal information, and it was removed. Immediately, the seller emailed me saying that he updated the tracking information the second day he shipped it out (Which was obviously a lie because I got an update from amazon that day stating that he updated the tracking information), and asked me to remove the feedback. But Amazon already did that instead without my consent or contacting me.

After going to his page, I noticed that almost ALL of the negative feedback left for him within the past week was removed. All of these people had similar stories to my situation. I think it's pathetic that Amazon would even allow any of this. It's false information that the buyer can use to avoid buying from a dishonest person like I dealt with. Today, I viewed the seller's profile, and there's another person who had the same exactly problem as me with the tracking information. This person said that the seller updated it 4 days after he received the item, and the seller replied to his feedback calling him a liar.

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 8:10:48 AM PST
frank says:
can't trust amazon. claim denied - no explanation. seller negative feedback removed - no explanation. new feedback will not post. e-commerce only thrives when customers can trust the site to be fair. I have appealed but hold little hope. No call, no letter, just an electronic railroad.

I plan to reverse the charge and then let others know. - Amazon is not trustworthy.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:15:01 PM PDT
Sniggumfritz says:
Same thing happened to me too. I left a negative feedback for the seller due to them ripping me off and their customer service. The seller was extremely rude to me. The way the seller talked to me made it seem as though Amazon had their back and sure enough, Amazon did. Then I checked the seller feedback I had left and noticed it was gone. Contacted Amazon about it and they explained that they would "take care of it." I even commented on the seller's Facebook page about the poor customer service I received and stated factual information that was inline with the FB community standards. The seller reported my comment and had it taken down. I screenshot my comments and put them back up on their site. Since then I have reported the seller to the BBB, the FTC, Consumer Affairs, and the local new station where the seller resides.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2015

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about