Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neiko 40367 9 LED NINE Super-Bright LED Flood Light Head Lamp
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 5, 2007
I'm a technologist, and spend time under desks, inside equipment cabinets, and up in ceilings. A good hands-free light is a great tool to have.

The light itself is very good. Despite only using three AAA cells, the brightest setting provided a lot of light. The small battery also meant it was small and lightweight. The headband, with a loop around and a loop over, was pretty good.

It has three brightness settings, plus a flashing setting, plus "Off". That is all controlled by a single push-button, which cycles through the settings. I found this more annoying than anything else -- I'd rather a simple on/off. I always went for the brightest setting. I think this is more of a gimmick than anything else.

More seriously, it suffers from from cheap construction. Thin plastic. A piece of cosmetic trim broke off almost right away. The lens over the light tended to get loose and fall off easily. And the plastic clips holding the band off broke off after a few months, turning it into a hand-held flashlight.

If it was a more durable design, this would be a great product. As is, it's just not strong enough for real-world use.
22 comments|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2009
I can now read comfortably in bed without disturbing my wife. The ability to adjust output and to aim the light are great features.
on December 28, 2009
Do not purchase these headlamps. I ordered 3 of them, as christmas gifts for my nieces and nephew, and only 1 of them worked out of the box. I guess you get what you pay for.
on May 5, 2011
I recently ran into this light on Amazon while looking at headlamps. It brought back memories from when I received one as a gift years ago. It's complete crap, and I threw it away after the fourth use. The band is crap, the battery door is crap, and the battery contacts are crap. The LEDs are OK, but they don't light up a hallway the way I would like.

Bottom line = Crap.

Don't buy unless it's for someone you don't like.
on January 15, 2011
Great for working on car engines when it's dark. Since it has 9 LED bulbs, it provides the perfect amount of light. Don't think twice about getting a head lamp with less bulbs. Those who do end up getting one with less bulbs end up not liking it and never buying a head lamp again. Definitely worth more than it's price! I give it 5 stars.
on February 10, 2013
Bought this for my girlfriend for night time shrimping. Since it takes 3 standard AAA batteries, it seems to work forever as she uses it two or three times a week.
And haven't had to replace the batteries yet!
Recommended.
on October 30, 2011
I purchased this headlight with the idea of using it for running/trail walking at night. The description made it sound like an ideal tool for this.The straps are too soft and stretchy. The light is very dim and there is almost no difference between using one LED or all of them. It is a large and bulky unit, with only three positions available. I purchased a $2 mini light from a local farm store with the same battery configuration, and it is literally ten times brighter.Not worth the money.
on May 18, 2012
Another reviewer mentioned a gasoline smell. I figured she was mistaken or exaggerating. But it smells almost exactly like gasoline. Hopefully the smell will dissipate in a few weeks. The MSDS for gasoline doesn't sound too bad for inhalation of gasoline vapor, so I wouldn't worry much about the gasoline smell.

I would not use the light for high speed bicycle riding (not bright enough) or for running (the straps jiggle too much). But it should make a good emergency light for power outages, flat tires, etc.
on August 14, 2012
This head mounted light worked very well for all of about an hour. It would not stay on the head well and the light itself would flicker and stop working. I would have to tap the light (harder and harder each time) just to get it to work. Needless to say, I purchased a different head mounted light.
on October 13, 2011
Don't usually write reviews but had to for these gems. Really great products. Just got them yesterday so don't know how long they will last, but I have other LED flashlights and the one I packed batteries in a few years ago is still kicking. So I have high hopes for these. I put them next to our emergency supplies in the coat closet (I live in earthquake country). We had a power outage a few weeks ago and I had to fumble to find the regular C-battery flashlight. And the battery was running low (I just replaced them a couple of months ago!).

Installing the batteries using the cartridge type enclosure was a breeze. And the rotating switch to go through the four modes of lighting was also very intuitive. The headband fits perfectly (and I have a big head (no pun intended and is light. I am just afraid if my sister sees these, she'd want one for her house too (so I bought two just in case you see).

I fiddle around a lot with electronics in hard to get places, so I am looking forward to the next time I have to readjust wiring's for the home-theater or the doohickey behind the computers! :-)

The only complaint? Why three batteries? It makes it so hard to pair them up! Now I need to charge 6 at a time and the other 2 (in my 4 pair family) will be all sad and lonely....well at least they'll have each other...

See 1 answered question